Just wondering, if I wanted to install this on top of Aethereal is that possible? Just replace the CODs and use Apploader?

Cause i tried that and it showed nothing to update.

should work it will just show "update" by the blackberry 6.0.0 system software in the software select section, no "reload os" option like the first install or at least that's how it showed for me

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    07-08-12 01:19 PM
    Yeah that was what i was expecting to see, but it did not show that....so i just wondered is there any steps that i missed out on....
    07-08-12 01:26 PM
    Yeah that was what i was expecting to see, but it did not show that....so i just wondered is there any steps that i missed out on....

install base, copy aethereal files, copy afterburner files, shrink as desired, delete vendor.XML(s), run loader, install

07-08-12 01:51 PM
    Just upgraded to Afterburner after many months using BLVI Hybrid.

Shrunk this install down to about 35 MB for the java install.

Been up for 1.5 hours...battery drain peak early at -35% per hour but is now averaging about -12% per hour and coming down.

Memory has been very stable thus far after reinstalling and opening all apps including the browser...free memory is 85.6 MB down only -1.8 MB at 1.5 hours in. Will do a battery pull after about 5 hours uptime. Started with 100% charge...now down to 75% with heavy usage and a few phone calls. Totally within the expectations of the developer.

Hybrid is very snappy and fast. Boot time is reasonably fast.

Browser does not allow scroll back but not a big deal...delete works fine for a web address Browser is fast but have not loaded super large pages or opened too many tabs yet.

As far as i know from reading the forums...the quick batter drain at 40% issue was taken care of with the COD selection in this build.

Thanks Wu...this seems to be a very good build. Appreciate the hard work and sharing your OSs...Cheers!

Edit: Using this on a 9700...Cheers!
    Last edited by BullMarket; 07-08-12 at 08:46 PM. Reason: added bb model
    07-08-12 08:44 PM
    Just wondering, if I wanted to install this on top of Aethereal is that possible? Just replace the CODs and use Apploader?

Cause i tried that and it showed nothing to update.
    should work it will just show "update" by the blackberry 6.0.0 system software in the software select section, no "reload os" option like the first install or at least that's how it showed for me

install base, copy aethereal files, copy afterburner files, shrink as desired, delete vendor.XML(s), run loader, install

Aethereal is 66 files. Afterburner is 71 files. Installing Aethereal and then Afterburner is a waste of time, because every single file in Aethereal will be replaced with Afterburner.

Just so everyone knows.
    07-08-12 09:22 PM
    okay. after 48 hours installed, i drop my reports now.

-boot up time is normal(same when using Aethereal)
    -the responsiveness is okay. but sometimes, it quite sluggish. i'll give it another 24 hours to see any changes.
    -battery drain at -6.0% (dunno why, Aethereal is -4.8% after 2 days)
    -browsing slightly improve, eventhough closing page error still occur.
    -EDGE and 3G locking start to get better locking.

anyway, thanks Wu for this build. it's really worth the wait.
    07-09-12 01:35 AM
    Installed this morning. Thanks again for nice, clean hybrids.

Question: any reason why my email got deactivated on this build but not Acacia, Adrenaline, or Aetheral? I'm running on 9800 over .723
    07-09-12 10:42 AM
    Initial burn-in seems pretty good on 9800. TinyMeter min/max/ave = 2.2/23.0/8.3 with MeterBerry reporting ADR of 5.0%/hr. I'm used to hybrid installs starting off over 10%/hr meaning I have to charge my phone on the way home from work.
    07-09-12 02:24 PM
    after 2 days, cleared logs when i unplugged this morning, 8 hours uptime:

after 12 hours, heavy usage for me, very heavy. going to do a light usage day tomorrow, and
    post my new logs at the same intervals.

Side note: got in contact with my telus service representative, and now have my free data back, gotta love that rep. The way my data plan is set up, I just needed the browsing service books, and now it all works perfectly. Means I also got my blackberry protect contacts back, which is about 30 which were missing.

Last edited by bmercer94; 07-09-12 at 10:03 PM.
    07-09-12 05:16 PM
    do i need to replace the three problematic base cods with this build also?
    07-10-12 05:55 PM
    Aethereal is 66 files. Afterburner is 71 files. Installing Aethereal and then Afterburner is a waste of time, because every single file in Aethereal will be replaced with Afterburner.

Just so everyone knows.
    I used BBSAK to inject a new hybrid from Wu-wei. Its easy way for me
    07-10-12 09:56 PM
    do i need to replace the three problematic base cods with this build also?
    I replaced mine with the ones from .723 base OS since I assumed that Wu Wei is using his standard base OS cods for this Hybrid.

Side note:
    On the Aethereal, after replacing the .cods, battery shutdown at around 30% remaining charge. Not ideal but, better than when it was shutting down at 40%.
    07-11-12 12:47 AM
    I replaced mine with the ones from .723 base OS since I assumed that Wu Wei is using his standard base OS cods for this Hybrid.

Side note:
    On the Aethereal, after replacing the .cods, battery shutdown at around 30% remaining charge. Not ideal but, better than when it was shutting down at 40%.
    Hey guys I'm in here I get d shutdown stuff too. What cods r u talking about and how do I fix dat
    07-11-12 05:43 AM
    Hey guys I'm in here I get d shutdown stuff too. What cods r u talking about and how do I fix dat
    These are the files in question:

1. net_rim_bb_phone_dc_resources.cod
    2. net_rim_bb_phone_model.cod and
    3. net_rim_bb_phone_resource.cod

In my device (9300), cods from .723 base OS fixes the issue.
    07-11-12 07:03 AM
    I'm not sure why that issue happens, as I have a 9300 that has never experienced that issue, without replacing the file. Unusual.
    07-11-12 01:00 PM
    Wu, I've been using Afterburner with .722 base for 2 or 3 days, and I found that it seemed like a more suiting combo for my usage than using Aethereal with .723 base (maybe it's all in my mind?)

There hasn't been any choppy voice calls nor any intermittent phone conversations through my bluetooth headset since. I've changed my wireless setting to 3G only and seems like I've getting much better battery results than 3G/2G (maybe the phone's too busy searching for the stronger signal?)

I normally do around 30 mins of voice call per day and quite some browsing on the Crackberry site and forums (both over wifi and 3G, I keep my bluetooth, wifi and 3G on all the time, even when not connected to anything, just too lazy to bother to click it off).

Battery life's at average of -4.6% per hour (min -0.1% to max -17.9%) and my 9780 doesn't seem to take any huge memory spikes.

All in all it's a great solid build. As for the shut down around 30%, I've yet to get my battery down below 40% (I start my day around 8am and put my phone back on charger around 11ish or 12midnight)
    07-11-12 02:08 PM
    My bb 9800 phone keeps ringing even after the person has hung up and I have not yet answered it. Normally it will say missed call if person hangs up before I answer. Is this happening to anyone else?
    07-11-12 06:00 PM
    Been running Afterburner for about 3 days now. Here are some additional observations from testing:

Boot time is about 3 minutes from battery insert to completion of security testing.

Loading of web pages is good...browser is snappy and responsive.

Battery drain averages about 4 to 5% but that includes running multiple 3rd party chat clients, wifi on all the time, as well as bluetooth on all the time and tethered to a Playbook.

Blackberry App world works fine on wifi, however, will not connect on 3G (no BIS plan, just data plan).

Camera works fine, however, using the preview option right after taking a photo will not render the photo image for about 20 seconds. This is unique to this hybrid.

This appears to be a very good build with the noted anomalies.

Will report any additional discoveries.

BB 9700 used to test the build.
    07-11-12 10:17 PM
    My battery life has plummeted since I've got my data plan back, 5 hours in down to 61%. I never put my phone down now that I can do stuff hard on it though
    07-12-12 11:30 AM
    I'm not sure why that issue happens, as I have a 9300 that has never experienced that issue, without replacing the file. Unusual.
    Very unusual indeed! I can't see a pattern as well whether its device specific, region specific or whatever.

The fix cures the issue though & device would shutdown at 10% battery remaining charge compared to 40% without the fix.
    07-12-12 11:57 AM
    I have the new OS (7.1.0.569) and Agile is in testing now. I may have finally sorted the closing page error, but time will tell.
    bmercer94, kev23m, leontam and 1 others like this.
    07-12-12 08:05 PM
    I'm reloading with base .668 to see if that fixes a java error i'm getting(i'll post a screen of the error when my phone's back on) i have to take all my previous battery data as inconclusive, as i use my phone A LOT more with full data access. no more 2-3% ADR, i've been getting 6-10% ADR since my data's back.

Edit: the error i received every time i battery pull

Last edited by bmercer94; 07-12-12 at 09:34 PM.
    07-12-12 08:48 PM
    Installed with base .668 yesteday. Feel smoother n more responsive than .723. Downside is when open pictures library take more times. ADR min -0.3% max -16% avg -5.4% with memory leak -1.5MB
    07-12-12 10:22 PM
    569 is up Leigh.
    07-13-12 12:00 AM
    569 is up Leigh.
    I have the new OS (7.1.0.569) and Agile is in testing now. I may have finally sorted the closing page error, but time will tell.
    Loading a new build to device now...if there are no show-stoppers, will seed to a select few for further testing.

Soulja Boy likes this.
    07-13-12 01:14 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD