I'm not convinced it is a device-specific issue, but I have seen several users reporting battery level problems.

I intend to make two versions and indicate that one is for the folks who have those types of issues. Personally, I haven't had those problems and I continue to use the newer cods on my device.

Sounds good Definitely looking forward to the new build(s).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 05:03 PM
    Interesting observation from testing the Haze fork: I can no longer scroll back when typing in a search in browser address bar. Only way to edit is by deleting/backspace. Now to figure out which file changed that, and whether it affects other performance.
    deathbearry likes this.
    07-02-12 06:39 PM
    I will make a note and (hopefully) remember to provide two different versions of my hybrids from now on.
    I'm not convinced it is a device-specific issue, but I have seen several users reporting battery level problems.

I intend to make two versions and indicate that one is for the folks who have those types of issues. Personally, I haven't had those problems and I continue to use the newer cods on my device.
    Thanks, but I think it will annoy those not having battery indication problems? My suggestion is to 'cook' the hybrid with your standard .611 .cod's (3) as you would normally do and provide simple instruction/warning in the installation procedure to those experiencing battery indication problems to overwrite files in the \java folder with our preferred cod's (.723, .668, etc.).

if those CODs are included, then isn't it strange that i've never had this issue whatsoever? despite using a 9300.
    Interesting! I just had the issue after a week use of Aethereal! Wu is probably right in saying that it's not device specific, but it could be anything then from Apps installed, telco provider, country-specific devices(?), etc. Anyways, It's comforting to have a simple fix of using .723 cod's. My device battery indication is working accurately now!
    07-02-12 08:35 PM
    whether these hybrids can run both 9105?
    07-03-12 03:12 AM
    whether these hybrids can run both 9105?
    I have received reports that my builds run fine on the 91xx series as well.
    07-03-12 11:30 AM
    A couple of screenshots showing recent battery performance. First, a heavy browsing and calling period from last night, 12% in about 1.5 hours:

And overnight idle after topping off a full charge, 9% in 8 hours:

radi33idar likes this.
    07-03-12 11:34 AM
    A couple of screenshots showing recent battery performance. First, a heavy browsing and calling period from last night, 12% in about 1.5 hours:

Click to view quoted image

And overnight idle after topping off a full charge, 9% in 8 hours:

Click to view quoted image
    in your opinion do you think haze is better so far....cos i'm expectant;checking this thread every minute lolzzzz
    07-03-12 11:49 AM
    in your opinion do you think haze is better so far....cos i'm expectant;checking this thread every minute lolzzzz
    I do think Haze is a slight improvement, but it doesn't address the "closing page" issue that I set out to fix. I've had uptimes of 4+ days and currently 2+ days without any lag or performance impact - save for testing large pages to reproduce the "closing page" events.

I'd like to sort the browser address bar search editability before I release Haze - plus I'm kinda hoping for a new leak or something to make a whole new build a little more worthwhile for my users.
    Soulja Boy likes this.
    07-03-12 05:58 PM
    Simply amazing! Hope to get similar results on 9300. Concur to 'worthwhile' waiting too!
    07-03-12 08:39 PM
    I do think Haze is a slight improvement, but it doesn't address the "closing page" issue that I set out to fix. I've had uptimes of 4+ days and currently 2+ days without any lag or performance impact - save for testing large pages to reproduce the "closing page" events.

I'd like to sort the browser address bar search editability before I release Haze - plus I'm kinda hoping for a new leak or something to make a whole new build a little more worthwhile for my users.
    When you have a new leak, u make a whole new build but that new build must be tested for someday, I can't wait for longer, please release haze if u think it's ok.
    07-03-12 10:02 PM
    When you have a new leak, u make a whole new build but that new build must be tested for someday, I can't wait for longer, please release haze if u think it's ok.
    Well, I tend to turn new builds around pretty quickly with new OS releases. It's just the fine-tuning I'm doing now that I like to test for a little longer.

Either way, PM me with your email.
    07-03-12 11:03 PM

take your time. we will wait. and , may i ask you something, what do you mean by browsing search editability? someting we can edit at address bar? sorry, i'm a noob
    07-04-12 12:20 AM
    take your time. we will wait. and , may i ask you something, what do you mean by browsing search editability? someting we can edit at address bar? sorry, i'm a noob
    In the past, whenever I typed into the browser address bar , I was not able to scroll back over what I had typed in. If I wanted to edit it, I had to delete back to wherever I wanted to edit.

In one of my recent builds, I noticed that had changed and that I was able to scroll back and edit without deleting everything I had typed in.

Now it's back to the old way and I want to figure that out. Just a little thing I noticed.
    deathbearry likes this.
    07-04-12 01:29 AM
    Well, I tend to turn new builds around pretty quickly with new OS releases. It's just the fine-tuning I'm doing now that I like to test for a little longer.

Either way, PM me with your email.
    I sent u my email:d I hope u'll release the new build soon!
    07-04-12 03:11 AM
    Will 6.0.0.570 (212) Base work?
    Just wanna know. tnx

I've successfully installed this OS using base 723. (shrink)
    Also as i'm completely new to this.
    I can't seem to browse anything using wi-fi (app world, browser)
    Last edited by mayu08; 07-04-12 at 05:00 PM.
    07-04-12 07:16 AM
    Hey Wu, can you try fixing the video problem in your new build? Whenever I try to look at videos from ESPN they're very blurry usually most videos that I view from my 9780 are
    07-05-12 01:46 AM
    Will this base OS work for this Hybrid??

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2921 (Asia)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2921
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.666
    Software Platform: 6.6.0.241
    File name: 9780jAsia_PBr6.0.0_rel2921_PL6.6.0.241_A6.0.0.666_ SMART_Communications_Inc.exe
    File size: 165.57MB

Sorry if i also posted it on this thread. I just want to know which is better because I want to use that as my Base OS.. Thank You Wu
    07-05-12 01:57 AM
    It should work fine with this base. I have used this on 6.0.0.480/615/668/723 on the 9700 without too much trouble. Curently using it with the 6.0.0.615.

Recommended base os is 6.0.0.723

Will this base OS work for this Hybrid??

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2921 (Asia)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2921
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.666
    Software Platform: 6.6.0.241
    File name: 9780jAsia_PBr6.0.0_rel2921_PL6.6.0.241_A6.0.0.666_ SMART_Communications_Inc.exe
    File size: 165.57MB

Sorry if i also posted it on this thread. I just want to know which is better because I want to use that as my Base OS.. Thank You Wu
    emwhy likes this.
    07-05-12 02:15 AM
    Leigh, 536 is up and we're ready to rock the boat
    07-05-12 02:41 AM
    Yep just installed the .536 cods instead of the .523 cods.
    Initial reactions
    Install was smooth. No problems.
    115mb free.

Will post back if i have any trouble. I have replaced only the 43 cods used by wu from .523 to .536. Installed with base os 6.0.0.723

Leigh, 536 is up and we're ready to rock the boat
    07-05-12 08:38 AM
    Perhaps a dumb question but the OP doesn't specifically state what the hybrid build aims to improve upon... is it JUST battery life? Are people experiencing any improvements in areas related to RAM, native browser functionality (ie not force closing when browsing over 1 tab) and overall speed? Do people feel this is a better OS6 hybrid than the others on this page (ie BL)? It does win marks for being the most regularly updated to be sure...
    Walestrings likes this.
    07-05-12 01:46 PM
    hi.. some can help me. with this build(OS). My battery from 39% suddenly drop to 3% (force device to shutdown)
    07-07-12 08:48 AM
172 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD