Just a note that I am at 3.5 days uptime, ADR is 3.1% and memory is my usual -23 MB.
    06-30-12 04:13 PM
    Just a note that I am at 3.5 days uptime, ADR is 3.1% and memory is my usual -23 MB.

i'm at 3% adr, i just installed an app, so i'm at -5.1MB, but was at 0.0 mb to 1.2 mb all day

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using The CrackBerry Forum App
    deathbearry likes this.
    06-30-12 06:43 PM
    mine is -4.7%. still at it from last week.
    06-30-12 11:35 PM
    I'm seeing -3.9 to -4.3 ADR at medium to heavy usage. That gives me almost 2 days of battery juice before recharging. Unfortunately, I missed to inject satorius .723 power cods during install and device shutdown at 40% (erroneous battery reading)!
    07-01-12 04:03 AM
    I can see haze... All the way uphill..
    07-01-12 06:43 AM
    Thanks Wu Wei for time and again yielding Hybrids that not only give us more in what we can do with our devices but something to look forward to as BB users. Thanks!
    07-01-12 08:29 AM
    Thanks Wu Wei for time and again yielding Hybrids that not only give us more in what we can do with our devices but something to look forward to as BB users. Thanks!
    Yeah I agRee wit what u said. Bb can be so boring @times. Trying out new b@stard hybrids can put some fun in it.
    gm4422 likes this.
    07-01-12 11:40 AM
    I'm seeing -3.9 to -4.3 ADR at medium to heavy usage. That gives me almost 2 days of battery juice before recharging. Unfortunately, I missed to inject satorius .723 power cods during install and device shutdown at 40% (erroneous battery reading)!

? Inject what cods, this can be fixed?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    07-01-12 01:02 PM
    All I did was, install the base, extract the Aethereal's content on Java, and install. How I know that I did alright? I mean, how I can verify that I'm running the hybrid? When I extracted the Aethereal's content on Java, got 2.032 files. It's that okay? Btw. The base you recommend is for all languajes. Can I install Spanish languaje? It will affect on something? Sorry for all the questions. I used to use the hybrids where you have to delete all the files on the base folder, and then install. So I'm kinda new on this. Hope I'm doing it right. Thanks.
    07-01-12 05:51 PM
    All I did was, install the base, extract the Aethereal's content on Java, and install. How I know that I did alright? I mean, how I can verify that I'm running the hybrid? When I extracted the Aethereal's content on Java, got 2.032 files. It's that okay? Btw. The base you recommend is for all languajes. Can I install Spanish languaje? It will affect on something? Sorry for all the questions. I used to use the hybrids where you have to delete all the files on the base folder, and then install. So I'm kinda new on this. Hope I'm doing it right. Thanks.
    If you open the help screen (alt + shift + h, or alt + e a c e) you should see 7.1.0.523 (3106). If that's there, the hybrid is installed.

Sounds like you didn't shrink the OS, which is fine. And you can select any languages you wish, that won't affect performance.
    CristhianHC likes this.
    07-01-12 06:08 PM
    If you open the help screen (alt + shift + h, or alt + e a c e) you should see 7.1.0.523 (3106). If that's there, the hybrid is installed.

Sounds like you didn't shrink the OS, which is fine. And you can select any languages you wish, that won't affect performance.
    Thanks. I'll write back if something is wrong.
    07-01-12 06:15 PM
    ? Inject what cods, this can be fixed?
    Yes EVERED78, works with my 9300. The power .cods are from the base .723 as I mentioned to you before at B@astard Yvon thread. Otherwise, my battery indication would stay at 99+ % for like 8 hours from batt full and die down at 40% batt. level which is equivalent to ~ 40 hrs use (almost 2 days before recharge).
    wu-wei likes this.
    07-02-12 02:37 AM
    The three files identified by raid33idar are 7.0.0.611 in my builds...just FYI.

They are net_rim_bb_phone_dc_resources.cod, net_rim_bb_phone_model.cod, and net_rim_bb_phone_resource.cod

Seems they don't play well with some devices.
    07-02-12 02:49 AM
    Leigh, should I inject it or should I start fresh? Kind a lazy to start fresh actually..

07-02-12 03:57 AM
    Leigh, should I inject it or should I start fresh? Kind a lazy to start fresh actually..

I always advise against injecting files...I've had some bad experiences.

That said, I have managed to do some impromptu testing of random-ish ideas via injecting without any trouble.

If you're talking about the Haze patch, I don't think you can inject because those files are core system files and will require a fresh OS install regardless.
    radi33idar likes this.
    07-02-12 04:00 AM
    I always advise against injecting files...I've had some bad experiences.

That said, I have managed to do some impromptu testing of random-ish ideas via injecting without any trouble.

If you're talking about the Haze patch, I don't think you can inject because those files are core system files and will require a fresh OS install regardless.

Are you sure? Coz I just "rockfilemanager" it. Well, let's see what happens.

07-02-12 04:24 AM
    Is the Aethereal Haze release already....?
    Last edited by Soulja Boy; 07-02-12 at 11:10 AM.
    07-02-12 10:43 AM
    They are net_rim_bb_phone_dc_resources.cod, net_rim_bb_phone_model.cod, and net_rim_bb_phone_resource.cod

Seems they don't play well with some devices.
    Yup, .611 cod files above are confirmed not compatible with 9300 as it gives erroneous battery readings. BatteryEx reports -0% minimum ADR or 99+ indication for like 8 to 12 hrs before it dies down at exactly 40% remaining charge.

I think it's best to overwrite the 'hybrid' files with .723 base OS cod files before installation rather than injecting it after install since device will go back to 'break-in' period all over again. But, it's a quick fix alternative to doing a complete reinstall.

I tend to forget this every time I install your hybrids.
    07-02-12 11:26 AM
    Yup, .611 cod files above are confirmed not compatible with 9300 as it gives erroneous battery readings. BatteryEx reports -0% minimum ADR or 99+ indication for like 8 to 12 hrs before it dies down at exactly 40% remaining charge.

I think it's best to overwrite the 'hybrid' files with .723 base OS cod files before installation rather than injecting it after install since device will go back to 'break-in' period all over again. But, it's a quick fix alternative to doing a complete reinstall.

I will make a note and (hopefully) remember to provide two different versions of my hybrids from now on.
    07-02-12 12:28 PM
    Is the Aethereal Haze release already....?
    Not yet. It is still technically in testing. Haze is a collection of 12 older version files that, at least in my testing, seem to improve a few things about my hybrids. Unfortunately, the closing page issue on the 9700 is not among the things they fix.
    07-02-12 12:30 PM
    What's the point of "haze" and "glow" ?
    07-02-12 12:44 PM
    What's the point of "haze" and "glow" ?
    They are forks from my usual architecture.

Glow was a fork that reverted all the 707 files back to base OS.

Haze is a fork that reverts several files to older versions.
    07-02-12 01:32 PM

if those CODs are included, then isn't it strange that i've never had this issue whatsoever? despite using a 9300

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 03:10 PM
    Unfortunately Leigh, me too, have the "force-close" browser.

07-02-12 03:32 PM
    if those CODs are included, then isn't it strange that i've never had this issue whatsoever? despite using a 9300

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    I'm not convinced it is a device-specific issue, but I have seen several users reporting battery level problems.

I intend to make two versions and indicate that one is for the folks who have those types of issues. Personally, I haven't had those problems and I continue to use the newer cods on my device.
    07-02-12 03:38 PM
172 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD