I know how to subtly stir sh!t up.
    06-28-12 05:15 AM
    try this ; Football News, Gossip & Transfer Rumours | The Sun from blackberry browser. it will close eventually. i noticed that all news website page can be browse by my blackberry.
    Ya that closed on me too

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Well, it opened perfectly on my 9780, maybe it's a 9700 thing?
    Its a RAM thing. 9700 only have 256 compared to 9780 with 512. Although some modification to the cods (what wu is working on) would do the trick, it will all eventually come to the basic thing which is.......... RAM.
    but how 'bout my friend's Curve 9300? it can load it without any problem. i believe his Curve also got 256mb of RAM too. i think he is an alien though
    It may not be a RAM limitation thing or volume of photo's/images in the page, but rather the native Blackberry browser issue since the link posted by deathbearry loads perfectly using Opera Mini! Native browser has no success loading it (on a 9300 with limited RAM).

My issue is how to make Opera Mini the default browser so as links to web sites are directed to it. Any ideas?
    Best I have to offer on making Opera the default browser is to use QuickLaunch for bookmarks - using QL you can specify whether they launch with Opera or native BB Browser.

Regarding the page offered for testing, I tried it earlier today and got the closing page error.

During my testing of these dozen files, I noticed a few interesting log entries and started tracking down JSON errors. However, when the sum and substance of the exception thrown is "UNDF" it's rather hard to troubleshoot.

At any rate, just for grins I disabled JavaScript in the native BB Browser, tried the page again, and it loaded completely. Well, as completely as one might expect with JavaScript disabled.

So, the problem appears to be in our native browser's handling of JavaScript - either processing or caching. I am tempted to agree about the hardware limitation, but once upon a time the main test for the closing page error was to load the full engadget site in our browser. I had a few builds that were able to handle that, and that's why I've been digging through my archives to get it sorted once again. I will again point out that a very vague error message is making the solution a bit difficult to uncover.
    deathbearry and radi33idar like this.
    06-28-12 05:24 AM
    I know how to subtly stir sh!t up.
    when i saw your profile, a see new aethereal, is there new build from u?
    06-28-12 05:30 AM
    when i saw your profile, a see new aethereal, is there new build from u?
    There is a new build, but it is still in testing (and, honestly, development). I learned a little bit from the whole Acacia/Adrenaline/Adrenaline Glow forking thing. Once there's some polish on the Haze fork I'm testing, I will release an update.
    henxui25 likes this.
    06-28-12 05:33 AM
    There is a new build, but it is still in testing (and, honestly, development). I learned a little bit from the whole Acacia/Adrenaline/Adrenaline Glow forking thing. Once there's some polish on the Haze fork I'm testing, I will release an update.
    Woooo.. Leigh is cookin' again.
    06-28-12 06:36 AM
    Nice! Looking forward to it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    06-28-12 07:45 AM
    Well, it opened perfectly on my 9780, maybe it's a 9700 thing?
    maybe. let's hope Wu's magic to fix that
    06-28-12 07:58 AM
    one thing that i don't like Opera Mini is it can render Javascript. yes, it is fast. it also can load full website, but still, it's like missing secret sauce on it.
    06-28-12 08:07 AM
    Can't wait!!!!
    06-28-12 08:15 AM
    try this ; Football News, Gossip & Transfer Rumours | The Sun from blackberry browser. it will close eventually. i noticed that all news website page can be browse by my blackberry.
    It opened on my 9800. There is a pop up that requires you to say yes to accepting cookies and then the loading finishes. It is not really a pop up window, but one of those semi transparent items that appear on some web pages. Perhaps this is what is causing the problem on some phones.

I also tried it on my 9900 (OS 7.1.0523) and PlayBook. The both loaded the page without any problems. The page is a bit slow to load, but I think this is probably a poorly coded page with too many objects on it.
    06-28-12 09:30 AM
    Best I have to offer on making Opera the default browser is to use QuickLaunch for bookmarks - using QL you can specify whether they launch with Opera or native BB Browser...

At any rate, just for grins I disabled JavaScript in the native BB Browser, tried the page again, and it loaded completely. Well, as completely as one might expect with JavaScript disabled...
    Thanks for the QL & JavaScript Tips! I decided on the latter for a temporary fix & keep native apps rather than third parties to avoid unnecessary problems in the future. Installed Opera Mini just to prove a point.

A fix to the the browser problem would be great rather than a new build since Aethereal is turning out to be a perfect match for my BB model!
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-28-12 11:37 AM
    It opened on my 9800. There is a pop up that requires you to say yes to accepting cookies and then the loading finishes. It is not really a pop up window, but one of those semi transparent items that appear on some web pages. Perhaps this is what is causing the problem on some phones.

I also tried it on my 9900 (OS 7.1.0523) and PlayBook. The both loaded the page without any problems. The page is a bit slow to load, but I think this is probably a poorly coded page with too many objects on it.
    that's because maybe your RAM is quite large. and that semi-transparent thing is prompt to ask you accept cookie or not. i accept it but there's no chocolate cookies received.
    06-28-12 03:17 PM
    running over .723 on 9800 for 2 days now. battery seems to have settled faster than Adrenaline and at slower discharge. I'm getting between 0.1% and 16.9% with average of 4.7%. memory leak over 2 days is under 5mb.
    seems like a solid hybrid.
    i greatly appreciate these simple hybrids that are just zipped java updates with no crazy complicated installers. thanks again!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-28-12 10:18 PM
    Battery life from 523 seems to be solid (at least from my end). I wonder if the next release would have the same battery life.

wu-wei likes this.
    06-28-12 10:42 PM
    how to check that i successfully installed this hybrid?
    sry 1st time
    06-28-12 11:25 PM
    how to check that i successfully installed this hybrid?
    sry 1st time

In your home menu, simply press alt+aA+h without releasing it. The easiest way is too see your app version. It should stated like this one..

tang63 and wu-wei like this.
    06-29-12 01:29 AM
    Anyone revisited old os 6 versions with this hybrid. Gonna try some and see. Been using it with .723, now will try .480, .615, .668 & .706.
    If anyone has tested with any of these pls post updates so i dont bother with that version.
    06-29-12 07:33 AM
    Anyone revisited old os 6 versions with this hybrid. Gonna try some and see. Been using it with .723, now will try .480, .615, .668 & .706.
    If anyone has tested with any of these pls post updates so i dont bother with that version.
    I run it over .668 because the 9300 doesn't play nice with .723, not mine anyway.
    Personally, .668 works better, but that could just be because of my handset.

Battery logs: Three Days Later
    06-29-12 07:48 AM
    I'm pretty sure I tested this build on the .576 simulator, so that should at least work if you want to try it on a real device.

Also, there are plenty of identical 6.0.0.x OSes. .600 and .615 (Platform 6.6.0.223); .650 and .668 (Platform 6.6.0.236); .666 and .722 (Platform 6.6.0.241).
    06-29-12 11:48 AM
    I've had a blackberry for about 3 years now and yesterday I installed the Aethereal on my 9700 and its running so smooth and the battery life has increased so much no more lagging everything runs perfectly
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-29-12 02:58 PM
    I've had a blackberry for about 3 years now and yesterday I installed the Aethereal on my 9700 and its running so smooth and the battery life has increased so much no more lagging everything runs perfectly

That's good to hear mate. Enjoy your new 9700

06-29-12 08:12 PM
    .480 runs as smooth as the .723. No clocks with choosing images and they load faster. Battery life seems to be better. memory loss is about the same or a little more.
    Gonna let this run for a week before I try it with .615
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-29-12 11:06 PM
    hi,

your hybrid is better for me since im heavy usage user. bbm+email+browser.

stanby batt. drop every 6hours 2%
    heavy usage drop 2mins every 2%
    calling for 2hours. drop only 4%
    nice built.

kindly send BIS (email) setup. BIS keep asking for password/login every 30mins/1hours. kindly assist me.
    06-29-12 11:08 PM
    This one is the latest email setup extracted from 7.1 build. It works fine with me. You can have a try
    MrPopo likes this.
    06-30-12 01:01 AM
    thank you.
    06-30-12 06:16 AM
172 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD