I finally got my socialscope invite!

Wanted to share the good news with you guys!

Back to the main topic: No bad news to report. All running smooth. Battery ADR is about 2%

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Shoot, wish I had known you were waiting for an invite...I think I have two or three left.

And good deal on the ADR. Those are respectable numbers.
    06-26-12 10:38 AM
    Shoot, wish I had known you were waiting for an invite...I think I have two or three left.

And good deal on the ADR. Those are respectable numbers.

*ehem*
    Hey I just met you, and this is crazy,
    But here's my request, so invite me maybe?.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-26-12 01:11 PM
    *ehem*
    Hey I just met you, and this is crazy,
    But here's my request, so invite me maybe?.

Invite sent
    06-26-12 01:29 PM
    Invite sent

Thanks a bunch wu

06-26-12 02:28 PM
    Thanks a bunch wu

No worries. I got 4 a while back, gave one to ench and now one to you. I still have 2 left, but I'm about to uninstall SocialScope because I've been using Twitter for BlackBerry instead (just comparing the two).
    06-26-12 04:26 PM
    mixed with 6.0.0.666 9105 Pearl 3G All running smooth
    thanks wu-wei
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-26-12 11:14 PM
    mixed with 6.0.0.666 9105 Pearl 3G All running smooth
    thanks wu-wei
    Thank you for reporting this - I've had several users ask whether my builds will run on 91xx devices.
    06-26-12 11:59 PM
    Current usage: min adr 0.1, max adr 7.7, avg adr 2.2, memory down 2.1mb after 23 hours without a batt. Pull

Excellent

What's socialscope, exactly?

Wish I had a 9100/5. Love that phone, stuck with my 9300.

Anyway, my commuter doesn't affect heat dispersal. Just a heavy usage day. Wish I had a defender, although I finally found a holster that fit my commuter. Pink & white in support of breast cancer research.

Tapatalk drains battery rapidly for me, so i've uninstalled it and apologize for any late replies. also: the reason i have so much free memory: i don't have a data plan, so can only use social apps + bbm. so that really limits the amount of apps i can have
    Last edited by bmercer94; 06-27-12 at 10:04 AM.
    06-27-12 08:14 AM
    Current usage: min adr 0.1, max adr 7.7, avg adr 2.2, memory down 2.1mb after 23 hours without a batt. Pull

Excellent

What's socialscope, exactly?

Wish I had a 9100/5. Love that phone, stuck with my 9300.

Anyway, my commuter doesn't affect heat dispersal. Just a heavy usage day. Wish I had a defender, although I finally found a holster that fit my commuter. Pink & white in support of breast cancer research.

Tapatalk drains battery rapidly for me, so i've uninstalled it and apologize for any late replies. also: the reason i have so much free memory: i don't have a data plan, so can only use social apps + bbm. so that really limits the amount of apps i can have
    SocialScope is a pretty cool app that combines Twitter, Facebook, 4square (and something else, I can't remember) all in one interface.

I was doing a bit of browsing yesterday and kept getting our pesky friend, the "page too large" error. So I read through a bunch of my old hybrid threads to see which of my past builds handled larger pages better. Then I did a few comparisons to see whether I ought to try swapping out a few files to improve browsing and general overall OS performance.

I identified 12 files, ran some tests, and decided to try installing a slightly modified Aethereal to my device. I haven't run any real-world browsing tests yet (I do need to sleep sometimes) but the image below is what I woke up to - a few hours after installing a fresh OS.

Soulja Boy likes this.
    06-27-12 12:55 PM
    SocialScope is a pretty cool app that combines Twitter, Facebook, 4square (and something else, I can't remember) all in one interface.

I was doing a bit of browsing yesterday and kept getting our pesky friend, the "page too large" error. So I read through a bunch of my old hybrid threads to see which of my past builds handled larger pages better. Then I did a few comparisons to see whether I ought to try swapping out a few files to improve browsing and general overall OS performance.

I identified 12 files, ran some tests, and decided to try installing a slightly modified Aethereal to my device. I haven't run any real-world browsing tests yet (I do need to sleep sometimes) but the image below is what I woke up to - a few hours after installing a fresh OS.

Click to view quoted image

Wow that's awesome!!!

06-27-12 01:51 PM
    Thanks that would be awesome...because that would solve all my problems...
    06-27-12 02:17 PM
    Thanks that would be awesome...because that would solve all my problems...
    Are there specific sites that typically cause the problem for you? I was running into it yesterday here on CB, but in an image-heavy thread.

I ran a few quick browsing tests and this combination seems to perform well - haven't had any closing page events yet.
    06-27-12 02:54 PM
    Most sites especially when i have to be directed to another page....
    06-27-12 03:13 PM
    try this ; Football News, Gossip & Transfer Rumours | The Sun from blackberry browser. it will close eventually. i noticed that all news website page can be browse by my blackberry.
    06-27-12 03:18 PM
    try this ; Football News, Gossip & Transfer Rumours | The Sun from blackberry browser. it will close eventually. i noticed that all news website page can be browse by my blackberry.

Ya that closed on me too

deathbearry likes this.
    06-27-12 05:04 PM
    Wu, great job!

I've finally jumped ship from Yvon to Aethereal (I know, I missed a lot of builds in between), after some frustration (delete 2 vendor.xml files to get apploader working) and tinkering, finally got it on my 9780 with .723 base.

No looking back on this one, it's snappier and seems like battery life's doing well (acceptable for me) on this one

Only dropped like 2 Mbs of memory after 14hours

Dunno why I retrieved .1 Mb of memory after taking the first screenshot?

(I keep bluetooth, wifi on standby all the time and uses 3G connection with phone 30mins worth of phone call, thus the high average discharge rate)
    Last edited by leontam; 06-27-12 at 07:18 PM.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-27-12 07:13 PM

capture report
    lordnorms and wu-wei like this.
    06-27-12 09:11 PM
    Well, it opened perfectly on my 9780, maybe it's a 9700 thing?
    06-27-12 09:14 PM
    Its a RAM thing. 9700 only have 256 compared to 9780 with 512. Although some modification to the cods (what wu is working on) would do the trick, it will all eventually come to the basic thing which is.......... RAM.
    06-27-12 10:15 PM
    Its a RAM thing. 9700 only have 256 compared to 9780 with 512. Although some modification to the cods (what wu is working on) would do the trick, it will all eventually come to the basic thing which is.......... RAM.
    but how 'bout my friend's Curve 9300? it can load it without any problem. i believe his Curve also got 256mb of RAM too. i think he is an alien though
    06-28-12 02:42 AM
    It may not be a RAM limitation thing or volume of photo's/images in the page, but rather the native Blackberry browser issue since the link posted by deathbearry loads perfectly using Opera Mini! Native browser has no success loading it (on a 9300 with limited RAM).

My issue is how to make Opera Mini the default browser so as links to web sites are directed to it. Any ideas?
    Last edited by radi33idar; 06-28-12 at 03:04 AM.
    06-28-12 02:55 AM
    Hmmm... Aethereal Haze?!
    06-28-12 02:59 AM
    Hmmm... Aethereal Haze?!
    what's that? a new hybrid build?
    06-28-12 03:07 AM
    there is a new build from wu, please wait
    06-28-12 03:25 AM
    Saw Wu Wei's profile!
    06-28-12 03:43 AM