C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    C:\Users\<....>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    but still not loading the OS.
    06-18-12 08:46 AM
    Deleted the vendor.xml from:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    C:\Users\<....>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    but still not loading the OS.

Did BB desktop software is currently running? If yes, go to tool bar at the bottom right of your pc, find desktop software and exit it. Same goes to any shrinking software (if you are using it). Exit them. Then load via apploader.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-18-12 09:04 AM
    Not much to report yet after 24 hours.

As always, speed & stability are not an issue with Wu Wei builds. My quest is to find the build with the least battery drain on this 9300 Curve. Abalone would give me an average 2.5% /hour. Let's see how it goes with Adrenaline. So far cranking at at 4.7% /hr. Should normalize after 3 days.

Thanks for sharing Wu Wei.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-18-12 09:16 AM
    Not much to report yet after 24 hours.

As always, speed & stability are not an issue with Wu Wei builds. My quest is to find the build with the least battery drain on this 9300 Curve. Abalone would give me an average 2.5% /hour. Let's see how it goes with Adrenaline. So far cranking at at 4.7% /hr. Should normalize after 3 days.

Thanks for sharing Wu Wei.

I'm also running the 9300 and get all-day out of battery with no issues, never tried Abalone, so I can't compare

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    06-18-12 10:00 AM
    Did BB desktop software is currently running? If yes, go to tool bar at the bottom right of your pc, find desktop software and exit it. Same goes to any shrinking software (if you are using it). Exit them. Then load via apploader.

Nothing, reboot phone and PC, still not detecting the hybrid.
    06-18-12 10:22 AM

Weird though. What build did you use? .723? Try run a registry clean.

06-18-12 10:34 AM
    Try using BBSAK's "Load OS" button, as i've had the same issue occur, and using BBSAK's option helped it.
    06-18-12 10:35 AM
    Weird though. What build did you use? .723? Try run a registry clean.

My stock os is 9700M_v6.0.0.723_P6.6.0.248, ran CCleaner, still nothing.
    06-18-12 10:41 AM
    the BB DM detects the OS, but I can not get it thru the AppLoader.

UPDATE: It seems like the AppLoader is detecting a newer OS on the phone, so is only allowing me to load non-system applications.
    Last edited by caquito07; 06-18-12 at 11:06 AM.
    06-18-12 10:52 AM
    may i ask, when you all said about the battery life, is it your device with 3G on or off? i mean, by just using 2G/EDGE..
    06-18-12 11:17 AM
    My carrier never had a 2G network available, so my battery life is on 3G

06-18-12 11:41 AM
    Ran the geekaphone test: RIM BlackBerry Torch 9800.

I have Adrenaline on 9800. I just dumped the new java folder on top of Acacia so am probably running a mix of the two hybrids. I'll start with a clean .723 next time.
    06-18-12 11:51 AM

UPDATE: It seems like the AppLoader is detecting a newer OS on the phone, so is only allowing me to load non-system applications.

Ok. Now I know which part you screwed. On the 2nd ss, did u thick the recommended (the first one) or leave bla bla bla one?

caquito07 likes this.
    06-18-12 12:04 PM
    Ok. Now I know which part you screwed. On the 2nd ss, did u thick the recommended (the first one) or leave bla bla bla one?

Recommended, the same that is selected on the picture.

UPDATE: now clicked on second option and it is allowing me to overwrite the OS. Thx

UPDATE 2: I used the first option before and it had a backup check box, now there is no such thing on the Replace...., will this delete all my data?
    Last edited by caquito07; 06-18-12 at 12:18 PM.
    06-18-12 12:10 PM
    I'm also running the 9300 and get all-day out of battery with no issues, never tried Abalone, so I can't compare
    With mobile network set to 2G & my normal day use, I can get 48 hours before recharge in Abalone.

Currently with Adrenaline, I'm getting 1.4% /hr but it's barely 30 hrs after install, too early to tell. Would give my take on this build after 3 days!
    06-18-12 12:13 PM
    wu wei,

on another note, do u happen to play around with any bluetooth files? I tether a lot and is there any build that can reduce the battery consumption or increase transfer speeds?

thank you!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    I used bluetooth files from 6.0.0.707. I haven't seen any significant differences in bluetooth performance (battery or throughput) between OS versions.
    06-18-12 12:56 PM
    Wu, did you included the latest BBM on this build?
    No, I don't typically include any BBM cods in my builds. I personally run the latest BetaZone version, and I'd be slammed with requests for unlock keys if I threw that in there. Actually, I'm running the version that was even pulled from BetaZone (6.2.0.51) and I suspect too many issues would crop up with that one.
    caquito07 likes this.
    06-18-12 12:58 PM

Recommended, the same that is selected on the picture.

UPDATE: now clicked on second option and it is allowing me to overwrite the OS. Thx

UPDATE 2: I used the first option before and it had a backup check box, now there is no such thing on the Replace...., will this delete all my data?
    Allow the downgrade when asked whether to leave system in place or replace with older version. You will still have an option to backup and restore all device data in a later step.
    caquito07 likes this.
    06-18-12 01:05 PM
    With mobile network set to 2G & my normal day use, I can get 48 hours before recharge in Abalone.

Currently with Adrenaline, I'm getting 1.4% /hr but it's barely 30 hrs after install, too early to tell. Would give my take on this build after 3 days!

If my service provider had a 2G network, I would no doubt do the same, but my provider used to have CDMA not GSM. Now it's almost entirely HSPA

06-18-12 03:38 PM
    Is it really necessary to use the base OS provided on the OP? I'm having trouble when I use that base OS because when I connect wifi at home and I start to download something, after 20secs i'm disconnected. Tried a lot of times and did a reboot still not helping. Any suggestion? Or can I use this instead?
    06-19-12 03:25 AM
    Is it really necessary to use the base OS provided on the OP? I'm having trouble when I use that base OS because when I connect wifi at home and I start to download something, after 20secs i'm disconnected. Tried a lot of times and did a reboot still not helping. Any suggestion? Or can I use this instead?

You can use any base you preferred. That base on the first post are recommended only,not a must. Being recommended means it has been tested and gives better performance. There are many other mirror or link to that specific os. You can just google them

06-19-12 03:48 AM
    You can use any base you preferred. That base on the first post are recommended only,not a must. Being recommended means it has been tested and gives better performance. There are many other mirror or link to that specific os. You can just google them

Do you have any idea about the pertaining issue about wifi? It's really annoying because I always get disconnected after a few seconds. I wanted to use the tested base OS But when I use this BlackBerry - Software Downloads 2 my wifi is fine. And one more thing about the camera, everything is working smoothly but when I tried to put my memory card on, the memory issue about the camera is happening again. What to do?
    06-19-12 03:52 AM
    I used bluetooth files from 6.0.0.707. I haven't seen any significant differences in bluetooth performance (battery or throughput) between OS versions.

Oh I see. Thanks for the heads up!

06-19-12 05:21 AM

I'm also facing slightly higher discharge rates of 1.5% to 3%. First day it hit a record high of 5%. lol. giving adrenaline another week. I only will have access to my laptop this weekend if I want to change OS.

I'm trying not to switch back to 2G. the only reason why I'm on 3G is cuz of these hybrid OS that wu wei made that keep my battery life longer. I used to use 2G before I got these hybrid OS.

Last edited by tang63; 06-19-12 at 05:27 AM.
    06-19-12 05:24 AM
    Do you have any idea about the pertaining issue about wifi? It's really annoying because I always get disconnected after a few seconds. I wanted to use the tested base OS But when I use this BlackBerry - Software Downloads 2 my wifi is fine. And one more thing about the camera, everything is working smoothly but when I tried to put my memory card on, the memory issue about the camera is happening again. What to do?
    If the Asia version of 6.0.0.723 works well for you, then by all means use that one. I personally prefer the multi-language 6.0.0.723 recommended in the first post for my own personal reasons. But base OSes are definitely a user-specific (and, at times, carrier-specific) preference.

Regardless, my build will work with the base OS you identified.
    06-19-12 05:31 AM
158 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD