That was really fast, Wu. Any clue as to the browser hang?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    06-20-12 05:47 PM
    I just noticed something about the Adrenaline build (not Adrenaline Glow). My 3G connection is weaker than usual. It no longer locks on to the 3G, in fact it keeps varying from 4 bars to 1 bar. Like immediately it reaches 4bars it drops to 1bar again. Lol. Strange.

Its been happening quite often nowadays. Maybe thats the reason for my recent surge in battery drain after using Abalone.

I WISH I could get home and try on ur Adrenaline Glow. Sounds so futuristic and a box full of goodness. HAHA.
    Last edited by tang63; 06-20-12 at 08:53 PM.
    06-20-12 08:50 PM
    I am almost certain this happens because I included so many 6.0.0.707 files. The recommendation for 723 as a base OS makes the 707 files a viable option. I have found that mixing files from the 700 series over a 600 series base will cause plenty of errors.

I can whip up a smaller version of Adrenaline that leaves the base OS files alone and just adds the 7.x files....that ought to work just fine on the 600 series base OSes.

I believe some folks might appreciate that type of build for other 700 series base OSes, too. lordnorms comes to mind.

Gggggrrrrrrrrrrrr... :angry:
    Wish I could turn back time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lordnorms; 06-21-12 at 12:05 AM.
    06-20-12 11:56 PM
    Just got back and see this. Loaded it immediately. All smooth.

Thanks Wu
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-21-12 12:01 AM
    That was really fast, Wu. Any clue as to the browser hang?

No clue on that one. It may be down to the use of 707 files over a different base on the 9300. I'm probably going to try Adrenaline Glow over an early 600 series base and see how things work out. Will report back. Oh, and I should note that I have not seen a similar browser hang on my current installation (Adrenaline over 723).
    06-21-12 01:59 AM
    I just noticed something about the Adrenaline build (not Adrenaline Glow). My 3G connection is weaker than usual. It no longer locks on to the 3G, in fact it keeps varying from 4 bars to 1 bar. Like immediately it reaches 4bars it drops to 1bar again. Lol. Strange.

Its been happening quite often nowadays. Maybe thats the reason for my recent surge in battery drain after using Abalone.

I WISH I could get home and try on ur Adrenaline Glow. Sounds so futuristic and a box full of goodness. HAHA.
    There is definitely a correlation between battery use and radio strength. I'm intrigued by the report of fluctuating 3G strength. Someone posted earlier about how they were getting the best 3G lock they'd seen using this build. Makes me wonder whether your carrier isn't tuning their towers in your vicinity, or something. Not saying it isn't caused by my build, just wondering aloud here...
    06-21-12 02:02 AM
    Gggggrrrrrrrrrrrr... :angry:
    Wish I could turn back time.

Sorry bro....looking back I ought to have made that fork when I built Acacia, so as to accommodate all users. I apologize for the inconvenience.
    06-21-12 02:04 AM
    does not work with .666 build. it will show error message after 10 minutes of boot up time. lol xD
    I am almost certain this happens because I included so many 6.0.0.707 files. The recommendation for 723 as a base OS makes the 707 files a viable option. I have found that mixing files from the 700 series over a 600 series base will cause plenty of errors.

I can whip up a smaller version of Adrenaline that leaves the base OS files alone and just adds the 7.x files....that ought to work just fine on the 600 series base OSes.

I believe some folks might appreciate that type of build for other 700 series base OSes, too. lordnorms comes to mind.
    And here we go...

Adrenaline Glow

This build should work over any 6.0.0.6xx or 6.0.0.7xx base OS.
    I can confirm that Adrenaline Glow runs without error on 6.0.0.668. It will even run on 6.0.0.570, but throws a java exception error because the newer version of one of the wap provisioning files that I use calls to an internal symbol that is not included in that earlier OS. Aside from the irritation of seeing that exception error at boot time, there should be no adverse affect on functionality.

As for me, I am lingering on the edge of loading Glow over my dear old standby, 6.0.0.615. Seems I just can't leave any OS on my poor BlackBerry longer than a week or so.
    06-21-12 02:34 AM

yeah..i know. you mentioned that in every new hybrid that you has been released. i just want to try by mix n match your hybrid with older build. it's not your fault, though. consider this, i'm just a tester of mix n' match your hybrid with other builds other than you've mentioned. anyway, thank you so much.
    06-21-12 03:15 AM
    When i install the base OS on my computer, then run the loader.exe program it connects to my blackberry but then when it gets to the screen to select software to install it only has my 3rd party apps on my device, not the new device software (Adrenaline+base files). It only seems to work correctly if I use an older base OS, such as 668.
    06-21-12 05:02 AM
    Sorry bro....looking back I ought to have made that fork when I built Acacia, so as to accommodate all users. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Lol. Kidding only wu. To have you and your hybrids is more than enough.

wu-wei likes this.
    06-21-12 06:44 AM
    When i install the base OS on my computer, then run the loader.exe program it connects to my blackberry but then when it gets to the screen to select software to install it only has my 3rd party apps on my device, not the new device software (Adrenaline+base files). It only seems to work correctly if I use an older base OS, such as 668.

Have you deleted the vendor.xml file(s)?

wu-wei likes this.
    06-21-12 07:05 AM
    I have been researching the possibility of performing OS updates (not changing the radio/sfi file, just java cods) using a set of jad files from the SD card. I have discovered that OTA OS upgrades are controlled by OTASL, and even BES administrators have no access to the packages that are available to users via the OTA OS upgrade process. It is purely a carrier decision.

I believe the folks at OSBB have experience with the process I'm looking at, and have previously used FishLoader to replace a whole lot of cod files - basically installing a new hybrid build but leaving the core sfi file in place. That is all we are doing lately anyway, given the lack of new OSes for OS6 devices.
    You continuously amaze me, I never thought that you are in BB hacking other than cooking hybrids!

In WinMo & Android, a combination of button press interrupts boot process to the flash ROM & comes up with a hardwired menu that triggers boot from SD. It's a documented procedure leaked from OEM's to rebrand the ROM's.

Good luck with the endeavor, you sure will make us all happy if you succeed.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-21-12 10:53 AM
    One thing i've noticed with .723 is that the browser "hangs" when you attempt to open it, sometimes for upwards of 10 seconds, just replaced the browser cods with some .668 cods, i'll reply if this made any diffference at all.

This hanging may only be for the 9300.

Edit: the .668 cods made no difference, didn't make it hang any more or less. Figured it was worth a try. Not entirely sure why for the hang, only that it isn't anything to do with the hybrid.
    We have similar BB model & .723 base OS, but I don't have the problems you are experiencing.

Probably some apps incompatibility?
    06-21-12 11:31 AM
    You continuously amaze me, I never thought that you are in BB hacking other than cooking hybrids!

In WinMo & Android, a combination of button press interrupts boot process to the flash ROM & comes up with a hardwired menu that triggers boot from SD. It's a documented procedure leaked from OEM's to rebrand the ROM's.

Good luck with the endeavor, you sure will make us all happy if you succeed.
    Thank you for the kind words!

I'm fairly certain (like, pretty positive) that our BlackBerry platform does not have a similar alternate boot option. But it is helpful to know that other platforms do offer that possibility.

I do all kinds of stuff: theme development, hybrid building, general geeking out.

I was considering dropping back to 615, but I decided against it because I love the 3G performance I've seen with the 700 series of OSes. And today SocialScope is acting up (probably a server-side issue, but not sure) so I am now tempted to test out the SD install process I've been thinking about.

Today is kinda busy though, so it may not materialize.
    06-21-12 11:55 AM
    I'm fairly certain (like, pretty positive) that our BlackBerry platform does not have a similar alternate boot option. But it is helpful to know that other platforms do offer that possibility.

I do all kinds of stuff: theme development, hybrid building, general geeking out.
    WinMo happens to have a worldwide community of hackers including breakout geeks from Microsoft & HTC, hence the leaks & eventually the hacks. Most BB users are professionals or plain users which probably explains why the limited hacks. We need a lot of BB geeks like you to have a breakthrough (at least to upgrade OS via media card or without notebook/pc).

Keep it up but don't crash & burn. Hope BB users who enjoy your hybrid builds can return the favor to you in some way!

Some odd things I noticed with Adrenaline (not glow) after 4 days, but I'll give it another day to confirm findings. Odd doesn't mean problems. Still planning to downgrade to .668 OS base or checkout "Glow" build over the weekend.
    06-21-12 12:52 PM
    Alright, my curiosity is getting the better of me. I just whipped up a new installation to bring my current device files in line with a (slightly modified) Adrenaline Glow over 723 base...and I am about to test what happens with my idea for an SD install process.

(Fingers crossed)
    06-21-12 02:17 PM
    Well, that test went quickly.

I got a new error for me..."Download Failed" but the details are "910 Application authorization failure"

Guess I need some more magic powers to get those updated via JAD....and I'm pretty sure it lies within OTASL. Sigh.

I think I might try using FishLoader...though that has always felt like a means of achieving cod injection directly on device and not via desktop utility. And I have not had good experiences with cod injections.
    06-21-12 02:24 PM
    Nice. Now I have a fresh official 7.1 OS to work with too. (523)

Expect a new build coming soon: Aethereal and Aethereal Glow
    radi33idar, Slayohslay and tang63 like this.
    06-21-12 02:32 PM

I'll do a full stress test on Adrenaline glow, as well as test network locking vs stock os, and other features (eg. Battery life) and post again in a day or two, looking forward to the new builds.

06-21-12 04:02 PM
    Wish I could be of help to you guys but, I'm past my prime!
    06-21-12 08:59 PM
    Alright, my curiosity is getting the better of me. I just whipped up a new installation to bring my current device files in line with a (slightly modified) Adrenaline Glow over 723 base...and I am about to test what happens with my idea for an SD install process.

(Fingers crossed)
    I hope blame is not on me for bringing up the SD issue, should be on lordnorms for not having his lappy by his side.
    06-21-12 09:06 PM

I hope blame is not on me for bringing up the SD issue, should be on lordnorms for not having his lappy by his side.

*itchy itchy*

06-21-12 09:10 PM
    Looking forward to the new build!
    *drools*

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    06-21-12 11:34 PM
    Yep, I blame it all on YOU!!!!

Kidding of course....new build is in testing as I type.
    06-22-12 01:48 AM
158 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD