I'm also facing slightly higher discharge rates of 1.5% to 3%. First day it hit a record high of 5%. lol. giving adrenaline another week. I only will have access to my laptop this weekend if I want to change OS.

I'm trying not to switch back to 2G. the only reason why I'm on 3G is cuz of these hybrid OS that wu wei made that keep my battery life longer. I used to use 2G before I got these hybrid OS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    I have also seen higher ADR for battery, but for a while I was chalking it up to a 3rd party app I was using.

If things don't improve, I may (MAY) trim out many of the 6.0.0.707 files I used and go back to 6.0.0.723 throughout for a brief testing period.
    06-19-12 05:35 AM
    Just wanted to ask, if i'm currently running the lastest version of OS for 9700 and wanted to install this hybrid, do I need to wipe my device using BBSAK or can I just go through the process?

Sent from my Blackberry 9700 using Tapatalk 2
    06-19-12 05:35 AM
    Just wanted to ask, if i'm currently running the lastest version of OS for 9700 and wanted to install this hybrid, do I need to wipe my device using BBSAK or can I just go through the process?

No need to wipe with BBSAK prior to install. I rarely perform a device wipe and I've seen no issues, positive or negative, from just letting loader run through its own process.
    cessprin00 likes this.
    06-19-12 05:38 AM
    I'm also facing slightly higher discharge rates of 1.5% to 3%. First day it hit a record high of 5%. lol. giving adrenaline another week. I only will have access to my laptop this weekend if I want to change OS.

I'm trying not to switch back to 2G. the only reason why I'm on 3G is cuz of these hybrid OS that wu wei made that keep my battery life longer. I used to use 2G before I got these hybrid OS.

...and thank you for the kind words. I think a lot of folks on other devices have come to accept 5% as a really good ADR, while for me it is horrible. I aim for low 3% ADR as a maximum whenever possible. Happy to hear you're able to use 3G consistently thanks to my builds.
    06-19-12 05:42 AM
    No need to wipe with BBSAK prior to install. I rarely perform a device wipe and I've seen no issues, positive or negative, from just letting loader run through its own process.
    Thanks! Will try this one later.

06-19-12 05:44 AM
    ...and thank you for the kind words. I think a lot of folks on other devices have come to accept 5% as a really good ADR, while for me it is horrible. I aim for low 3% ADR as a maximum whenever possible. Happy to hear you're able to use 3G consistently thanks to my builds.
    If i use my device, i'm used to 20-30% discharge in an hour. downloading apps and such, but around 5%/hour is of no surprise to me, and less is amazing. i always have decent 3G coverage, and no alternative but to use 3G.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-19-12 06:48 AM
    I tried using the Asia version of the .723 OS. My take? No noticeable difference.

At that time I used wu-wei's Aardark build with base OS .723.

Then again, I hardly use, wait.. in fact I don't use wifi at all. Cuz i'll be always on my laptop at home if I ever wanted to use wifi. And I also dont have a camera, non cam BB9780. So yeah. Maybe thats why I haven't encountered your problems

06-19-12 07:13 AM

I see That's interesting to note where BB9780 and 9700 stands. I've been always hearing how good our battery life is compared to other phones. ^^

06-19-12 07:17 AM

If things don't improve, I may (MAY) trim out many of the 6.0.0.707 files I used and go back to 6.0.0.723 throughout for a brief testing period.

Thanks for the dedication in building these hybrid OS.

Sorry for posting so many posts, I can't seem to find the copy button on tapatalk, though I could easily highlight the text I wanted to copy.

wu-wei likes this.
    06-19-12 07:21 AM
    Thanks for the dedication in building these hybrid OS.

Sorry for posting so many posts, I can't seem to find the copy button on tapatalk, though I could easily highlight the text I wanted to copy.

hold the trackpad down, should bring up the square pop-up menu with a "copy" option. i had the same issue.

As for Wifi: i can't download anything unless i use it, so i use wifi whenever i want to download/update an application other than Facebook/Twitter/BBM
    Last edited by bmercer94; 06-19-12 at 08:01 AM.
    06-19-12 07:58 AM
    hold the trackpad down, should bring up the square pop-up menu with a "copy" option. i had the same issue.

Thanks for the tip!

06-19-12 08:19 AM
    After 2 days, Curve 9300 3G (O/S base .723) is starting to normalize well. Tiny Meter reports 2.7% ADR with normal use. That translates to 60% remaining battery juice after 24hrs! (Note: mobile network is set to 2G. I only switch to 3G or use WiFi when there is a need to download apps or link to web, video, audio sites)

Interesting to note that I'm getting EDGE more often than GPRS while set at 2G network in places where I normally would just get GPRS!

Will keep on testing & report results.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-19-12 11:39 AM
    After 2 days, Curve 9300 3G (O/S base .723) is starting to normalize well. Tiny Meter reports 2.7% ADR with normal use. That translates to 60% remaining battery juice after 24hrs! (Note: mobile network is set to 2G. I only switch to 3G or use WiFi when there is a need to download apps or link to web, video, audio sites)

Interesting to note that I'm getting EDGE more often than GPRS while set at 2G network in places where I normally would just get GPRS!

Will keep on testing & report results.

Great! How I wish my lappy is here with me

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-19-12 12:19 PM
    apologies if this is the wrong thread to post but I am having trouble running this hybrid. can someone either please contact me and give me a noobproof guide or even do remote assistance on my pc as I am absolutely clueless!

pin - 27C0BDFA
    email - gareththomaslennonatgmaildotcom
    06-19-12 12:42 PM
    apologies if this is the wrong thread to post but I am having trouble running this hybrid. can someone either please contact me and give me a noobproof guide or even do remote assistance on my pc as I am absolutely clueless!

pin - 27C0BDFA
    email - gareththomaslennonatgmaildotcom
    Added you on BBM and sent you an e-mail. you can PM me here or send me an e-mail if you need further help.
    06-19-12 01:56 PM
    It's been 3 days since i flashed this hybrid and so far I'am happy, as always with wu's hybrid releases. This release is so awesome. Normally I only get EDGE inside my room I rarely get 3G because of poor reception but after flashing this hybrid my 9780 is now locked to 3G. I tried flashing the previous release (Accacia) and my handset went back to EDGE. Flashed also a different Hybrid (Barracuda hybrid) and same only connected with EDGE. Flashed again Adrenaline and BOOM!! back to 3G.. I don't know if it has something to do with my carrier (Globe Telecom PH) but I'm loving what i have now. Thanks Wu for this release.
    wu-wei and cessprin00 like this.
    06-19-12 07:10 PM
    Great! How I wish my lappy is here with me
    Ha ha ha, you must be itching for the Adrenaline upgrade!

In hacked WinMo & Android devices we can install 'cooked' ROM's through the media card, hence with or without lappy upgrade can be done. Would be great if that's possible in BB devices, more so with the frequency Wu Wei is releasing hybrids!

Btw, after 3 days at 2.7% ADR of normal use I think Adrenaline is reporting a better battery life than the previous builds.
    Last edited by radi33idar; 06-20-12 at 11:40 AM.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-20-12 11:06 AM

In hacked WinMo & Android devices we can install 'cooked' ROM's through the media card, hence with or without lappy upgrade can be done. Would be great if that's possible in BB devices, more so with the frequency Wu Wei is releasing hybrids!

I'm far beyond itches man. Lol. It's been a while since any official or leaks drop for us. *sigh*

06-20-12 11:33 AM

Btw, after 3 days at 2.7% ADR of normal use I think Adrenaline is reporting a better battery life than the previous builds.
    I have been researching the possibility of performing OS updates (not changing the radio/sfi file, just java cods) using a set of jad files from the SD card. I have discovered that OTA OS upgrades are controlled by OTASL, and even BES administrators have no access to the packages that are available to users via the OTA OS upgrade process. It is purely a carrier decision.

I believe the folks at OSBB have experience with the process I'm looking at, and have previously used FishLoader to replace a whole lot of cod files - basically installing a new hybrid build but leaving the core sfi file in place. That is all we are doing lately anyway, given the lack of new OSes for OS6 devices.
    06-20-12 12:48 PM
    i don't think the .723 as the base works for me here in Malaysia. it can't reach the 3G, and don't even mention EDGE. i only get GPRS connection. i will try and back to .666, start all over again with this hybrid. everything else is great.
    06-20-12 01:09 PM
    One thing i've noticed with .723 is that the browser "hangs" when you attempt to open it, sometimes for upwards of 10 seconds, just replaced the browser cods with some .668 cods, i'll reply if this made any diffference at all.

This hanging may only be for the 9300.

Edit: the .668 cods made no difference, didn't make it hang any more or less. Figured it was worth a try. Not entirely sure why for the hang, only that it isn't anything to do with the hybrid.
    Last edited by bmercer94; 06-20-12 at 01:47 PM.
    06-20-12 01:22 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome hybrid. I'm still running a 9700 myself, and it's always nice to come back and check on your updates for this phone.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-20-12 01:49 PM
    does not work with .666 build. it will show error message after 10 minutes of boot up time. lol xD
    06-20-12 03:51 PM
    does not work with .666 build. it will show error message after 10 minutes of boot up time. lol xD
    I am almost certain this happens because I included so many 6.0.0.707 files. The recommendation for 723 as a base OS makes the 707 files a viable option. I have found that mixing files from the 700 series over a 600 series base will cause plenty of errors.

I can whip up a smaller version of Adrenaline that leaves the base OS files alone and just adds the 7.x files....that ought to work just fine on the 600 series base OSes.

I believe some folks might appreciate that type of build for other 700 series base OSes, too. lordnorms comes to mind.
    deathbearry likes this.
    06-20-12 05:04 PM
    And here we go...

Adrenaline Glow

This build should work over any 6.0.0.6xx or 6.0.0.7xx base OS.
    tang63 likes this.
    06-20-12 05:16 PM
158 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD