I also just noticed that the OS version is .707 despite using .723 files for 9780.

Is there something wrong here?
    Nope. Nothing wrong. The 707 files are actually of a newer build date, despite having a higher version number. They are also more efficient, in my experience.
    tang63 likes this.
    06-17-12 12:32 AM
    Wu Wei, just curious, do u still intend to play around with Xarles files?
    06-17-12 01:50 AM
    Wu Wei, just curious, do u still intend to play around with Xarles files?
    Probably not. I identified 9 files from Xarles (all 7.1.0.247) that I was going to drop into Adrenaline to see whether they affected network speed, but after running those mobile speed tests, I don't think it's necessary.
    06-17-12 02:13 AM
    Nope. Nothing wrong. The 707 files are actually of a newer build date, despite having a higher version number. They are also more efficient, in my experience.

Yep. As wu said, 707 does have a newer build, dropped for 9650. But in the sense of performance, I beg to differ. No offense wu and others, that's just my personal experience.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-17-12 03:38 AM
    Yep. As wu said, 707 does have a newer build, dropped for 9650. But in the sense of performance, I beg to differ. No offense wu and others, that's just my personal experience.

No offense taken.

I'm watching a few things more carefully and will continue doing so for the next few days. I was running one third party app that was skewing a few things for me. With that out of the way, I'll be able to get an even clearer picture of how well the 707 files run.
    06-17-12 03:54 AM
    Good for us then. Any reports for this build, people?

06-17-12 04:18 AM

Smooth install, fast bootup(once extras are shrunk out as you wish), excellent battery life, was unfortunately built with the "browser lag" I noticed in stock .707 and .723(for the 9300 anyway), but as I don't have actual data, I can't use browser anyway. Tapatalk just seems to work around my lack of a data plan.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-17-12 05:28 AM

Waiting for my battery life to stabilise, currently its still higher than the build I used previously, Abalone.

Hopefully its just the 'break in' period. *crosses fingers*

Will continue to report on the results.

Other than that, its the usual fast boot up, no hourglass of death, no more lag flipping through the menus. Something that I've become so used to ever since I started using B@stard builds. Has never disappointed me.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-17-12 05:42 AM
    but as I don't have actual data, I can't use browser anyway. Tapatalk just seems to work around my lack of a data plan.
    And how is that possible? That lack of data plan part. Care to tell?

Other than that, its the usual fast boot up, no hourglass of death, no more lag flipping through the menus. Something that I've become so used to ever since I started using B@stard builds. Has never disappointed me.

Same here. Wu and ench18 never failed to satisfy my needs. Lol.

ench18 and wu-wei like this.
    06-17-12 06:39 AM
    And how is that possible? That lack of data plan part. Care to tell?

That I'm not sure of, it seems TELUS left certain data connections available: for example I can browse using opera mini if I'm running os5, but not os6, without a data plan. I have a "social" plan, so bbm/facebook/etc. Is allowed, and Tapatalk must connect through the same method as one of my supported applications, so TELUS allowed it.

06-17-12 09:19 AM
    I have a "social" plan, so bbm/facebook/etc. Is allowed, and Tapatalk must connect through the same method as one of my supported applications, so TELUS allowed it.

So basically you have an active social plans and tapatalk somehow connected through this social plan. Am I getting this right?

06-17-12 10:45 AM
    Yep, no idea how, but it's working and I'm not connected to WiFi.

06-17-12 01:05 PM
    hi wu, this one have good performance in network, and yes..best battery life. the speed vary between 60 ~ 70 (with my provider) but stable at some point at ~60 (same with xarles). one but though, this one 'sometimes' have stalled connection. my test with ~90MB file could stop in the middle..and just stopped, also when browsing usual website.

oh and to bmercer94, when restoring settings, untick your service book. helps me with unable to browse using native browser. opera's fine though, like you said.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-17-12 10:05 PM
    oh and to bmercer94, when restoring settings, untick your service book. helps me with unable to browse using native browser. opera's fine though, like you said.

Actually, my service plan doesn't support web browsing at all. Opera, through the same connection as Tapatalk, I assume, bypasses the restriction on my data, allowing for free web browsing, only on os5 for opera though. There's one agent that gave me 100% free data before, trying to get in contact with him since being sent a new blackberry to see if he can do it again

06-17-12 11:04 PM

There are (usually) several data plans provided by the operator. Bmercer94 social plans only covers "social" things like bbm,fb,twitter and so on. AFAIK this kind of plan doesn't support native browsing.

06-18-12 12:17 AM
    Its been 2 days since I got Adrenaline. Battery life drains faster than Abalone. No noticeable difference other than battery life between both.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    06-18-12 02:59 AM
    wu wei,

on another note, do u happen to play around with any bluetooth files? I tether a lot and is there any build that can reduce the battery consumption or increase transfer speeds?

thank you!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    06-18-12 04:44 AM
    Wu, did you included the latest BBM on this build?
    06-18-12 07:11 AM
    Wu, did you included the latest BBM on this build?

Afaik, no. Its the old version.

06-18-12 07:47 AM
    Afaik, no. Its the old version.

Thx. Do you know how to extract it from the phone to replace it on the hybrid before installing? or is there any other way to install the build w/out installing the previous version on the hybrid.
    06-18-12 08:06 AM
    Thx. Do you know how to extract it from the phone to replace it on the hybrid before installing? or is there any other way to install the build w/out installing the previous version on the hybrid.

Well, to be honest, I already have my backups of all my apps in my mmc including bbm. So it save me big time if I have to reload another OS.

In your case, you can try google for bbm offline installer and save it in your mmc. After the fresh install of your os, you can just install your bbm. Although you can directly swap the bbm cods from your java files prior to OS load,the ALX files may be calling the wrong cods (because of different version). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

or,
    You can just update the bbm after the os installation. Simple

caquito07 and wu-wei like this.
    06-18-12 08:24 AM
    For some reason when I open the AppLoader it is not loading the OS, I tried uninstalling and re-installing .723 not even replacing the files, but still not picking it up.

Any suggestions?
    06-18-12 08:24 AM
    For some reason when I open the AppLoader it is not loading the OS, I tried uninstalling and re-installing .723 not even replacing the files, but still not picking it up.

Any suggestions?

Have u delete the vendor.xml files?

caquito07 likes this.
    06-18-12 08:26 AM
    Have u delete the vendor.xml files?

My bad, completely forgot!

Thx
    06-18-12 08:32 AM
    My bad, completely forgot!

Thx

No big deal. I also tend to forget sometimes.

06-18-12 08:37 AM
158 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD