Currently went back to Xarles to test speeds,

Got 113 points for geekaphone speed test. Click here for details.

And 341.88kbps for mobile speed test. According to the chart, its lower than the 3G of 400kbps.

3G just isnt that good here at all, Singapore.

Update: I also noticed Xarles drained my battery at much a faster rate than the previous Abalone, Aadark, basically the past few A builds. Even though it has just been 1 day, the rate at which the battery is drained is still much higher than the first day of the other builds. Might jump to Adrenaline soon if this keeps up. As I don't notice much improvement in the 3G speeds either. lol.
    Last edited by tang63; 06-16-12 at 02:01 AM.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-15-12 09:33 PM
    I was able to try the install on a real PC and it flew by without a hitch. I have only played with it for a little bit and it seems snappier than I remember the 9800. It is my old 9800, but my son has had it for the past year.

I have updated some of the social App's through AppWorld to the latest versions. Will this affect the hybrid other than it being a newer version of the app?

I would also like to thank you for the time and effort you put into making these hybrids. They bring new life to older phones.
    Updating ur 3rd party apps, will not affect the hybrid.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-16-12 01:16 AM
    A link would be nice

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Mobile Speed Test
    06-16-12 02:30 AM
    I really love to try loadin this , unlucky me, off from lappy for maybe 1 or 2 weeks. Dang.
    Dang it! Well, I am digging Adrenaline right now...though I've been looking at mashing a few Xarles files into it too. But too many OS installs in one day is a symptom of a larger problem/addiction, right?
    06-16-12 02:32 AM
    I was able to try the install on a real PC and it flew by without a hitch. I have only played with it for a little bit and it seems snappier than I remember the 9800. It is my old 9800, but my son has had it for the past year.

I have updated some of the social App's through AppWorld to the latest versions. Will this affect the hybrid other than it being a newer version of the app?

I would also like to thank you for the time and effort you put into making these hybrids. They bring new life to older phones.
    As tang63 commented, updating 3rd party apps, including social apps, will not affect the hybrid build. What I change are core OS files. Glad to hear all is well for you thus far.

Cheers, and thanks for your patience!
    06-16-12 02:35 AM
    Currently went back to Xarles to test speeds,

Got 113 points for geekaphone speed test. Click here for details.

And 341.88kbps for mobile speed test. According to the chart, its lower than the 3G of 400kbps.

3G just isnt that good here at all, Singapore.

Update: I also noticed Xarles drained my battery at much a faster rate than the previous Abalone, Aadark, basically the past few A builds. Even though it has just been 1 day, the rate at which the battery is drained is still much higher than the first day of the other builds. Might jump to Adrenaline soon if this keeps up. As I don't notice much improvement in the 3G speeds either. lol.
    Good to know, as I was considering slamming a few Xarles files into Adrenaline. If you're seeing similar 3G speeds reported, then I won't bother.
    06-16-12 02:39 AM
    Good to know, as I was considering slamming a few Xarles files into Adrenaline. If you're seeing similar 3G speeds reported, then I won't bother.
    I see.

I'll keep u updated!
    06-16-12 02:47 AM
    Just did a speed test using geekaphone with Adrenaline.

Here it is.

Much lower latency. Then again, these results may differ depending on the carrier network at that time.

There was a drop in download speed from 0.91mbps to 0.74mbps. But I'll probably still stick with Adrenaline, Xarles drains way way too much battery, its like going back to the days where I used the official OS.

EDIT as of 160612: I just did another speed test, using mobile speed test. And I got speeds higher than Xarles (341.88kbps), Adrenaline gave me 357kbps. Note that kbps here is kiloBITS per second, for those who are unsure of the terms.

After playing around with the conversion tables, I have reason to believe that the geekaphone speed results are ridiculous. 0.91megaBITS per second if converted would give me 910 kbps! Again for those who wish to play with conversion tables, the link is here

Thus, Wu wei, I whether Xarles files really have that 'turbo' or speeds up the 3G speeds, leaves a mystery. Maybe its just the carrier network here in Singapore that is not that good. My bars often vary from 2 to 4. sometimes even 1 or drop to GPRS.

Just a little off topic but, who knew BIS would be still slow, afterall theres not many people hogging the 3G BIS networks I should be experiencing extraordinary speeds since nearly everyone uses iPhone or android these days. :P
    Last edited by tang63; 06-16-12 at 10:39 AM.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-16-12 03:17 AM
    Dang it! Well, I am digging Adrenaline right now...though I've been looking at mashing a few Xarles files into it too. But too many OS installs in one day is a symptom of a larger problem/addiction, right?

U know, I don't really care about the frequency of loading new OSes anymore. Sometimes 5-6 times a day. Call me an addict, I don't care. But this is euphoric baby. Heaven. Lol

tang63 and wu-wei like this.
    06-16-12 04:12 AM
    U know, I don't really care about the frequency of loading new OSes anymore. Sometimes 5-6 times a day. Call me an addict, I don't care. But this is euphoric baby. Heaven. Lol

hahaha! I love loading in new OSes too. It makes my BB feel like a new device.

The only tiring part is re-typing all those activation codes for the apps.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-16-12 05:11 AM

I know the feeling Typing in the serials are a pain in @ss. lol
    06-16-12 08:10 AM

It sure is. But most of the time I left them unregistered until I had to used the apps. Lol. Lazy me.

06-16-12 08:33 AM
    Having to retype the serials is probably the only negative thing about reloading your OS. Another difficult part is picking between the B@stard series and BerryLicious.

Back on topic: after however long it's been since I made my first post, my battery life has become incredible, even over BerryLicious VI, V, or FF. Used at medium-high usage for at least 16 hours I ended the day at 4:30am (GMT -330) with 35% battery remaining, which is amazing. Looking forward to your next release, and knowing that this OS is reliable, if the next happens somehow to be a flop.

As it stands for usage today, I've been using my phone for 6 hours and have dropped 10% battery, once again. Very pleased Wu, keep it up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bmercer94; 06-16-12 at 12:48 PM.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-16-12 12:10 PM
    Loaded it today seems to be working good so far, thanks for the hybrid
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-16-12 03:19 PM
    just to doublecheck since i've been relatively new to hybrid OSes..
    I've been watching out for your releases and installing them.. let say i got abalone on my Java folder and i want to install this..
    do i need to:
    copy the contents of my original Java folder or
    just extract this new one into the Java folder

don't know if my question is stupid but would really appreciate it!
    06-16-12 08:15 PM
    I've been watching out for your releases and installing them.. let say i got abalone on my Java folder and i want to install this..
    do i need to:

You can just extract this file to the same java folder, I'd make a copy of your current one, and then extract the new files to it. Not sure if this is right, but it's what I did and I'm running adrenaline successfully

06-16-12 09:04 PM
    Yes its correct. I use that method too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    06-16-12 10:11 PM
    let say i got abalone on my Java folder and i want to install this..
    do i need to:

I would prefer extract it into the original java folder as to prevent the mix up of the cods from various build. Although technically there is no problem with just extracting it onto previous java folder, there's something operating deep inside my brain saying "no it will not go well". Well, that's my brain's saying. Lol

wu-wei likes this.
    06-16-12 10:48 PM
    I also just noticed that the OS version is .707 despite using .723 files for 9780.

Is there something wrong here?
    06-16-12 11:22 PM
    I also just noticed that the OS version is .707 despite using .723 files for 9780.

Is there something wrong here?

That is the thing. Acacia is build with .707 cods. So if u just extract adrenaline into it, it just another .707 hybrid. But anyway, it is also great as you can post your finding with that mix.

tang63 likes this.
    06-16-12 11:33 PM
    Thanks for the clarification.
    06-16-12 11:41 PM
    Thanks for the clarification.

Glad to be a helping hand

06-16-12 11:50 PM
    do i need to:

My preferred method of installing any OS to my device is to always always always start with a base OS that is 100% stock java files, and then copy and replace the new hybrid files over it.

I've built a few that are pretty major "java swaps" - where almost every file is replaced with a different version. Acacia and Adrenaline were those types of builds. So not starting with 100% stock is not technically a requirement...but I still do it as good practice and so I know exactly what is being loaded to my device.
    06-17-12 12:17 AM

It sure is. But most of the time I left them unregistered until I had to used the apps. Lol. Lazy me.

Having to retype the serials is probably the only negative thing about reloading your OS. Another difficult part is picking between the B@stard series and BerryLicious.
    I've actually gotten to the point where I only have four apps that require a serial key. One I have memorized, everything else is copy and paste out of a note I keep in Memos.
    06-17-12 12:24 AM
    Back on topic: after however long it's been since I made my first post, my battery life has become incredible, even over BerryLicious VI, V, or FF. Used at medium-high usage for at least 16 hours I ended the day at 4:30am (GMT -330) with 35% battery remaining, which is amazing. Looking forward to your next release, and knowing that this OS is reliable, if the next happens somehow to be a flop.

As it stands for usage today, I've been using my phone for 6 hours and have dropped 10% battery, once again. Very pleased Wu, keep it up.

Excellent - very glad to hear you're seeing positive results with my builds. I personally think Adrenaline is one of my best.
    tang63 likes this.
    06-17-12 12:25 AM
158 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD