B@stard Hybrid: Acacia (20120606)

Created by wu-wei

I am trying something a bit different with this build. Some folks might not like this approach.

This release is a deviation from earlier architectures. I still used some 7.1.0.437 files, but the majority of files are actually 6.0.0.707. I compared various aspects of my builds and the files I use, and decided to use the newest 6.x cods available for several components.

I still recommend the multi-language 6.0.0.723 base for 9700. I have been very happy with the performance of the 723 files, though I have also had excellent results running my builds over 6.0.0.668.

My hybrids go through testing on the Bold 9700 platform. I have received reports that my builds work well on 9300, 9650, 9780 and 9800 devices, too.

Recommended base OS versions:

9300: 6.0.0.668
    9650: 6.0.0.707
    9700: 6.0.0.723
    9780: 6.0.0.723
    9800: 6.0.0.723

I will note that several users have reported a "break-in" period with any hybrid. That is, the first day or so has poor battery life, but then things stabilize and we start sipping at the battery again. Battery life is critically important to me, so I am always mindful of those issues (and reluctant to leave my beloved 9700 for some shiny new OS7 device). I have not experienced this phenomenon myself, but I did want to mention that it is possible.

I have not personally tested this hybrid on any other devices, or on any other OS versions as a base install; however it should work on other devices without issue.

I will not be providing any support for this hybrid. I have not encountered any bugs with this build, but I have not run it through extensive testing either.

To install this hybrid, extract the contents of this zip file into the Java folder of the base OS you choose to use. On my system, these files were extracted into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.723_P6.6.0.248\Java.

When you extract the cod files into the folder listed above, you should be prompted to confirm that you want to replace existing files. If you are not prompted, then you are probably trying to extract to the wrong directory and the hybrid files will not be installed on your device.

If you do not know exactly what you're doing, then you should choose one of the following options:

1. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS HYBRID.
    2. Read my guide on the CrackBerry forums, available here: Hybrid OS Installation Guide
    3. Read any How To posts by elite1 in practically any hybrid or leaked OS thread on CrackBerry.com
    4. Search the CrackBerry forums and read as much as you can find about how the BlackBerry OS loader process works.

Again, I will not provide any support for the installation or operation of this hybrid. It is intended for experienced users.

This package does NOT include any third party applications at all. I build hybrid OSes. I do not promote any apps or force users to choose whether they want to install apps they may or may not want. If you are looking for a particular third party app, I probably have an opinion about it and may be able to tell you where to find it (I'm talking free or paid versions, NOT WAREZ).

Many thanks to ench18 for testing, feedback, friendship, and the occasional (ok, frequent) bullsh!t session.

Download Acacia
    06-08-12 11:30 PM
    I'm sure the weekend warriors will appreciate something to occupy their time while installing this one and putting it through the paces.

I did use earlier wifi files, so I am confident those issues should resolve. I also kept the resource file from 6.x to address the 3G bullet appearance.

I've been running this build for several days and I've been happy with its performance.
    diego2serna2 likes this.
    06-08-12 11:33 PM
    Wow. A gum now. Nice wu. Definitely gonna try this afterwards. At least something to play with on this weekend.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-09-12 12:26 AM
    Wow. A gum now. Nice wu. Definitely gonna try this afterwards. At least something to play with on this weekend.

I'm a bit of a word geek. And since Pierre, I've named my builds alphabetically. This one is different, but (I think) in a very good way. Do let me know how it behaves for you.
    06-09-12 01:12 AM
    Is there any significant increase in battery life for this new build compared to Abalone? Aside from the fix on the wifi battery life issue (I hardly use wifi, doesn't really affect me).
    06-09-12 02:02 AM
    I'm gonna try it as usually, thx for the new build wu
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-09-12 09:00 AM
    perfect as always
    great job

THK
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-09-12 12:47 PM
    Is there any significant increase in battery life for this new build compared to Abalone? Aside from the fix on the wifi battery life issue (I hardly use wifi, doesn't really affect me).
    Probably won't see a significant increase in battery life between any of my builds. Improvements, if any, are usually minor and incremental.
    06-09-12 12:57 PM
    I'm running Acacia, on a curve 9300 base .668, so far amazing, probably one of the best B@stard builds I've ever used. kudos
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-09-12 04:04 PM
    So far so good. Nothing much to report. Happy as always.

wu-wei and ench18 like this.
    06-10-12 06:35 AM
    So far so good. Nothing much to report. Happy as always.

Did you try using those other files I sent you too?
    06-10-12 11:36 AM
    got hybrid 9810?
    06-10-12 11:55 AM
    got hybrid 9810?
    Nope, sorry. I don't have any OS7 devices for testing.
    06-10-12 12:00 PM
    anyway Acacia can suport in my device ???? my device torch 9800 / 6.0 bundle 2647
    v6.0.0.600, platform 6.6.0.223
    06-10-12 03:04 PM
    Working Fine on my 9780... Gracias Wu-Wei
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-10-12 11:54 PM
    anyway Acacia can suport in my device ???? my device torch 9800 / 6.0 bundle 2647
    v6.0.0.600, platform 6.6.0.223
    Should work just fine. I will test it on an earlier base to make sure, but there ought to be no problems.
    egambobro likes this.
    06-11-12 12:02 AM
    wow. another release. i will try to flash this one once i'm home.
    06-11-12 01:17 AM
    So far everthing to work fine except that I can't clear my log (alt + lglg). The shortcut works on previous build tho...anyone facing similar problem?
    06-11-12 05:10 AM
    So far everthing to work fine except that I can't clear my log (alt + lglg). The shortcut works on previous build tho...anyone facing similar problem?
    Did u shrunk it? Maybe u have ticked the event log viewer out.
    backpass and wu-wei like this.
    06-11-12 08:00 AM
    Did you try using those other files I sent you too?
    Yep. Together with the bis one. I noticed that it can call any bis lib/module/cods found in java. So basically, i stick with the stock 6.11 one.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-11-12 08:06 AM
    Did u shrunk it? Maybe u have ticked the event log viewer out.
    Yea i've shrunked the os b4 installing...mebbe I've accidentally left that out...thanx
    06-11-12 08:13 AM
    Personally, i prefer the Aadvark build. It seems like these 707 cods don't really fits my expectations. After 3 days continuous use, my battery discharge rate is sssssslllliigghtly above the previous build. But as usual, it depends upon individuals use.
    tang63 likes this.
    06-11-12 08:14 AM
    Yea i've shrunked the os b4 installing...mebbe I've accidentally left that out...thanx
    Been there, done that.
    06-11-12 08:15 AM
    Yep. Together with the bis one. I noticed that it can call any bis lib/module/cods found in java. So basically, i stick with the stock 6.11 one.
    Very true - the bis alx I mentioned will work for any version. It might be listed as a different version number in App Management, but the correct version will be listed on the Modules page.
    lordnorms likes this.
    06-11-12 10:15 AM
    Is the wifi-battery issue will be solved on future builds ?

+

Is this hybrid better that the last one?
    06-11-12 01:07 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD