06-15-12 10:08 AM
111 ... 2345
tools
    This is my first time using a hybrid. I followed the instructions posted and installed all fine, but im getting 130mb of memory usage from the system software, when i notice a lot of other people getting below 100mb? Have I missed something that has caused the much larger size? Also I dont know if its because the phone is still indexing but none of my images (wallpapers, camera pictures) have icons and only show when i select them.
    Make sure you're checking the right places. System Software usage will vary (a lot) on the Memory panel, but will remain stable on the Application Storage panel. The App Storage value is dependent on the extent you ran a shrink against the java folder. Memory will probably vary between 130 and 200 MB.
    06-03-12 05:26 AM
    Try injecting net_rim_bb_applicationdelivery cod from OS .723. I hope it will solve the problem...
    That didn't fix it, but net_rim_bb_resource did. Thank you for the feedback - it was very very helpful.
    06-03-12 05:27 AM
    Make sure you're checking the right places. System Software usage will vary (a lot) on the Memory panel, but will remain stable on the Application Storage panel. The App Storage value is dependent on the extent you ran a shrink against the java folder. Memory will probably vary between 130 and 200 MB.
    Ye im checking it on the app storage panel. How do I run a shrink?
    06-03-12 05:42 AM
    Look in this forum for threads on BBH Tool or BB Boss - those are the two most popular shrink tools.

Basically shrinking is a way to remove unneeded files from the OS installation folder, so there is less installed on the device and more free memory for OS (and app) operation.
    06-03-12 11:47 AM
    That didn't fix it, but net_rim_bb_resource did. Thank you for the feedback - it was very very helpful.
    Wu, the original java folder has net_rim_bb_resource but also net_rim_bb_resource for every language on the OS, shall I replace them all or only net_rim_bb_resource?
    06-04-12 06:59 AM
    I only replaced the resource file, and not the language localizations.
    caquito07 likes this.
    06-04-12 09:27 AM
    Reguarding battery issues, I think I've pinpointed the cause! When I don't turn my wifi on the battery usage is normal but when I use wifi then turn it off when I go to work and play music via earbuds the phone jumps to over 300 percent usage shuts of at 40 percent if I pull the battery and put it back in the battery is at about 6 percent! Oh and when I'm not using wifi at all but all same other practices all is normal so it might be somthing to do with wifi programing. Hope this helps!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-05-12 06:58 PM
    Reguarding battery issues, I think I've pinpointed the cause! When I don't turn my wifi on the battery usage is normal but when I use wifi then turn it off when I go to work and play music via earbuds the phone jumps to over 300 percent usage shuts of at 40 percent if I pull the battery and put it back in the battery is at about 6 percent! Oh and when I'm not using wifi at all but all same other practices all is normal so it might be somthing to do with wifi programing. Hope this helps!

Maybe this is my problem as well?!

I have tried almost every latest hybrid of wu-wei and all gave me this same problem
    Battery drops (!) dead all of the sudden when reaching 40% or so

I am using SmartWifi which turns the WIFI on and OFF per location of cells, perhaps I should just shut it down completely for a few days and see and then report back

I hope we finally get this problem over with, I am frustrated with phone shutting out in the middle of the day
    (although this specific hybrid is better with battery life than others)
    06-06-12 03:37 PM

I have tried almost every latest hybrid of wu-wei and all gave me this same problem

I am using SmartWifi which turns the WIFI on and OFF per location of cells, perhaps I should just shut it down completely for a few days and see and then report back

I hope we finally get this problem over with, I am frustrated with phone shutting out in the middle of the day

Fully charge your battery and leave wifi off, I can almost promise things will be normal!

06-06-12 03:57 PM
    I am looking into the WiFi files as a possible cause of battery drain. I am also testing a new build (Acacia) that uses a lot fewer 7.1 cods and more 6.0.0.707. Those files are actually the newest 6.x in terms of file dates, and may perform better.

Thanks guys for all the feedback. It is immensely helpful and helps improve my builds.
    06-06-12 04:02 PM
    06-06-12 04:52 PM
    Make sure you use the net_rim_bb_resource from os6 okay wu? just a suggestion so that the BB bullet will be normal as it does and your Hybrid will be PERFECT!
    06-07-12 02:59 AM
    Make sure you use the net_rim_bb_resource from os6 okay wu? just a suggestion so that the BB bullet will be normal as it does and your Hybrid will be PERFECT!
    Absolutely - that change will be persisting across all future builds.
    Slayohslay and caquito07 like this.
    06-07-12 03:12 AM

me too! >30% one night!
    06-07-12 07:29 PM
    For torch 9800 users ,,, can I get some feedback from this build or [email protected] in general?
    06-08-12 03:11 AM

Do all the recent [email protected] hybrids give you this battery problem? i've noticed all your posts and it really makes me think. It may be your BlackBerry that has a problem bud. Have you ever consider that option of having it checked? Just to add - i've been using wifi for how many days now and i have no battery drain or what so ever. just my two cents.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold using CrackBerry App
    06-08-12 08:15 AM
    For torch 9800 users ,,, can I get some feedback from this build or [email protected] in general?
    Try this one out first = ZigZag
    06-08-12 08:25 AM
    @ undertrip = You can find mostly all the links to all [email protected] Hybrids on my main man's signiture Wu-wei
    Last edited by ench18; 06-08-12 at 08:36 AM.
    06-08-12 08:28 AM
    Do all the recent [email protected] hybrids give you this battery problem? i've noticed all your posts and it really makes me think. It may be your BlackBerry that has a problem bud. Have you ever consider that option of having it checked? Just to add - i've been using wifi for how many days now and i have no battery drain or what so ever. just my two cents. Click to view quoted image

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold using CrackBerry App
    Regardless of whether it is a hardware issue or something with my builds, the new version I am testing now revamps the fileset used for WiFi. I have not seen similar battery issues with my device and I use WiFi pretty consistently. The new build is performing quite well - even with my usual WiFi use.
    06-08-12 09:16 AM
    Try this one out first = ZigZag
    Why ,,, cause its the best one?
    06-08-12 09:16 AM
    @ undertrip = You can find mostly all the links to all [email protected] Hybrids on my main man's signiture Wu-wei
    I actually cleaned up my signature and I only list my most recent build there now. I used to have the previous five or so, but it looked too cluttered. Pretty sure a search for [email protected] will turn them all up. Or a search for threads I have started.
    06-08-12 09:18 AM
    My wife's phone is having issues charging, some times it does some other it does not, right now is running ZigZag. Today I'll load Abalone.

Does any of you have experienced anything like this? (it's a brand new battery)
    Last edited by caquito07; 06-08-12 at 11:47 AM.
    06-08-12 11:42 AM
    My wife's phone is having issues charging, some times it does some other it does not, right now is running ZigZag. Today I'll load Abalone.

Does any of you have experienced anything like this? (it's a brand new battery)

Nope but it sounds like the cord

06-08-12 12:39 PM
    Nope but it sounds like the cord

the charger?
    06-08-12 01:13 PM
    Yes blackberry's are picky a slight fault would do that

06-08-12 07:40 PM
111 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD