Why ,,, cause its the best one?
    it's was a suggestion to what B@stard build you should start on.
    06-08-12 08:08 PM
    Just posted a new build, Acacia. Make sure and read the post, as this one is a bit different than earlier builds.
    06-08-12 11:38 PM
    I can now say that the same battery issue (shut down at around 40%) happens with wifi turned off as well

ench18 - I though so too, but

1. it didnt happen to me before
    2. I replaced a brand new battery and problem persisits
    3. it happens to others as well
    06-10-12 10:42 AM
    I can now say that the same battery issue (shut down at around 40%) happens with wifi turned off as well

Try my new build. It uses different wifi files.
    06-10-12 11:34 AM
    I will even though I mentioned above that the same happens to me with WIFI off :-(
    06-10-12 11:51 AM
    My experience with battery discharges:
    -Seems that the device is more vulnerable to such once I reached about 55%
    -3 major app types seem to cause the issue: camera, GPS, media player
    -With camera I have seen: attempts to take picture but fails and sometimes makes the shutter noise, can cause phone to reboot, can cause immediate discharge to about 8%
    -Usually, battery pull will get it battery life back to where it was before crash/hang/discharge
    -Have seen GPS use or attempting to play media take a battery just below half to 8%. Battery pull or 2 minutes on charger gets it back
    -Have seen this problem on and off but on both this and previous B@stard hybrid. Many of the other builds I may not have run long enough to observe this behaviour.
    06-11-12 09:11 AM

I will even though I mentioned above that the same happens to me with WIFI off :-(
    My experience with battery discharges:
    -Seems that the device is more vulnerable to such once I reached about 55%
    -3 major app types seem to cause the issue: camera, GPS, media player
    -With camera I have seen: attempts to take picture but fails and sometimes makes the shutter noise, can cause phone to reboot, can cause immediate discharge to about 8%
    -Usually, battery pull will get it battery life back to where it was before crash/hang/discharge
    -Have seen GPS use or attempting to play media take a battery just below half to 8%. Battery pull or 2 minutes on charger gets it back
    -Have seen this problem on and off but on both this and previous B@stard hybrid. Many of the other builds I may not have run long enough to observe this behaviour.
    I know this is the least helpful thing to say, but I have not seen similar issues. I mention that only because it is difficult to get something like this sorted without being able to replicate it. I certainly recognize the frustration of dealing with this type of "performance" (or lack thereof) and I am trying to figure out what, if anything, ought to be changed in my builds.
    06-11-12 10:33 AM
    Hey,

first would like to say thanks wu-wei for this OS. Battery would last like 2 to 6 hours using the previous hybrid i tried (dont remember the name).

I got used to charging it all day long while at work, and while sleeping, (and driving) and only running off the actual battery while walking (even then, i have an external battery that can be plugged in)

This OS got my battery life to roughly 3 to 4 days before actually needing a charge (well, i used the version before this one, and now updated to the latest one). The phone has never been this efficient since I got it on release date. I was tempted to upgrade but now I can wait until the next generation of phones come out.

While struggling with battery life, i decide to remove all unnecessary apps/games. so i got used to a minimalistic BB with only things i feel i need.

-BB Traffic (just turned on for a second to see which route is safe, then turned off as i dont need directions..maybe there is a better way to do this, haven't figured it out yet)
    -Poynt
    -Google Maps
    -bebuzz (cant do without it anymore)
    -all messengers (dont have them all logged in, just use as needed, except for the ones that are always logged in)
    -weather eye
    -bb bridge
    -facebook (dont actually use, but keep it just incase)
    -twitter (dont actually use, but keep it just incase)
    -app world
    -youtube app (never realized it existed until installing b@stard OS)

no games, no stock ringtones/wallpapers, no fancy themes, no fancy fonts

The reason for this post was for the people having battery problems. Perhaps you have some app that has conflicts?

or maybe your installation method is not the most efficient.

HOW I INSTALL a new hybrid os:

-remove all existing OS on pc.
    -install the suggested OS (suggested by wu-wei in first post)
    -replace files with hybrid files
    -run bb boss to shrink EVERYTHING OUT except what i need, or think i need (i didnt remove the things that said may cause problems if removed)

-backup settings with bb desktop software
    -(tried today for the first time) backup apps with desktop software using switch device method (results seem good so far)
    notes: normally, i reinstall the select apps that i use through app world

-use bbsak to wipe device
    -double click loader.exe to start installing the OS
    --selected (while installing) just the things i need (however, today, i also selected the apps which were backed up, not sure if the backup caused them to show up in the list, or something else did so dont quote me on this step)
    -after os was installed, i used desktop software to restore settings (but i chose custom, sorted by entries, and only restored the things that i feel i absolutely needed, for example, i didn't feel the need to restore 3000 sms i would never ever read or the 500 purged messages)

os seems smooth so far, I have confidence in it only getting better after a few battery pulls. i do notice a bigger drain in battery at the moment (probably because I've been updating some apps through app world and restarting constantly and havent done a battery pull yet).

Notes: post is only to help dont attack me if it doesnt help you, lol.

As for problems of my own:

Probably not relating to this OS, while in a call, i would notice my signal deteriorate starts at 3g, then goes to gprs, then eventually drops. as soon as the call is dropped, i get full 3g again.

Anyone experience that? I was guessing its because Rogers sucks..lol. or a combination of my phone being old + rogers sucks.

the reason this is a problem for me is not the fact that the calls drop, its the fact that when it switches to gprs, i cannot use bb traffic as it says i have to turn on data. i do not want to end my call to get back data inorder to get the traffic. Again, if this is at the starting of the call, i am able to check quickly before the signal deteriorates. i found it awkward that it almost seems as if its a timed thing...

Maybe Acacia will fix that problem for me who knows.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-11-12 02:42 PM
    Installed it today works great so far no issues.
    wu-wei likes this.
    06-15-12 12:53 AM
    I know this is the least helpful thing to say, but I have not seen similar issues. I mention that only because it is difficult to get something like this sorted without being able to replicate it. I certainly recognize the frustration of dealing with this type of "performance" (or lack thereof) and I am trying to figure out what, if anything, ought to be changed in my builds.
    I kind of thought you might say that! I posted my issues since a couple others had mentioned it to give you something to work with.

I noticed the same issue yesterday on Acacia - I started watching a movie at about 36% battery remaining. In less than 4 minutes, I was down to 8%.

I'm off to go load Adrenaline now.
    06-15-12 08:46 AM
    I kind of thought you might say that! I posted my issues since a couple others had mentioned it to give you something to work with.

I noticed the same issue yesterday on Acacia - I started watching a movie at about 36% battery remaining. In less than 4 minutes, I was down to 8%.

I'm off to go load Adrenaline now.

I'm hoping Adrenaline sorts it for everyone, but based on what I'm reading....I just don't know.

It almost sounds like the same issue that was plaguing 9900 users early on, and for which RIM got awful press.
    06-15-12 10:08 AM
111 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD