Super Hybrid
    none problem

thx Wu
    wu-wei likes this.
    04-24-12 02:12 PM

BTW - do you shirnk the OS before appying ZigZag or after?
    i shrink in both ways. Meaning - I may shrink the BASE OS first or shrink the base OS together with the Hybrid. Doesn't really matter in my case.
    Try loading the whole OS again. It might help.
    by saying whole OS you mean without the hbyrid / shrink at all?
    You can shrink with the BASE OS (Any kind of OS you are comfortable with. It may be 668 or 723) first. OR shrink BASE OS with ZigZag all together.
    I posted my "bare minimum" OS file list on the first page. I have found that for OS6, that is 348 files. Any of the files that I replace as part of my hybrid builds will be REQUIRED for the OS to function properly. Shrinking before, during, or after the copy/paste process will make no difference with respect to the files I change. And if you shrink out any of the files I replace, chances are incredibly strong that you will have problems with the OS installing or the device running.

Shrinking is very much a personal preference, but quite frankly it has absolutely nothing to do with my hybrids - unless you like your phone to stop working.

And for everyone who has asked for my ALX files, I have to kindly and respectfully decline. Simply posting the builds I create (really just for me) tends to generate lots of questions, etc. I specifically state I will not provide any support in each and every build post. Even still, I am happy to assist folks with learning more about their devices, the OS installation process, and efficient operation.

What I have learned in 3 years of building hybrids is that this is incredibly easy, but takes a TON of time to learn and get comfortable with. Same thing goes for building themes for our beloved BlackBerry.

If you want to see what is going on "under the hood," open up your own ALX files with notepad. They are human-readable. You will begin to see what the loader app reads when it goes through the install process. In my experience, if there is a listing for a cod that is not actually in the Java folder, then that listing can be deleted from the ALX file. I shrink out ALL language files. So, I have combed through the ALX files and removed all mention of any other language file. Simple. You just have to be careful about tags, etc. If you understand how HTML works, then you understand ALX files. If not, STOP. My tweaks are based on theories and lots of experience....but they're ultimately just theories and personal preferences.

Sorry for the rambling post, but I wanted to address a few issues that have continually cropped up....more so lately.

Cheers, and enjoy the build.
    04-24-12 02:29 PM
    thank you for that message, i will try to run this now without shrinking, and I will update back on the battery issue - that hopefully will disappear ...
    04-24-12 03:12 PM
    I just completed the install (without any shrinking)

I have Application Storage:
    232MB used, 23.6 free
    Apps - 177MB (why so much?? i don't have that many apps)
    Other 55.1
    Free 23.6

Blackberry 6 - 129.2 MB
    04-24-12 04:05 PM
    the problem persists :-( (I instaled 723+zigzag without shrinking)

the battery shows about 60%, I tunrned on "waze" navigator and then the battery turned "red" and the handlehand shut down

I am going to try 723 again, this time 723+shrinking without the hybrid
    04-25-12 07:27 AM
    i'm having a bit of a problem running yvon with base os .723.. the handhend shutting down even battery still on 40% in tiny meter.. so, i tried zigzag with base os .723.. the battery still persist..

So, im following wu wei post in the 1st page.. he's personally using base os .668.. since i never tried that.. i tried using the base os .668.. and the battery problem solved. even that i still got 107mb left after installing whatsapp, twitter, yahoo messenger and other apps..

Even though i got 1 and a half day usage .. depends on my usage.. this hybrid rock..
    ive shrink this hybrid using bbhtool and bboss and manualy delete any other stuff i dont use.. so far no sign of problem. minimal memory leak.. around 5mb.. maximum i got 10mb.. minimal lag.. and fast browser even using edge..

THANKS WU WEI! keep up the good work, thumbs up!
    Last edited by moniza; 04-25-12 at 12:37 PM.
    wu-wei likes this.
    04-25-12 12:30 PM
    successfully installed these hybrid... so far so good.. thanks again sir
    04-26-12 12:42 AM
    I tested yesterday the 723 base without zigzag and the battery problem persisted!

so the 723 must be buggy (perhaps with my apps combinations)

I am going to try the 668 on its own now
    04-26-12 01:36 AM
    @ofird
    i came from OS 723 base default & yes i encountered that fast battery drain as i observed when im not using my 9800 & at standby mode every 30mins time, it drains around 5-10% on battery..

and now after updating to hybrid zigzag, i found some improvement & it consumes less now.
    04-26-12 06:12 AM
    The memory leak still persist .. As for now.. I got 34.6mb for memory leak.. Its been 22hours since last reset..
    04-26-12 10:29 AM
    I am trying out now 668 (without zigzag and without shrinking) - I will update

I have a question though - when i load a new OS without shrinking it - will it by default load all the OS files?
    I am asking since the upgrade process doesn't show the check box marked for all the apps I removed
    So I am worried, that maybe the new loaded OS doesn't install back all its files...
    04-26-12 11:18 AM
    Shrinked and reinstalled hybrid, my phone went from 32 mb to 63.1 mb free memory after boot.
    04-27-12 07:11 AM
    Can someone post the homescreen shot with only 3G network ? Wanted to know about the bb logo besides the 3G icon
    04-27-12 07:32 AM
    Can someone post the homescreen shot with only 3G network ? Wanted to know about the bb logo besides the 3G icon
    Here it is
    04-27-12 07:36 AM
    Here it is
    Thanks but wu , why is the bb logo and the 3G symbol is like 'attached' ? Normally its not like that is it because of the 7.1 cods ? How do i change it cause its kinda annoy me
    04-27-12 07:42 AM
    Can you tell me different this hybrid with official os?
    04-27-12 07:10 PM
    i have loaded this hybrid over .668 on to my 9800. seems to be same in speed as Yvon but better battery life. Only issue seems to be that ExtraKeys gets deactivated after a reboot although opening and closing the app once usually fixes it. Had the same problem with Yvon.

Wu-Wei: how are you cresting jad files on your sd card for on-demand installation. i have a few apps I'd like to archive that way.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-27-12 10:18 PM
    Thanks but wu , why is the bb logo and the 3G symbol is like 'attached' ? Normally its not like that is it because of the 7.1 cods ? How do i change it cause its kinda annoy me
    I'm stumped here - the BB bullets will display next to the 3G or UMA network connection whenever there is a BIS connection. It will not display on an EDGE connection. This is dictated by the connection state and has been part of OS6 ever since it was released.

Wireless coverage indicators - User Guide - BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone - 6.0
    04-28-12 02:44 AM
    Wu-Wei: how are you cresting jad files on your sd card for on-demand installation. i have a few apps I'd like to archive that way.
    There are several ways to do this, but here is the easiest.

1. Connect your device to PC with USB cable.
    2. Run your preferred system utility. Personally I used BBH Tool, but you can also use BBSAK or BBMCP.
    3. Connect to device, perform a system read so the utility has a full list of the installed cod files on the device.
    4. Select all the cods for the app you want to archive and save them to PC.
    5. Once you have all the cods on PC, use the same system utility to create a jad file. I'm pretty sure they all show you what information needs to be included for a jad file.
    6. Put the jad and cod files all into a folder (named appropriately, of course) and copy to your SD card.

Boom. Simple archive, always available.
    04-28-12 02:52 AM
    I'm stumped here - the BB bullets will display next to the 3G or UMA network connection whenever there is a BIS connection. It will not display on an EDGE connection. This is dictated by the connection state and has been part of OS6 ever since it was released.

Wireless coverage indicators - User Guide - BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone - 6.0
    I know that wu , but the bb symbol next to the 3G is too close or how do i explain that ? Too attached ! Usually its not like that , ( as for official or other hybrid that have not the same as bastards ) I like your build but the problem is that thing is kinda bug me abit tho

Its something like this , see the difference between caquito07 ss with this ,

The bb symbol is kinda far abit to the 3G icon next to the signal bars ..
    Last edited by Slayohslay; 04-28-12 at 05:14 AM.
    04-28-12 05:12 AM
    You might have a certain theme that your using that's causing the that.
    04-28-12 06:33 AM
    I know that wu , but the bb symbol next to the 3G is too close or how do i explain that ? Too attached ! Usually its not like that , ( as for official or other hybrid that have not the same as bastards ) I like your build but the problem is that thing is kinda bug me abit tho

Its something like this , see the difference between caquito07 ss with this ,

Click to view quoted image

The bb symbol is kinda far abit to the 3G icon next to the signal bars ..
    I understand now. But I don't know the reason for that. I can say that I place the bullets pretty close to the network text in my own themes (my preference for conserving space). I can also say that my hybrids use the ribbon_app cod from 461 to avoid the home screen preferences bug in custom themes. Could be any one of these factors.
    04-28-12 12:20 PM
    So how do I fix that wu ? Swapping the ribbon_app file to the another version ? Like higher than 461 ? Do you think that will fix this issue of mine ?
    04-28-12 01:08 PM
    So how do I fix that wu ? Swapping the ribbon_app file to the another version ? Like higher than 461 ? Do you think that will fix this issue of mine ?
    I honestly don't know whether that will fix it, but you can give it a try.
    04-28-12 02:13 PM
    Last edited by wu-wei; 04-28-12 at 10:04 PM.
    marksasongko likes this.
    04-28-12 10:02 PM
132 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD