i've installed this hybrid to two 9700. one is made in hungary 3 and the other is made in mexico 4.
    it's using 668 bases on mexico 4, and no issue (after fresh install, i mean).
    on hungary 3, there is a problem. the message notifier is not working. everything is seems ok, but no sound coming out.
    i've try with 600, 615, 650, 666, 668, but all make my phone silent.
    then i replace the 'net_rim_bb_profiles_alertengine_app.cod' to the original base os, then it works again.
    my question, why it's ok to use the newer alertengine on mexico 4, but failed on hungary 3 ?

thanks
    Hmm. It is very strange that the problems would arise on just one device and not all the others.

To be honest, that file (profiles_alertengine_app) was the only one I changed for the 706-base Pierre because I had the same problem (non-working alert tones) during testing. It should stay the same as the base OS in that build.

This is the first time I've heard of that issue on 20111102 or any other builds - I thought I had squashed that bug during testing.
    11-26-11 12:07 PM
    Hmm. It is very strange that the problems would arise on just one device and not all the others.

To be honest, that file (profiles_alertengine_app) was the only one I changed for the 706-base Pierre because I had the same problem (non-working alert tones) during testing. It should stay the same as the base OS in that build.

This is the first time I've heard of that issue on 20111102 or any other builds - I thought I had squashed that bug during testing.
    i've just update the hungary 3 to 706 based with pierre, the notifier is working well with alertengine 706.
    11-26-11 02:23 PM
    i've just update the hungary 3 to 706 based with pierre, the notifier is working well with alertengine 706.
    Excellent - glad things got sorted out. I'm not sure what changed with that file, but it was causing me trouble so I just left it as stock.
    11-26-11 02:36 PM
    Installed, is very fast and this doesn't have the browser problem, i like it

Update: Restart Me doesn't work, when I used it, this error appeared "Error starting restarme: Module 'net_rim_bb_fumoPokeLib' attempts to access a secure API.

It's not important but it's something.
    you mean it doesn't have that "closing page now" notification?
    06-13-12 12:34 AM
79 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD