OK so injecting with either BBSAK / BB Hybrids tool didn't work so well... took about half an hour with BBSAK, then the phone took 10 minutes to boot and was reallllyyy laggy. So, fresh wipe and install it was!
    11-06-11 09:14 AM
    The way you do battery pulls is enough. You'll be fine.

I don't think you'll have a problem with battery management on this build. It's pretty rock solid if you ask me. It really depends on how you use your phone.
    I hope so
    I use my phone for calling,sms, internet via wifi, chatting,music,...etc
    I know my battery depends on apps I installed n the way I use my phone!
    Tks man I'll update my battery tomorrow. I've have done a battery pull n my battery reduces 6%

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 10:12 AM
    This build has been confirmed to work on 9300 and 9800. Updating first post as well....
    11-06-11 11:39 AM
    there is net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod in this hybrid os ,how to use? thks
    11-06-11 09:10 PM
    there is net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod in this hybrid os ,how to use? thks
    I'm guessing you're wondering whether this will turn your device into a hotspot. No, it won't.

It's not a standalone app. It's part of the WiFi setup process for a new access point - when the new AP is added, you'll see the setup process running through a check of hotspot capabilities.
    11-06-11 10:21 PM
    So I installed this Hybrid Sunday morning (fresh wipe and install). Installed all my apps, have used all my apps, done several battery pulls, etc. It's running PERFECTLY. Battery drain last night while I was sleeping was 0.7% / hour. All apps work perfectly. Everything is smooth, wifi and GPS connect quickly. Everything is great!

Currently battery sitting at 95%, 3 hours off the charger, that's with some texting, reading a few e-mails, and listening to music in my car for about 1 hour. VERY HAPPY!!!
    11-07-11 09:00 AM
    @alex: I wish I have your bb:d (just fun),I don't know why,but I listen to music about 1 hour n my battery reduce 10% or more :-s

11-07-11 09:07 AM
    @alex: I wish I have your bb:d (just fun),I don't know why,but I listen to music about 1 hour n my battery reduce 10% or more :-s

Did you do a fresh wipe / install? Do you have apps that run in the background? 10% / hour listening to music is terrible

EDIT: I have Xobni and Weathereye running in the background, and I'm still getting great battery life, so I'm thinking something got fudged with your install... or else your battery is pooched
    Last edited by Alex338; 11-07-11 at 09:34 AM.
    11-07-11 09:13 AM
    Did you do a fresh wipe / install? Do you have apps that run in the background? 10% / hour listening to music is terrible

EDIT: I have Xobni and Weathereye running in the background, and I'm still getting great battery life, so I'm thinking something got fudged with your install... or else your battery is pooched
    i use BBSAK to wipe my bb, after my bb resets, i run apploader.exe
    I have Blink, berryweather, Alarm Clock n Meter Berry running in the background
    Is it right? If my battery is pooched, i'll buy new battery
    Last edited by henxui25; 11-07-11 at 10:29 PM.
    11-07-11 10:25 PM
    I'm guessing you're wondering whether this will turn your device into a hotspot. No, it won't.

It's not a standalone app. It's part of the WiFi setup process for a new access point - when the new AP is added, you'll see the setup process running through a check of hotspot capabilities.

thanks ,I see! great work!!
    11-08-11 06:46 PM
    New build being tested now. It includes about 180 files from 7.1.0.58, and tweaks to improve radio performance.
    Slayohslay likes this.
    11-09-11 11:51 AM
    New build being tested now. It includes about 180 files from 7.1.0.58, and tweaks to improve radio performance.
    Ahh , glad to hear that wu-wei . Im waiting for your latest build now . Really need a better radio perfomance here !
    11-09-11 12:42 PM
    hi wu wei
    can u mod your hybrid files to use bb when the battery is low ( <10%)?
    11-10-11 12:48 AM
    hi wu wei
    can u mod your hybrid files to use bb when the battery is low ( <10%)?
    I can't make any changes to the OS itself that will allow radio use when the battery is low. You might try ForceRadioOn - it's a freeware app available here:

ForceRadioOn on CrackBerry App Superstore
    henxui25 likes this.
    11-10-11 07:50 AM
    Um, scratch that suggestion. Sorry. Looks like that one only worked on OSes before OS5. Dang. I'll look for another solution.
    11-10-11 07:52 AM
    Wu-Wei... Where's the next build? Common don't keep us waiting too long!! Your hybrids are much more exciting that anything leaked straight from RIM
    11-11-11 01:55 PM
    Wu-Wei... Where's the next build? Common don't keep us waiting too long!! Your hybrids are much more exciting that anything leaked straight from RIM
    With the latest 7.0.0.503 cods ! Cant wait too !
    11-11-11 02:46 PM
    great build! works fantastically well with 9800 and 9300.
    ench18 likes this.
    11-14-11 10:52 PM
    extremely interesting. i will read up on this. My .668 was boring me with stability. Need to try something new.
    11-17-11 01:27 PM
    You should also check out my newest build...this one is solid, but the new build is as well.
    11-18-11 01:40 AM
    Sorry for asking such a beginner question, but is this hybrid also a shrunk OS?
    11-20-11 03:46 PM
    Sorry for asking such a beginner question, but is this hybrid also a shrunk OS?
    No worries...it is a valid question for sure.

First, there is a newer version named Pierre which I think is better than this one.

Second, all of my hybrids are based on a bare minimum fileset. To explain that a little, I will say that none of the files in my builds would/should be shrunken out.

I know other hybrids involve deleting the contents of a Java folder, or some do that for you via an installer.

Mine is intended to be copied over a fresh base OS Java folder - never any need to delete anything. You can shrink before copying, after copying, or not at all.

I hope that answers your concerns. I probably ought to put that type of explanation into my initial posts.
    ScreamingGerman likes this.
    11-20-11 03:57 PM
    Thanks very much for your reply, I appreciate the insight. I saw a lot of people had tested this version out and since this was my first time, I wanted to try something "safer". I'm going to update to pierre now. The reason I'm dabbling into hybrid OSs now is because of the OS6 memory leaks - I usually have to do a battery pull every day because I run out of memory.
    11-20-11 04:46 PM
    Thanks very much for your reply, I appreciate the insight. I saw a lot of people had tested this version out and since this was my first time, I wanted to try something "safer". I'm going to update to pierre now. The reason I'm dabbling into hybrid OSs now is because of the OS6 memory leaks - I usually have to do a battery pull every day because I run out of memory.
    Ouch, daily battery pulls? I hope you find those to be unnecessary with one of my builds. My current uptime is over 2 days, and I very often go a week or more between battery pulls.
    11-20-11 07:33 PM
    i've installed this hybrid to two 9700. one is made in hungary 3 and the other is made in mexico 4.
    it's using 668 bases on mexico 4, and no issue (after fresh install, i mean).
    on hungary 3, there is a problem. the message notifier is not working. everything is seems ok, but no sound coming out.
    i've try with 600, 615, 650, 666, 668, but all make my phone silent.
    then i replace the 'net_rim_bb_profiles_alertengine_app.cod' to the original base os, then it works again.
    my question, why it's ok to use the newer alertengine on mexico 4, but failed on hungary 3 ?

thanks
    11-26-11 11:18 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD