I agree. I just downloaded Poynt to check out the problem and I don't see anything wrong. Everything is working just flawless. Try loding everything again (including the new cods that wu just posted) and you'll be fine. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I didn't reload the entire OS. I used BBSAK to add the correct fumo poke COD. It automatically gets installed and removes the COD that doesn't work.
    phoreoneone and wu-wei like this.
    11-05-11 01:49 AM
    Are you sure you injected the fumo poke COD properly?

I am currently playing music and running Poynt. Both work fine.
    I didn't try to inject it in. i downloaded the updated ersion. maybe ill try injecting it thanks
    11-05-11 02:03 AM
    I STRONGLY recommend using Bell Mobility's official 6.0.0.615 as a base OS for this hybrid on the 9700
    Im using 9700, Could you please tell us why is it recommended for us to install on 6.0.0.615 ?

Cant we use 6.0.0.668?

thanks so much im a fan of your hybrids and installed it successfully, just wondering why cant we use the latest official OS.
    11-05-11 02:08 AM
    Im using 9700, Could you please tell us why is it recommended for us to install on 6.0.0.615 ?

Cant we use 6.0.0.668?

thanks so much im a fan of your hybrids and installed it successfully, just wondering why cant we use the latest official OS.
    you can use .668 or even .666.

the hybrid cods have probably worked best with .615 when the OP was testing it out, which is why its recommended.
    wu-wei likes this.
    11-05-11 02:25 AM
    If you've had good results with 666 or 668, then by all means give it a shot. Personally, I've tried all three and 615 remains the most stable and reliable performer of all of them.
    Last edited by wu-wei; 11-05-11 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    11-05-11 02:28 AM
    ok so a couple of problems off the bat.

I first installed it and almost all the apps had this error "Error starting poynt: Module 'net_rim_bb_fumoPokeLib' attempts to access a secure API".

So i later saw that you made an update with the new cod injected so i downloaded that one.

Now most of the apps work but poynt still has the same error popping up

and also when i tried to play my music, a sign pops up that displays "unable to play content"

i will try reinstalling the os again and i will come back and leave an update
    I checked and I have the same problem, i can't reproduce music, appears the dialog "unable to play content"
    11-05-11 06:57 AM
    Will be waiting here and wait for these minor probs to be settled by users and builder itself , then only i will install this on my 9780 !
    11-05-11 07:05 AM
    I checked and I have the same problem, i can't reproduce music, appears the dialog "unable to play content"
    Have installed this on my 9700 and music plays just fine.

The Hybrids is quick , smooth and most importantly stable.

Thanks Wu
    wu-wei likes this.
    11-05-11 07:12 AM
    Have installed this on my 9700 and music plays just fine.

The Hybrids is quick , smooth and most importantly stable.

Thanks Wu
    I installed the new net_rim_bb_fumoPokeLib.cod , reboot the phone and now the player works
    wu-wei likes this.
    11-05-11 01:14 PM
    Question... Could I take this 20111102, write it over my 615 java folder that's already shrunk and has 20111022 installed, and then apply the changes directly to my phone with BB Hybrids tool?
    11-05-11 04:29 PM
    Question... Could I take this 20111102, write it over my 615 java folder that's already shrunk and has 20111022 installed, and then apply the changes directly to my phone with BB Hybrids tool?
    Probably - let me check my notes and see whether there would be any conflicts.
    anon1937793 likes this.
    11-05-11 04:48 PM
    No conflicts, so it should work.

I'm wondering how BB Hybrids Tool works to install an update. Only because I've never used it. I always use loader.exe. I'm not sure if it is similar to a BBSAK or BBMCP injection of new cods. And honestly I think some of the cods that were updated might require a full OS installation.

Let me know how the process goes for you.
    11-05-11 05:14 PM
    So I took 20111102 and stuck it in my java folder, tried shrinking with BB Hybrids tool. It made no changes... so instead I just injected all the new COD's... Boot time initially was slow (like after a fresh install), now it's faster.

Question though... the whole process took only about 5 second to loads the new COD's. Seems fast. Then a white screen with hour glass for maybe another 30 seconds, then reboot. What files can I check to ensure it actually changed something and I'm not still running 20111022?

EDIT: Browser seems faster, so I think something has changed... good to know as this was an easy process and took about 2 minutes. Currently re running my stress test
    Last edited by Alex338; 11-05-11 at 06:13 PM.
    11-05-11 05:52 PM
    Alright... Currently 43 apps open in app switcher, and I'm listening to music. I'm just going to leave everything open for a while and see what happens.

Menu navigation is fluid... and switching between apps is relatively quick. And this is 10 minutes after injecting the COD's and after 1 reboot!

EDIT: Wei... I would still like to verify all the new COD's actually made it onto the device. How can I check this?
    Last edited by Alex338; 11-05-11 at 06:54 PM.
    11-05-11 06:28 PM
    The battery is not good (after 1 day i install this rom) :-s
    11-05-11 08:11 PM
    You have to wait at least 2 days.
    henxui25 likes this.
    11-05-11 09:05 PM
    Alright... Currently 43 apps open in app switcher, and I'm listening to music. I'm just going to leave everything open for a while and see what happens.

Menu navigation is fluid... and switching between apps is relatively quick. And this is 10 minutes after injecting the COD's and after 1 reboot!

EDIT: Wei... I would still like to verify all the new COD's actually made it onto the device. How can I check this?
    Options > Device > Application Management. Hit menu key, select Modules. Scroll a bit and you should see some that are 7.1.0.58.
    11-05-11 10:33 PM
    I recommend waiting a while to see a stable battery. I mentioned that in the original post.

I have been lucky enough to dodge that bullet though. My ADT overnight - just 6 hours after installation - was 0.8%. Highest I've seen is 9%, which is common when I'm on an hour+ long phone call using 3G.
    henxui25 likes this.
    11-05-11 10:36 PM
    I recommend waiting a while to see a stable battery. I mentioned that in the original post.

I have been lucky enough to dodge that bullet though. My ADT overnight - just 6 hours after installation - was 0.8%. Highest I've seen is 9%, which is common when I'm on an hour+ long phone call using 3G.
    i have to do battery pull? or not? i'll wait few days, tks man

i use meter berry to see how my battery change
    Last edited by henxui25; 11-05-11 at 11:19 PM.
    11-05-11 11:17 PM
    Options > Device > Application Management. Hit menu key, select Modules. Scroll a bit and you should see some that are 7.1.0.58.
    Here is an example.

wu-wei likes this.
    11-06-11 12:08 AM

Whenever I install a new OS, whether official, leaked or hybrid, I always do a couple battery pulls right after installation.

The battery tends to settle down after a couple days.
    henxui25 likes this.
    11-06-11 12:10 AM

It is always best to do battery pulls right after installing the OS. Then after installing your apps do another battery pull. Then leave it alone for 3 hours then do another one. But that's just me.
    henxui25 likes this.
    11-06-11 02:51 AM
    So it would appear that some of the new COD's made it onto the phone but not others... So I guess I made a hybrid out of your 2 hybrids

I'm trying again to inject with BBSAK instead of BB hybrids tool... We will see what happens.
    11-06-11 06:57 AM
    It is always best to do battery pulls right after installing the OS. Then after installing your apps do another battery pull. Then leave it alone for 3 hours then do another one. But that's just me.
    Whenever I install a new OS, whether official, leaked or hybrid, I always do a couple battery pulls right after installation.

The battery tends to settle down after a couple days.
    i do battery pull after installing the OS, do each battery pull after installing apps, restore my contact. N then for 5-6 hours, i do another, for 2-3 days, is it right?

I have a question: after 2 -3 days, if my battery is not good (drain so much), what do i do?
    11-06-11 08:05 AM
    i do battery pull after installing the OS, do each battery pull after installing apps, restore my contact. N then for 5-6 hours, i do another, for 2-3 days, is it right?

I have a question: after 2 -3 days, if my battery is not good (drain so much), what do i do?
    The way you do battery pulls is enough. You'll be fine.

I don't think you'll have a problem with battery management on this build. It's pretty rock solid if you ask me. It really depends on how you use your phone.
    11-06-11 08:15 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD