This is by far the best hybrid i ever used! Thanks to wu-wei my 9700 is back again and even faster one word just FAST.. i never experienced such fast boot up!

here's something new popped up. right after installing Email Setup Application 7.11.0619.1924.

an error popped up even before i reboot and after reboot:

Uncaught exception:
    java.lang.NullPointer Exception

any idea?
    08-19-11 04:20 PM
    This is by far the best hybrid i ever used! Thanks to wu-wei my 9700 is back again and even faster one word just FAST.. i never experienced such fast boot up!

here's something new popped up. right after installing Email Setup Application 7.11.0619.1924.

an error popped up even before i reboot and after reboot:

Uncaught exception:
    java.lang.NullPointer Exception

any idea?
    Let me know who your carrier is. (more of a curiosity than anything, as I will likely recommend you install the Email Setup App from 650 just to avoid any possible errors).

Also, if you could open up your Event Log (you can do this by typing ALT+LGLG at the homescreen), look for the null pointer error (it will be in bold face) and send it my way via PM...I might be able to help you out with getting it fixed.

Glad to hear the build loaded so well for you! I do my best to make good stuff.
    bad0or likes this.
    08-19-11 04:24 PM
    And I am finding it very ironic that I was so adamant about NOT providing support....

LOL at myself. I can be grumpy sometimes. I usually try to be helpful though.
    08-19-11 04:26 PM
    I uninstalled both DM's and reinstalled the DM5 and i searched for Vendor.xml but i didn't delete it to figure out whether the problem is from Vendor.xml or from something else.

I launched the loader and guess what, the OS didn't appear, so i deleted Vendor.xml and launched it again, VOILA!! its there and i installed it right now

Im using windows 7 64bit, so i found it here:
    C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

such a weird place to hide :S
    Yep, vendor.xml seems to be popping up in unusual places lately. Glad you figured it out!
    bad0or likes this.
    08-19-11 04:32 PM
    You keep making the best Hybrid's ! Keep up the good work !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bad0or and wu-wei like this.
    08-19-11 05:35 PM
    Let me know who your carrier is. (more of a curiosity than anything, as I will likely recommend you install the Email Setup App from 650 just to avoid any possible errors).

Also, if you could open up your Event Log (you can do this by typing ALT+LGLG at the homescreen), look for the null pointer error (it will be in bold face) and send it my way via PM...I might be able to help you out with getting it fixed.

Glad to hear the build loaded so well for you! I do my best to make good stuff.
    By my carrier you mean the handset or the company which i use for data plan?
    cuz my handset is T-Mobile unlocked.

I tried to open Event log but it didn't show up, it shows the universal search wth "\"\ typed and nothing happens.

Another question:
    in language switcher i use Quick Select without Prompt on Switch to switch between Arabic and English but its a bit crazy, cuz it goes like this:

[English]
    Arabic

*Switching*

Arabic
    [English]

*Switch again*

[Arabic]
    English

its the first time is see this happening, i have to switch twice to get it right which is annoying..
    08-19-11 07:59 PM

I tried to open Event log but it didn't show up, it shows the universal search wth "\"\ typed and nothing happens.

Another question:
    in language switcher i use Quick Select without Prompt on Switch to switch between Arabic and English but its a bit crazy, cuz it goes like this:

[English]
    Arabic

*Switching*

Arabic
    [English]

*Switch again*

[Arabic]
    English

its the first time is see this happening, i have to switch twice to get it right which is annoying..
    Hmm. My carrier is T-Mobile and I have no issues with the newer BIS version.

Other users have noted that there seems to be a problem using that newer BIS on an unlocked device. That seems very odd to me, but that's what I've been hearing.

So, like I said I would, I will recommend that you load the 650 version which should alleviate the errors.

As to language switcher issues...I will freely confess I am completely useless in that regard. I don't do any switching, and have never tested it. With any luck another builder (or another user with experience here) can offer us some guidance.
    bad0or likes this.
    08-19-11 08:14 PM

Another question:

[English]
    Arabic

*Switching*

Arabic
    [English]

*Switch again*

[Arabic]
    English

Try going to options and you will see Universal Search - change it to Application Shortcut. You'll be able to use Alt+LGLG.
    bad0or likes this.
    08-19-11 08:27 PM

Another question:

[English]
    Arabic

*Switching*

Arabic
    [English]

*Switch again*

[Arabic]
    English

to open the event log, just try this one: in the homescreen menu, choose options(it's in the bottom).. then change the universal search to application shortcuts in the "launch by typing" settings.. after that you can now type alt+lglg in the homescreen.. hope that helps..
    bad0or likes this.
    08-19-11 08:36 PM
    So, like I said I would, I will recommend that you load the 650 version which should alleviate the errors.
    I loaded the 650 version but the error still exists.

Try going to options and you will see Universal Search - change it to Application Shortcut. You'll be able to use Alt+LGLG.
    to open the event log, just try this one: in the homescreen menu, choose options(it's in the bottom).. then change the universal search to application shortcuts in the "launch by typing" settings.. after that you can now type alt+lglg in the homescreen.. hope that helps..
    Thanks guys but that didn't help either i will keep trying!
    08-19-11 08:42 PM
    whoa.. sorry, didn't notice your post..

it seems i found a friend from the same country like me.. Am i right?
    08-19-11 08:48 PM
    whoa.. sorry, didn't notice your post..

it seems i found a friend from the same country like me.. Am i right?
    Yes, Hope your having a great time here on Crackberry! Enjoy buddy!
    08-19-11 08:57 PM
    I loaded the 650 version but the error still exists.

Thanks guys but that didn't help either i will keep trying!
    just make sure you didn't shrink out the event log viewer before loading the os.. You can check if it is installed by searching for it in your modules in the application management.. If you see it, maybe you can use crunchsms or meterberry to open the event log..
    bad0or and ench18 like this.
    08-19-11 08:57 PM
    just make sure you didn't shrink out the event log viewer before loading the os.. You can check if it is installed by searching for it in your modules in the application management.. If you see it, maybe you can use crunchsms or meterberry to open the event log..
    I was about to say the same thing to the OP. Nice!
    lester78 likes this.
    08-19-11 08:59 PM
    Well, glad to say this hybrid works on the Curve 9300 as well, wu. Now you can include on the title "tested on 9700 and 9300", hehe. Just installed it and now testing on my girlfriend's Curve, using .600 base OS. No issues so far. I even took a shot and modified it including the .340 net_rim_bb_sbinjector_lib.cod file, and will be trying to update more files and post findings and/or failures. Thanks again wu!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SteelHelmet; 08-20-11 at 08:33 AM.
    08-19-11 09:15 PM
    1st update on this awesome build: As always, this build (like the rest of my good friend's builds ) finds a way to stabilize its self quickly! And i mean fast. Everything is steady, memory is solid (On my part). battery consumption = GREAT! Made 5 calls 20 mins each today. Made and received more than 28 emails on 3 email accounts. Early bird gets the worm! lol. Good work again brother! Another 10 star rating on this one!
    bad0or likes this.
    08-19-11 09:19 PM
    lol i may have shrink it out i shrink most of apps out of any OS im willing to install hehe

well i injected it back and i will PM the log for you
    08-19-11 09:21 PM
    lol i may have shrink it out i shrink most of apps out of any OS im willing to install hehe

well i injected it back and i will PM the log for you
    no, just pm wu-wei for the results.. He's the right person for that.. I'm not an expert in interpreting the errors in the event log..
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-19-11 10:02 PM
    great work if not for your builds i would have nought the 9900 by now but these builds will delay me awhile
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-19-11 10:58 PM
    1st update on this awesome build: As always, this build (like the rest of my good friend's builds ) finds a way to stabilize its self quickly! And i mean fast. Everything is steady, memory is solid (On my part). battery consumption = GREAT! Made 5 calls 20 mins each today. Made and received more than 28 emails on 3 email accounts. Early bird gets the worm! lol. Good work again brother! Another 10 star rating on this one!
    do u shrink your java folder? u make me feel amazing!
    08-19-11 11:39 PM
    do u shrink your java folder? u make me feel amazing!
    Yes i do. And i shrink a whole lot! lol
    08-19-11 11:42 PM
    Yes i do. And i shrink a whole lot! lol
    can u share the java folder after u shrink?
    08-20-11 12:11 AM
    can u share the java folder after u shrink?
    PM me your email please.
    08-20-11 12:29 AM
    Installed. Now I'm testing it.

@ench18

Can you send it to me to, if its okay with you? Hehe

Thank you.
    08-20-11 03:28 AM
    This Hybrid is fast, still hampered by the cpu. Battery performance is a little better, but not like 0730. But all is well.
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-20-11 07:41 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD