B@stard Hybrid 20110818

Created by wu-wei (theme developer ordinaire and former BDHP member/beta-tester)

OK, we're going to try something a little different this week. Yes, it has become a weekly event that I release a new hybrid build, thanks in large part to all the new leaks that have been coming our way.

Again, this is my latest privately-built hybrid.

I am releasing this at the request of several users here on CrackBerry.

This hybrid has been through minimal testing on the Bold 9700 platform.

I recommend using Bell Mobility's official 6.0.0.615 as a base OS for this hybrid on a 9700.

You can get the stock OS installer here.

Change Log:
    • (Almost) Full java swap from 6.0.0.650
    • Includes many files from the latest leaked OS - 7.0.0.340 - several of which were upgraded from older legacy versions

Please note, this is a larger file than my earlier builds. This is because I have included so many files in the swap from 650.

I have not tested this hybrid on any other devices, or on any other OS versions as a base install; however it should work on other devices without issue. I have read several reports of users successfully installing it on the 9780 using 6.0.0.600 with the leaked 6.0.0.650 swapped in first.

I will not be providing any support for this hybrid. I have not encountered any bugs with this build, but I have not run it through extensive testing either.

To install this hybrid, extract the contents of this zip file into the Java folder of the base OS you choose to use. On my system, these files were extracted into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700AllLang_v6.0.0.615_P6.6.0.223\Java.

When you extract the cod files into the folder listed above, you should be prompted to confirm that you want to replace existing files. If you are not prompted, then you are probably trying to extract to the wrong directory and the hybrid files will not be installed on your device.

If you are attempting to install this over any other hybrid, you should first restore the original Java folder for 6.0.0.615 on your PC. A few of the stock files are used in this build, and the proper functioning of this hybrid depends on using those stock files.

If you do not know exactly what you're doing, then you should choose one of the following options:

1. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS HYBRID.
    2. Read my guide on the CrackBerry forums, available here: Hybrid OS Installation Guide
    3. Read any How To posts by elite1 in practically any hybrid or leaked OS thread on CrackBerry.com
    4. Search the CrackBerry forums and read as much as you can find about how the BlackBerry OS loader process works.

Again, I will not provide any support for the installation or operation of this hybrid. It is intended for experienced users.

This package does NOT include any third party applications at all. I build hybrid OSes. I do not promote any apps or force users to choose whether they want to install apps they may or may not want. If you are looking for a particular third party app, I probably have an opinion about it and may be able to tell you where to find it (I'm talking free or paid versions, NOT WAREZ).

Download B@stard Hybrid 20110818

And this is how things are different this time around:

Because so many folks were having troubles with the Email Setup Application (aka BIS files), I have set them apart as a separate installation (mostly for the brave, foolhardy, or cautiously optimistic).

Personally, I have been running the newer version for over a month with zero issues.

If you want to test out the newer Email Setup Application, it is available OTA using this link:

Email Setup Application 7.11.0619.1924

If you want to run the Email Setup Application that is included in the 6.0.0.650 OS, then you can use this link:

Email Setup Application (from 6.0.0.650)

Keep in mind that if you try the new version and it does not function properly, you can install the 650 version and it should work with no issues at all.

So we have a "fallback" option now.
    ench18, bintaro_gw, bad0or and 8 others like this.
    08-19-11 05:13 AM
    Hmmm....
    And just yesterday I installed your previous release...
    ;-)
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-19-11 06:04 AM
    I have a question. Should I replace the whole java folder or just extract your hybrid to tha java folder? Thank you.
    08-19-11 06:07 AM
    Thank you, wu!!. Downloading now. Just curious...how many .340 cods were you able to use? As I posted before, replaced all of the .317 cods with .340 and got AppError 200 (Reset), so my guess, one or more cods are not compatible. So far I've been running B@stard 20010811 with 64 cods injected from .340 and no issues...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-19-11 06:34 AM
    I have a question. Should I replace the whole java folder or just extract your hybrid to tha java folder? Thank you.
    no, you shouldn't
    siele likes this.
    08-19-11 06:37 AM
    One prob with the previous hybrids , i use a custom 6 with a svg file for my shortcuts. On boot i get a null pointer error , no error if default os6 theme is in use.

Will d'load this now.
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-19-11 06:43 AM
    no, you shouldn't
    So, I'm just going to extract it in the java folder?
    08-19-11 07:34 AM
    So, I'm just going to extract it in the java folder?
    Correct, just extract these files into an existing java folder (don't delete anything first, unless you're a ninja shrinker like me )....but do yourself a favor and make a clean copy of the java folder BEFORE you extract files into it.

That way, in the event I'm a complete id10t and your phone gets messed up, you can replace the hybrid java folder with the original java folder, reinstall the standard OS, and begin cursing my name.
    siele likes this.
    08-19-11 08:57 AM
    Hmmm....
    And just yesterday I installed your previous release...
    ;-)
    Sorry man....I know there are many folks who run into that issue.

I do apologize.
    08-19-11 08:58 AM
    Thank you, wu!!. Downloading now. Just curious...how many .340 cods were you able to use? As I posted before, replaced all of the .317 cods with .340 and got AppError 200 (Reset), so my guess, one or more cods are not compatible. So far I've been running B@stard 20010811 with 64 cods injected from .340 and no issues...

This build uses 155 files from 7.0.0.340

This feels like a "Where's Waldo?" game about to get underway.

And yes, I'm punchy this morning. Only got about 2 hours of sleep.

Here's what I did. I replaced all of the 7.0.0.317 cods with 7.0.0.340 EXCEPT for net_rim_bb_sbinjector_lib; ...bis_lib; and ...networkapi. I left those three files at 7.0.0.317.
    08-19-11 09:02 AM
    One prob with the previous hybrids , i use a custom 6 with a svg file for my shortcuts. On boot i get a null pointer error , no error if default os6 theme is in use.

Will d'load this now.
    If you have a chance, check your event log (by typing ALT+LGLG at the homescreen) and let me know what the null pointer exception is. It will be in bold face, near the bottom of the list.

You can send it via PM if you like.

I'm also running my own custom6 and haven't seen any null pointer exceptions in a very long time.
    08-19-11 09:04 AM
    Wei you think this hybrid will function on the 9650 or is it purely for the 97xx series of devices?
    08-19-11 09:13 AM
    Wei you think this hybrid will function on the 9650 or is it purely for the 97xx series of devices?
    Hmmm...

Good question. I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't work on a 9650. But with that said, I know OSBB makes solid hybrids specifically for the 9650 so I would probably recommend one of their builds over this one.

If you're feeling adventurous, go ahead and give it a whirl. But I'm not sure whether there are any glitches as to running this between GSM and CDMA OSes. Based on how the 9930 files went in, I'm guessing there may be a few.
    08-19-11 09:22 AM
    Last question wu-wei, after extracting I can still shrink it? Thank you!
    08-19-11 09:46 AM
    Last question wu-wei, after extracting I can still shrink it? Thank you!
    Yes, you can still shrink after extracting. No worries there.
    siele likes this.
    08-19-11 09:55 AM
    Thank you wu-wei.
    08-19-11 10:09 AM
    Everything looks good on this side! Now i have to change my Signature again to "20110818" lol!
    08-19-11 10:59 AM
    Hi, i installed the OS u recommended put i cant find it in the loader, it just doesn't appear, i deleted every previous OS's and deleted vendor. still it doesn't appear at all either with your hybrid or without, so i cant install it. do you know why this happens ?
    08-19-11 02:37 PM
    Hi, i installed the OS u recommended put i cant find it in the loader, it just doesn't appear, i deleted every previous OS's and deleted vendor. still it doesn't appear at all either with your hybrid or without, so i cant install it. do you know why this happens ?
    I'll tell you, I had a heck of a time getting 615 to install at first, too.

I had to uninstall Desktop Manager and reinstall it. That was the only thing that fixed the issue of the 615 OS not appearing as available.

I think someone mentioned to me that a particular build of Desktop Manager had caused them problems and they recommended using an earlier version, but the uninstall/reinstall fixed my problems so I didn't mess with a different version.

Give that a shot and let me know if it works. There seems to be something about that particular combination that gets wonky.
    bad0or likes this.
    08-19-11 02:49 PM
    I did this before on a different OS and it worked, but since im messing with everything now trying to install this OS, i just didn't want to uninstall it again, cuz i use both DM6 and 5 does this cause a problem? i like how light the 5, and i like the back-up method in 6, so ill try to uninstall them both now and see what happens
    08-19-11 02:56 PM
    Before you do that, run a search for vendor.xml on your entire C drive....sometimes one sneaks into weird places.

bad0or likes this.
    08-19-11 03:07 PM
    Best way to search for the vendor.xml file is to bring up an command prompt (as administrator) and run the following:
    Code:
    dir /a /s c:\vendor.xml
    I've found it hiding out in some odd places and windows explorer search won't show the file if in a protected directory.

Wu-Wei, great job! Now the question is do I reload this 9700 one more time before I get my 9900?
    bad0or likes this.
    08-19-11 03:15 PM
    Wu-Wei, great job! Now the question is do I reload this 9700 one more time before I get my 9900?
    Funny thing is I'm asking myself the same thing. (Shh, don't tell).

08-19-11 03:19 PM
    Sorry man....I know there are many folks who run into that issue.

I do apologize.
    Come on! No need for apologizing for doing the great job you do! You just made me feel bad for writing this comment!

Once or twice had similar problem. Someone over here advised to disconnect from internet prior to installation. It worked!! Maybe it would also for you?

bad0or likes this.
    08-19-11 03:20 PM
    I uninstalled both DM's and reinstalled the DM5 and i searched for Vendor.xml but i didn't delete it to figure out whether the problem is from Vendor.xml or from something else.

I launched the loader and guess what, the OS didn't appear, so i deleted Vendor.xml and launched it again, VOILA!! its there and i installed it right now

Im using windows 7 64bit, so i found it here:
    C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

such a weird place to hide :S
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-19-11 03:42 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD