Just installed OS 6 on my device. I wanted to import my AutoText that I have saved on my Computer. I did a back up of Contacts, Calendar, AutoText, etc separately using the Advanced Backup method using Desktop Manager.

I'm able to import everything else just fine. For some reason when I try to import AutoText, it becomes grayed out. It also seems as though they changed the AutoText file in OS 6 to something else.

I was hoping that I would be able to install Dekstop Manager 6 to see if that would work, but I've tried numerous times to get it to work. For some reason DM 6 will not run on my computer. If I try to open it, it quickly stops working.
    I've searched the forums, but has been unable to find a solution.
    I've only been able to get DM 5 to work.
    11-13-10 07:24 AM
    Only at DM6.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-10 02:33 AM
    Just installed OS 6 on my device. I wanted to import my AutoText that I have saved on my Computer. I did a back up of Contacts, Calendar, AutoText, etc separately using the Advanced Backup method using Desktop Manager.

I'm able to import everything else just fine. For some reason when I try to import AutoText, it becomes grayed out. It also seems as though they changed the AutoText file in OS 6 to something else.

I was hoping that I would be able to install Dekstop Manager 6 to see if that would work, but I've tried numerous times to get it to work. For some reason DM 6 will not run on my computer. If I try to open it, it quickly stops working.
    I've searched the forums, but has been unable to find a solution.
    I've only been able to get DM 5 to work.
    I went thru that 2days ago. Exactly how you described. I googled and found no results. Here's what helped and worked for me.
    1. I had a previous backup from OS 5***
    2. I wiped my device again and reloaded OS 6 (not sure is wiping is neccessary but I always do it)
    3. I opened DM 6 and got my OS 5 backup file and manually selected the Auto Text restore ONLY.
    4. Finally I checked to see if the Auto text was there then I did. Restore with my os6 backup file. **i had os6 on my 9700 already I had to reload it to. Show someone how to do it.
    Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 07:43 AM
    Is there an app now to take autotext from an excel file to the z10?

I'd really like to use Link if possible - or an app that will enable this from my laptop to LOAD into the z10 - any thoughts or workarounds?
    04-08-13 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD