Searched and didn't see this particular issue... Just did an update to 5.0.0.411, everything's great except I can't get audio from the media player to headphones. Handset and speaker work fine, but if I try and play audio while headphones are plugged in I immediately get a volume dialog with a headphones icon and the audio pauses after a moment. If I unplug the phones and unpause, plays fine through speaker. If i choose handset and unpause it plays fine that way. Plugging the headphones in immediately pauses with the dialog, and no input seems to make it continue for more than an instant. Until it pauses, I get sound through the headphones. I've tried multiple media files, audio/video, multiple earphones (including multiple that worked with this device before). I've also tried a couple of battery pulls, including pulls and reboots with and without the earphones pulled in.

Has anyone seen this?
    01-13-10 11:51 PM
    Bump.

Any ideas?
    01-14-10 10:03 AM
    The same thing happened to me, but my 3.5mm jack is damaged. It used to work if I fiddled with it on 4.6, but now on 5.0 I can't keep it working. Unless anyone has a better idea I'd say your audio jack is also damaged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 01:42 PM
    I had audio problems when I upgraded to .411 after a clean wipe earlier this week. My problems were different, but still an audio problem. After attempting many different solutions, I ended up changing to another theme. My problems were fixed...even after I changed back to my previous theme (the one I was using when I had the problems). So try changing themes.
    01-15-10 02:17 PM
    The same thing happened to me, but my 3.5mm jack is damaged. It used to work if I fiddled with it on 4.6, but now on 5.0 I can't keep it working. Unless anyone has a better idea I'd say your audio jack is also damaged.
    I thought about that, except my jack was fine, I listened to a podcast earlier on the day I upgraded, so it would have to be a real unlucky coincidence that the jack spontaneously broke at the same time.

I had audio problems when I upgraded to .411 after a clean wipe earlier this week. My problems were different, but still an audio problem. After attempting many different solutions, I ended up changing to another theme. My problems were fixed...even after I changed back to my previous theme (the one I was using when I had the problems). So try changing themes.
    Thanks, I'll try that and see if it works.
    01-16-10 08:38 PM
    So did you you get it resolved junyo?
    01-19-10 09:48 AM
    I too had an audio problem after upggrading to OS5 .411

I didn't try music, but the callers voice through the earpiece was very muffled and almost inaudible.

I too had to bin the them I was using, restored to the standard one, and all is now OK.
    01-19-10 09:55 AM
    I'll keep this is mind if I make the switch.
    01-23-10 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD