in light of the thread i posted below, ive noticed that OS's .586 and .593 stopped all cell location data for Google Maps, SignalLoc and BerryWeather on 3G connections. it worked just fine prior to upgrading to .586. does anyone who is familiar with SFI files think if i take the .545 SFI file and load it into the .593 UMTS folder and reload the OS, it could potentially fix this issue? both files have the same name but the one for .545 is 20,000KB and the one for .593 is 17,000 KB.

im aware that the SFI file is the main controller of the OS and COD files. im wondering if this is indeed OS related, that this would fix how the radio interacts with these 3rd party apps.

ive done plenty of COD file replacing before, but what do you hybrid makers thing of this?

note*** ive gone into the engineering screen to verify location data. the handset has its Location Services (LCS) set for RRLP + SUPL. so it *should* be sending/receiving its location data properly.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...on-all-445628/
    Last edited by dictoresno; 04-05-10 at 05:53 AM.
    04-05-10 05:36 AM
    You can try it and see if it works. If you swap a radio file the loader will do a complete OS reload as it looks like a downgrade to the loader. I have swapped files with varying results. In one case it worked great and I got the results I wanted. In the other case on boot the phone kept getting a white screen that said "App Error 523 Reset" and every time I reset I got that screen. The only option was to wipe the phone with BBSAK and do a complete OS reinstall with the proper radio file for the build. Try it and see if you get the results you want. Make sure you back everything up first.
    04-05-10 07:03 AM
    in light of the thread i posted below, ive noticed that OS's .586 and .593 stopped all cell location data for Google Maps, SignalLoc and BerryWeather on 3G connections. it worked just fine prior to upgrading to .586. does anyone who is familiar with SFI files think if i take the .545 SFI file and load it into the .593 UMTS folder and reload the OS, it could potentially fix this issue? both files have the same name but the one for .545 is 20,000KB and the one for .593 is 17,000 KB.

im aware that the SFI file is the main controller of the OS and COD files. im wondering if this is indeed OS related, that this would fix how the radio interacts with these 3rd party apps.

ive done plenty of COD file replacing before, but what do you hybrid makers thing of this?

note*** ive gone into the engineering screen to verify location data. the handset has its Location Services (LCS) set for RRLP + SUPL. so it *should* be sending/receiving its location data properly.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...on-all-445628/
    Using 545 radio with 593 java is approaching the limits acceptable for discrepancy between radio and java files. However, we used to roll our 9630 radios back to 191 and had great results. I'd say you are more than welcome to try it. In my estimation, it should be compatible as the higher .5xx builds seem to play nicer together than the earlier .5xx builds. Basically it comes down to the platform and how far away they are from each other.

I look forward to seeing your results.
    04-05-10 07:47 AM
    well maybe ill wait to see if the next build fixes the issue. can anyone confirm that your guys hybrids have the issue or not?
    04-05-10 02:36 PM
    Hey guys I wanted to report back some info. I travelled outside of my usual area and tried updating via cell location. It does update properly on 3G. It must be an issue all of a sudden with the cell towers near where I live. Every update I've done while I'm traveling works just fine. Hmmmmm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD