I upgraded to the latest 4.5 a couple of days ago. I am getting e-mails in HTML, however, I cannot open attachments. I had AT&T send me an e-mail with a jpeg attached and it just says"This attachment type cannot be viewed on your device." I also have BBSmartview and it won't let me download attachments either. It says "connection failure! Please check your radio coverage and review your selections." Iv've tried all the connection choices and notheing works. Can anyone help me? Thanks
    08-01-08 07:44 PM
    I don't have OS4.5, so I can't verify that this setting is the same, but in 4.2.x.x you had to have the "Blackberry Attachment Service" installed on your device to view attachments. Check your App Loader and make sure that if present, it is checked. From the User Guide to my 8830: "Blackberry Attachment Service gives both BES and BIS users the ability to open and view email attachments in the following formats: doc, xls, ppt, wordperfect, pdf, ascii, html, jpg, bmp, gif, png, and tiff, and the zip'd versions of these."
    08-01-08 08:03 PM
    Jeff,
    Thanks for the advice. Yes its checked. Any other ideas?
    08-01-08 08:27 PM
    Jeff,
    Thanks for the advice. Yes its checked. Any other ideas?
    No, that's all I know. I was afraid it wouldn't be that easy. If it's a 4.5 issue, maybe somebody who's upgraded will post the answer.
    08-01-08 08:30 PM
    Any other suggestions?
    08-02-08 09:06 AM
    I had the same problem not too long ago, but I didnt have the attachment files installed on my berry. After installing them and rebooting the device, everything worked like a charm. My advice to you is to try to reinstall the OS. Make a back up of your device data and back up all of your 3rd party apps. Then wipe the device and reinstall the OS. After that, restore your device and resend service books. I know it sounds like a lot of work for a small minor inconvenience, but it may be the only way to remedy the issue. Also, dont forget to do a battery pull first. That will fix about 90% of all problems. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.
    08-02-08 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD