i am running os6 on a 9300 and I only have 3mb of application storage left??

its shows total of 255mb.
    160mb in applications
    98.9 in 'other'??
    free now is 1.1???

how can this be.. I can't even load an app now if I wanted to and I only have 3 apps loaded now?? what is taking up all my space?? I know the os itself is like 130mb, but where is everything else??

and no, I hardly have any emails or anythig and I close out all apps..

my memory is fine, I have 98mb free, its just storage.. help...
    02-14-11 12:12 PM
    now I am getting messages that I am totally OUT of storage space?? I literally have 2 apps and a few web launchers on my phone..thats it!!! what is taking up all my storage??? i dont understand this....
    02-14-11 12:54 PM
    Messages? Attachments? Browser Cache? Content Store?

Check how much space they are using by going to Options > Status > Menu > Database sizes

Do you have all of your media (pictures, music, ringtones, etc) stored on your Media Card and not in the Device Memory?

Have you done a battery pull and checked the free memory after that?
    02-14-11 05:15 PM
    Where do your pictures and everything get saved? Make sure it's the memory card and not device memory.
    02-14-11 07:12 PM
    yes. I have done al that.. all that stuff is definitely on my media card. I literally have no emails, text or apps adn I have 1 mb of space?? and this os6 doesn't have a leak somewhere?? now I am backing everything up and doing a system wipe..
    02-14-11 07:15 PM
    What happens when you do a battery pull?

A system wipe is a little extreme at this point. Especially if you say you don't have anything on the device. Wiping isn't going to solve anything.
    02-14-11 08:55 PM
    I did about 10 battery pulls. Well, I did the system wipe and it seems to have worked for now. I am back to 86 mb free now!! Loaded back most of my apps and it's staying around 80mb free. Weird.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-11 09:37 PM
    I did about 10 battery pulls. Well, I did the system wipe and it seems to have worked for now. I am back to 86 mb free now!! Loaded back most of my apps and it's staying around 80mb free. Weird.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    A new OS usually takes a few days and a few battery pulls to settle in.

I've experienced this frequently.
    02-14-11 11:35 PM
    What happens when you do a battery pull?

A system wipe is a little extreme at this point. Especially if you say you don't have anything on the device. Wiping isn't going to solve anything.
    I disagree. If he does not have anything in the device, that can only mean that the OS is messed up and eating up WAY too much memory. 98mb of "other"? Nope. Can't be right.

After you make sure you get everything backed up, remove your SD card and go for a wipe using BBSAK.

Make sure you shrink out whatever you don't need and as lak said, give it good 3-4 battery pulls for the OS to settle before you start loading backups and apps.

Post back! Let us know how it turns out!
    02-15-11 10:30 AM
    It seems that the OP had not tried all the other avenues first and just jumped to wiping the device without exploring what was causing the problem. In that instance, wiping is a premature action.
    02-15-11 11:10 AM
    Well, premature or not, it worked like a charm....i am staying steady at around 81mb and my "other" is at 25mb...

the whole phone is working much better and faster. I loaded back all my themes and apps I really used a lot.. the only thing I really lost was a bbm group.. no biggie..I'm happy
    02-15-11 11:28 AM
    Worked for me too!!!! Great!!! Im running OS6 on my 9700 and had same memory problems, but its fixed now, 3 hard battery pulls in a row, and Done!
    03-07-11 06:12 PM
    When I go into Aplication Management on my BOLD 9700 running OS 6, I see 144MB of memory being used ...and "OTHER" using 110MB of memeory which seems to fluctuate..What exactly constitutes "OTHER" in Application memory?
    06-11-11 11:26 AM
    Has anyone ever solved the "Other" in application memory? It seems people guess what's there but why can't anyone answer. I even posted to Blackberry. I deleted all messages and texts. Don't have pictures. Deleted web cache and still have over 200 MB in other.
    03-30-12 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD