All BlackBerry users have received different App Error screens from 205, to 523, to 507. Most people have no clue what these mean or why they're kicked. '507' is the most common and well known, as it means the device software needs to be loaded. Below is a list of all Application Errors you may come across.

Application Error List:

** 101 Internal JVM error.
    ** 102 Invalid code in file system. The .cod files in the handheld have been checked for modification and it has been determined that there is a problem with one or more .cod files.
    ** 103 The starting address for the boot .cod file cannot be found. This might mean that a boot .cod file has not been installed on the handheld, or that its format is invalid or corrupt.
    ** 104 An uncaught Java exception was thrown in the Java code and diagnosed by the JVM. Execution can be continued or the handheld can be attached to a debugger on a desktop through a serial or USB cable. The event log should contain the traceback of the thrown exception.
    ** 105 An OS file system API returned an error status for a certain operation. This can indicate a corrupt file system or an error in the JVM.
    ** 106 An error has been detected in the graphics system of the handheld.
    ** 107 Internal JVM error.
    ** 108 Internal JVM error.
    ** 109 Internal OS error.
    ** 110 Non-idle event downtime error. A problem has been detected in the accumulation of JVM down time that represents how long the JVM has been idle. This indicates an error in either the OS code or the JVM code.
    ** 200 Application manager threw an uncaught exception. The application manager event thread threw an uncaught exception and so cannot continue running.
    ** 201 Initialization of the cryptographic system failed and the handheld cannot continue to operate.
    ** 202 An attack on the key store has been detected, and the handheld cannot continue to operate.
    ** 203 The application manager console process, usually the Home screen ribbon, has failed, like due to an uncaught exception.

Code 3xx

• 310-314: Hardware failure Perform a hard reset on the handheld: Shut down, remove the battery wait a few second... replace battery then see when happens when it starts OR Run Application Loader to reload the operating system and applications onto the handheld.Note: If these tasks do not resolve the error, contact your service provider.
    • 320-325: AMX failureRun Application Loader to reload the operating system and applications onto the handheld.
    • 330-339: Application tasks failureRun Application Loader to reload the operating system and applications onto the handheld.
    • 340-343: Memory failureYou receive one the following error messages on your handheld:CauseMemory failure. Resolution Reduce the number of calendar appointments synchronized to your handheld.

1. In BlackBerry? Desktop Manager, double-click the Intellisync icon.Click Configure PIM. The Handheld Configuration window appears.
    2. In the Handheld Applications list, select Calendar.
    3. Click Configure > Advanced Settings. The Advanced Settings for Calendar window appears.
    4. In the Date Range tab, perform one of the following tasks to reduce the number of calendar appointments synchronized to your handheld:If you click the Transfer only Future items option, only future calendar appointments will be synchronzied to your handheld.If you click the Transfer items within a range of Days option and enter date range in the fields provided, only the calendar appointments that scheduled within the date range will be synchronized to your handheld.
    5. Click OK to save your changes and close the window.
    6. In the Handheld Configuration window, ensure that the check box beside the Calendar application is selected, then click OK.
    7. In the Intellisync window, ensure that the Synchronize PIM check box is selected, then click Synchronize Now. The number of calendar entries on your handheld is reduced.If you still receive the error Run Application Loader to reload the operating system and applications onto your handheld.

• 350-359: Software application failureYou receive one of the following error messages on your handheld: Device Error 350, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357, 358, 359 CauseSoftware application failure. ResolutionPerform a hard reset on the handheld OR Run Application Loader to reload the operating system and applications onto your handheld. In the Application Loader Wizard window, do not select any third party applications. In the Advanced options, select the Erase all currently installed applications check box

• 360-363: Flash memory failureRun Application Loader to reload the operating system and applications onto the handheld.
    • 365-368: This one is often followed byContact your service provider.

Code 4xx

• 400-564: Breaking lines, sistem data link lost, possibility of bad sector in hard drive
    • 410: Radio Failure
    • 411: Battery Error, Replace Internal or External Battery module
    • 499: Software problems, continue to handheld device OS installation or application updates via Apploader

** 501 Internal error.
    ** 502 All processes exited. The last Java process has terminated, and there is nothing left to execute.
    ** 503 Internal error.
    ** 504 Internal error.
    ** 505 Internal error.
    ** 506 An uncaught Java exception was thrown in the initial VM Java thread thus killing the only live thread in the system. The event log contains the traceback for the exception.
    ** 507 A dependency on a .cod file could not be satisfied due to a missing .cod file. Load the missing .cod file onto the handheld.
    ** 508 Invalid object. A problem has been detected with a debugger command to the VM.
    ** 516 Error occurred during garbage collection, which might indicate a corrupted file system.
    ** 510 All threads are waiting on objects, which results in a deadlock. The system cannot recover from this state since no thread can release a lock.
    ** 511 A problem has occurred during debugging.
    ** 515 The reachable objects form a group that cannot be represented properly by the VM because there are too many objects or the total size of the objects is too large.
    ** 516 When committing a persistent object, the VM found that the persistent store id counter has reached its limit. The object was not committed.
    ** 517 An inconsistency has been detected in the VM persistent object store.
    ** 518 Internal error.
    ** 519 Internal error.
    ** 520 Internal error.
    ** 521 Indicates that Object.wait() has been executed by a thread that holds a lock on another object; occurs only in simulator if the JvmDebugWaits application switch.
    ** 522 A thread has acquired two locks on objects in an order that doesn’t match the order that previous locks for the two types were acquired, which indicates a future potential deadlock situation; reported only in the simulator when the JvmDebugLocks application switch is set.
    ** 523 A critical Java process has died and the device cannot continue to operate normally.
    ** 524 An object has been marked as recovered by the Low Memory Manager but it was not freed during a garbage collection. This is only checked in the simulator under the control of the JvmDebugLMM application switch.
    ** 525 Bad persistent object. An auto-commit operation during a garbage collection has detected a non-persistent object reachable from the persistent store root. The type of the object has been output into the event log.
    ** 526 The class definition for java.lang.Object cannot be found.
    ** 527 The class definition for java.lang.String cannot be found.
    ** 528 The file system is corrupted. Data on the handheld is unrecoverable.
    ** 529 The file system is corrupted. An attempt is going to be made to recover data, but some data might be lost.
    ** 530 Internal JVM error.
    ** 531 Flash memory has been exhausted.
    ** 532 A JVM assertion has been violated. This error can occur only in the simulator, not on an actual handheld.

In most instances upon receiving one of these errors, the device usually needs to wiped with JL_Cmder or another JavaLoader Utility and then re-loaded with the device software. Please see How-To Wipe with JL_Cmder if you need help or are not familiar with the process. When it's time to upgrade/downgrade or re-install the device software please see BlackBerry 101- How To Install or Upgrade to a new RIM Operating System for help with that as well. Hope this thread helps.
    Justam likes this.
    04-21-09 12:37 PM
    Very nicely done!!!
    04-21-09 12:52 PM
    04-21-09 01:02 PM
    Bookmarked, thanks for information.
    04-21-09 01:31 PM
    Thanks to all. My pleasure.
    04-21-09 01:42 PM
    what about 205 error?? is not listed...
    05-24-09 07:03 PM
    Every time I try to backup my data the desktop manager closes instantly. It also does this when I try to go to the apploader. Any one know whats up?
    06-12-09 06:12 PM
    very nice alot of help thanks
    06-21-09 06:06 PM
    What about 205 error?? My phone won't turn on at all. Any help?
    07-06-09 03:19 PM
    What about 205 error?? My phone won't turn on at all. Any help?
    This should help....

Did you find this;
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

If this didn't work your BB is probably toast. Has it ever worked, or has it always shown this since it arrived?

IIRC the 205 error means you don't have a valid operating system loaded on the device
    07-06-09 07:44 PM
    hope you guys can help me. but i kept getting jvm error 102 and when i used jl cmder i delete the file and it works fine but than when i reload the os i keep getting a error 547 write flash failed. i take the battery out and put it on and than i get a jvm error 102 but this time with a different file and i keep doing this and different file comes up with an error 102. i even tried downgrading. i have the 8350i for nextel.
    07-21-09 08:41 AM
    Very nice! only have ever gotten a few from upgrading OS but still good to know
    07-29-09 01:21 PM
    how do i fix app error 523 how do i reload to my bb?
    08-03-09 10:53 PM
    Heyyy

I kno this isnt about a error, bit ov a newbie here...

But how the **** do you close your applications, ive pressed the bb button and gone onto the apps and selected close but they dnt seem to be going.
    Do apps like messenger, call list ect constantly run in the background ???

If any1 could help mee pleeaasee ?
    Thanks
    (curve 8900)
    08-13-09 09:21 AM
    Looking for a little help. My company currently offers a application for the BB that connects to a server and obtains a "document". Well alot of our users are getting a Java - Connection TimedOut Error when attempting to connect the device using the application. The wierd thing is that they are able to access email, make calls, text messages, access the web, and if the user types in the server address that they are attempting to connect to they are able to get to the login screen, which indicates that the server they are attempting to hit is up and running. The other odd thing is that some of our users can use this application just fine one second and then get the TimedOut Error an hour later.

If anyone has any insight to this I would greatly appriecate it.

FYI: The server is HTTPS that they are attempting to connect to. Not sure if that matters.

Thanks
    08-26-09 10:43 AM
    I keep getting the Application Error 200 on my Pearl Flip. It started like 2wks ago. I did a Battery Pull and didn't start receiving it again until towards the middle/end of last week. It doesn't always happen after my phone turns on; sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I deleted it from my media card and it's not showing on there anymore. But it's still showing in my Downloads as 'Archived'.

Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance!
    08-30-09 11:23 AM
    For some reason my new blackberry flip is having major issues for no reason at all. First my bluetooth wont enable, when i try it restarts my phone. Now! my SMS icon has disapeared and when i try to access the sms folder inbox it say "Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException" what does this mean....help please!
    09-21-09 07:23 AM
    Wow thanks for the post quite usefull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 10:54 AM
    fantastic list of errors...very helpfull.....thanks!!!!
    09-22-09 10:32 AM
    Awesome Job on the error list very usefull to all BB users.
    09-23-09 04:34 PM
    Heyyy

I kno this isnt about a error, bit ov a newbie here...

But how the **** do you close your applications, ive pressed the bb button and gone onto the apps and selected close but they dnt seem to be going.
    Do apps like messenger, call list ect constantly run in the background ???

If any1 could help mee pleeaasee ?
    Thanks
    (curve 8900)
    (Tried starting a new thread, was unable)

I'm having a similar problem. My phone just won't start the camera and says to close other applications. Even when everything is closed/shut down (Slacker, IMs, FB) it gives the same msg. Turning the phone on and off won't work either. The only solution I have found is to take out the battery.

Is this something others are experiencing and how do I correct this?

Thanks!
    11-19-09 01:47 PM

This is a very good list to have. Thank you for posting this for all to see.
    11-19-09 01:56 PM
    thank you very useful info!
    11-22-09 02:47 PM
    Thanx appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 07:58 AM
    wow! there can be so many error messages
    11-30-09 11:19 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD