anyone having issues w their bbm? im on my first exchange and only had it for abt 3 wks now..it was working fine then on bbm it wouldnt let me open it gave me and error " an unhandeled error has occured and wont let me use it.. have wiped the phone completely and have tried with and without backup and issue still there swaped my sim to my 9700 and no issues there and spoke w rim and they have not seen this error...i love 9780 but want to use my bbm
    01-23-11 11:00 AM
    Try installing BlackBerry Messenger v5.0.1.45 by clicking the following link from your 9780 then restart when prompted to then tell us if it solved your problem >>> http://dcom.me/tL2ap
    afrogbarrera likes this.
    01-23-11 11:19 AM
    If the above solution doesn't solve your problem (which I doubt) then please let us know what OS did you install on your 9780
    01-23-11 11:19 AM
    im trying it right now will keep u posted.. wish me luck .. n i hadnt doen any type of upgrade to os on 9780 used it as it came
    01-23-11 12:42 PM
    uuggghhhhh it wont even open .. what else can i do
    01-23-11 12:50 PM
    by the way the os that my 9780 came with is 6.0.0.285
    01-23-11 12:53 PM
    Ok then, upgrade your OS to 6.0.0.359, it has many bug fixes and better battery life.

First you must start by downloading OS 6.0.0.359 from the following link >>> https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...3314DF2B3CB9CE
    Select Bold 9780 from the drop down list, then click download, then fill in your details, then proceed.

After the download is complete, install the file you have just downloaded.

Next, browse to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

In that folder, you will find a file called vendor.xml, DELETE that file

While you are in that folder, after you have deleted the above mentioned file, you will find another file by the name of loader.exe

Run that file, you will now get the screen to initialize the upgrade of the OS on your BB, click next to continue, your device PIN will be listed on this next screen, click next again to continue.

Now you will be introducted with a list of options to select or deselect the components you want to install.

Carefully select only the items that you need, do not select all the chat messengers and components you know you will not use as this will eat up your precious application memory.

After you have selected the components you want to install, click next, andthe upgrade process shall begin.

Your phone will automaticaly create a backup of your settings / apps first, then it will wipe the old OS then install the new one and restore the backup.

Should anything go wrong at this stage, you will have to wipe your device again and try again, but luckily, we have created a backup file at the beginning of these instructions, so you will still be able to restore all your contacts, emails, settings, etc.

I am not trying to scare you, it is pretty straight forward, however, we have had cases were a few members had something wrong go during the process which rendered them without a backup of their contacts, emails, settings.
    afrogbarrera likes this.
    01-23-11 12:57 PM
    i get error..there was an error updating ur software. One or more modules could not be resolved...and i deleted it and reinstalled
    01-24-11 10:08 PM
    i get error..there was an error updating ur software. One or more modules could not be resolved...and i deleted it and reinstalled

I keep getting this exact same error message on EVERY leaked AND official OS upgrade for my T-Mo US 9780. I am still using the stock OS that came with the phone back in December 15, which is 6.0.0.285.
    01-24-11 10:40 PM
    ugh is so frustrating... i love my bbm and ive never had this issue before that deleting the app and reinstalling didnt fix
    01-25-11 08:16 AM
    Uninstall all the operating systems on your system, then restart, then ensure that the folders of those OSes are empty

then install the OS again fresh then try again
    01-25-11 09:55 AM
    Ok then, upgrade your OS to 6.0.0.359, it has many bug fixes and better battery life.

First you must start by downloading OS 6.0.0.359 from the following link >>> https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...3314DF2B3CB9CE
    Select Bold 9780 from the drop down list, then click download, then fill in your details, then proceed.

After the download is complete, install the file you have just downloaded.

Next, browse to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

In that folder, you will find a file called vendor.xml, DELETE that file

While you are in that folder, after you have deleted the above mentioned file, you will find another file by the name of loader.exe

Run that file, you will now get the screen to initialize the upgrade of the OS on your BB, click next to continue, your device PIN will be listed on this next screen, click next again to continue.

Now you will be introducted with a list of options to select or deselect the components you want to install.

Carefully select only the items that you need, do not select all the chat messengers and components you know you will not use as this will eat up your precious application memory.

After you have selected the components you want to install, click next, andthe upgrade process shall begin.

Your phone will automaticaly create a backup of your settings / apps first, then it will wipe the old OS then install the new one and restore the backup.

Should anything go wrong at this stage, you will have to wipe your device again and try again, but luckily, we have created a backup file at the beginning of these instructions, so you will still be able to restore all your contacts, emails, settings, etc.

I am not trying to scare you, it is pretty straight forward, however, we have had cases were a few members had something wrong go during the process which rendered them without a backup of their contacts, emails, settings.
    If 359 is the best, why are you running 294?
    01-25-11 10:08 PM
    If 359 is the best, why are you running 294?
    LOL, btw dude , ML won't see u as you're in his ignore list

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-11 11:16 AM
    OMG THE EXACT Same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago!!!!

Not only did it wipe my bbm list clean it also deleted my entire address book. My own stupidity I hadn't backed up my phone since November so I lost a lot of valuable information!

Anyone else's battery not good either???

anyone having issues w their bbm? im on my first exchange and only had it for abt 3 wks now..it was working fine then on bbm it wouldnt let me open it gave me and error " an unhandeled error has occured and wont let me use it.. have wiped the phone completely and have tried with and without backup and issue still there swaped my sim to my 9700 and no issues there and spoke w rim and they have not seen this error...i love 9780 but want to use my bbm
    02-14-11 01:15 PM
    just got blackberry yesterday bold 3 9780 all think is working fine but BBM is showing Associating BBM with your Blackberry ID the same thing is there from yesterday night i also wiped the blackberry but same thing is there!!!!!pls help me....
    02-27-13 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD