Just received an email to my personal gmail account, which is not registered in the BIS...copied and pasted the email below:

Hello,

Thank you for using BlackBerry Messenger. To help prevent unauthorized
    use of this email address, we need to confirm its ownership. Please
    turn on your BlackBerry and allow it to receive this email. The email
    will be automatically processed by BlackBerry Messenger. Please do not
    delete this email.

If you do not use BlackBerry Messenger, you can ignore this email.

Thank you,
    BlackBerry Messenger Team

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 12:35 PM
    Yup many times lol , it was brought up about 100000 times a day back when 5.0 bbm first came out ! , nothing to worrie about
    08-22-09 12:37 PM
    Wow...how did I miss ALL of these threads!?!?! I'm sorry guys...I scan thru the boards several times a day...I really don't know how I missed this one...Mods, please close/delete the thread! Thx

08-22-09 12:48 PM
    Oh, and real quick...just to note-ive had BBM installed since day one when it leaked here...I just now got this email...bizarre, but anyway-i see that everyone else has as well...still don't know how I missed these threads...whoops!

08-22-09 12:49 PM
    I went into my info in bbm5 and I noticed that the recovery email listed is my sprint bb email, as well as my personal gmail account. I JUST recently set up gmail in BIS in order to test out the new enhanced gmail plugin...looks like I received that email from bbmadmin shortly after adding my gmail email to bis...funny thing is, it only delivered to the gmail app...not to the actual bis gmail inbox.

Oh, and real quick...just to note-ive had BBM installed since day one when it leaked here...I just now got this email...bizarre
    08-22-09 12:56 PM
    I went into my info in bbm5 and I noticed that the recovery email listed is my sprint bb email, as well as my personal gmail account. I JUST recently set up gmail in BIS in order to test out the new enhanced gmail plugin...looks like I received that email from bbmadmin shortly after adding my gmail email to bis...funny thing is, it only delivered to the gmail app...not to the actual bis gmail inbox.

Yes, same thing happened to me when i downloaded BBM 5. Got those emails, which didn't make it to my BlackBerry (BIS) but i saw them when i checked my gmail via PC. i even tried to forward the email several times to all email addresses set up on my device to see if i could get it to come through. No go.

i've since downgraded to BBM 4.7. No more odd emails of course!
    08-22-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD