Anyone else loving the Social Feeds app?!?

I don't use it for twitter, myspace, facebook accounts but I use the RSS section non-stop! I have all my favorite blogs (crackberry, of course) and my favorite news outlets all in one section! Anyone else digging it as much as me?
    08-24-10 10:57 PM
    I only have crackberry on it.... Haven't found more webpages wirh rss....how do you know witch one has and witch one doesn't????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 10:43 AM
    I deleted it... I got annoyed with all the updates. I might give it a retry and mess around with some settings or something.
    08-25-10 10:49 AM
    I stopped using it - disabled it - and have recently removed it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/rs...?highlight=rss

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/so...ng-lag-514114/

I look forward to RIM updating it and making some improvements...especially for performance. I want to be able to delete (preferably automatic) anything older than, say, 24 hours or so.
    08-25-10 10:52 AM
    I only have crackberry on it.... Haven't found more webpages wirh rss....how do you know witch one has and witch one doesn't????
    Go on your home computer and bring up webpages that you frequent, blogs, local newspaper, etc.. Then just look for the RSS feed icon, if it is thre it is available.

I deleted it... I got annoyed with all the updates. I might give it a retry and mess around with some settings or something.
    I was at first, but I turned notifications off in the menu, I just check when I feel like it. Then in FB and Twitter I set to be notified on direct message only, it is much quieter now!
    08-25-10 10:55 AM
    I love it. I only have one RSS feed but have all the other social networks and IMs enabled. Doesn't bother me at all.
    08-25-10 11:04 AM
    I think I would like the social app more, if I had it.
    Just got my torch, updated the OS and tada, social apps gone. My guess is that it is built in so I'm not sure how it is gone or how to get it back.

08-25-10 11:22 AM
    I love it. It's easy to find RSS feeds too just by putting in the website and it finds if it has one or not.
    08-25-10 11:41 AM
    Deleted it, no use for it.
    08-25-10 01:22 PM
    I use it for RSS only.
    08-25-10 01:39 PM
    Deleted- I only use FB. But I'd imagine it very handy if you use a lot of social networking sites.
    08-25-10 01:52 PM
    i use it only for rss to now. did have FB but the way people sit there any play games all day it got annoying
    08-25-10 01:57 PM
    I have everything linked to it and two RSS feeds. Think it works well and having it all all in one spot.
    08-25-10 06:26 PM
    I had no preconceptions, and I'm happy with it so far for a dozen rss feeds. Iuse its tweet Article a lot and find it easier and faster that viigo
    - Matt
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.rackberry.comp

08-25-10 08:43 PM
    Anyone have an idea of how to get it back if it were deleted?

08-25-10 10:08 PM

I don't think you can just ota download social feeds yet, but it should work if you download the 6.0 official os and install that to your computer. Then go to DM and where you load the apps make sure the box for it is checked.

08-25-10 10:15 PM

try poking around in desktop manager when connected.. theres a screen in there that lists software. i know you can delete form there so possibly install too. im not positive but give a try
    08-26-10 06:57 PM
    How do you get the rrs to work?
    08-26-10 08:01 PM
    How do you get the rrs to work?
    Just hit the blackberry button and choose add rss feed. Put I'm the webpage of a site that has rss fees like any major newspaper for example.
    Matt

08-26-10 08:13 PM
    I'm loving it! But had to bring back my phone since it hd some defects and replaced it with another torch. Now after playing around with it for the first time, i'm just going to use it for rss feeds since i like the ubertwitter interface better. but overall, i love keeping up to date with relevant news from local and global sources.
    08-26-10 08:22 PM
    Where would I do this at? When I'm looking at my rrs feeds it doesn't give me that option
    08-26-10 09:34 PM
    Okay well i thought i had to figured out which I dont i googled rss feeds espn found it but when im at the website when i click the bb button there isnt an option to add to rss feed.....where is the place to add the websites?
    Last edited by MistaBaloo; 08-26-10 at 09:45 PM.
    08-26-10 09:36 PM
    You have to be on the social media app under the rss section.

Okay well i thought i had to figured out which I dont i googled rss feeds espn found it but when im at the website when i click the bb button there isnt an option to add to rss feed.....where is the place to add the websites?

08-26-10 09:52 PM
    Okay wow i swear i was moving the social feeds left and right and couldn't find the rss!! but then i played with adding crackberry to my rss from the browser. Just went into social feeds and i had the option for rss!! im soo happy....sry i know i might have seemed like a ****** but i am pretty good with blackberry's but i swear that option was not there 10 mins ago!!!
    08-26-10 09:58 PM
    No sweat. Glad you got it!

08-26-10 10:09 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD