Now is that what the whole "pin" thing is involved with ?? like when you had a nextel phone back in the day and you used the private ID number it gave you to two way somebody?? B/c I see alot of people on here with there "PIN" revealed ..
    Is it typically free or do you have to have the instant messenging service to get it?
    01-28-09 11:24 AM
    Every BlackBerry is assinged a PIN(Found by going Options --> Status) that can be used to contact other people with BlackBerrys. By Sending a PIN message to their PIN Number or through BlackBerry Messenger. There's not really any security risks involved with giving out your PIN, just don't give out your IMEI number with it. You have to have a Full BlackBerry Data plan to use it.
    01-28-09 11:27 AM
    Every BlackBerry is assinged a PIN(Found by going Options --> Status) that can be used to contact other people with BlackBerrys. By Sending a PIN message to their PIN Number or through BlackBerry Messenger. There's not really any security risks involved with giving out your PIN, just don't give out your IMEI number with it. You have to have a Full BlackBerry Data plan to use it.
    very cool.. is this option free ? or is considered like text messenging?
    01-28-09 11:28 AM
    If you have the blackberry data plan for email and web and such it should be free and isn't counted as a text message. At least that's how it is with American carriers, I'd check with yours before sending lots of them
    01-28-09 11:29 AM
    Messaging via blackberry messenger does not 'eat up' your normal wireless plan "text message" (MMS/SMS) quota... it's more like MSN Messenger but just for Blackberries and using the blackberry data plan.
    01-28-09 11:31 AM
    PIN to PIN messages go over BB Server not the carrier, so it doesn't count against your text messaging plan. You still need a data plan to access it though, but it's cool because you can PIN people over different carriers at no extra charge.
    01-28-09 11:49 AM
    PIN to PIN messages go over BB Server not the carrier, so it doesn't count against your text messaging plan. You still need a data plan to access it though, but it's cool because you can PIN people over different carriers at no extra charge.
    even from different countries?? I'm stationed in germany but would love to use this feature if I can to friends and family in the states.
    01-28-09 11:51 AM
    To any blackberry.
    Anywhere in the world.

I have used it to message someone in Australia and England, and I'm in the USA.
    01-28-09 11:52 AM
    To any blackberry.
    Anywhere in the world.

I have used it to message someone in Australia and England, and I'm in the USA.
    thats bad ***.. very cool
    01-28-09 11:55 AM
    I've used it all over the world. And, it's "real-time", the messages pass VERY quickly, you get delivery confirmation, etc. It's a VERY KEWL function - AND it's part of your BB services...
    01-28-09 12:00 PM
    I use it and love it.
    01-28-09 12:30 PM
    Without BBM I would die!!!
    01-28-09 12:47 PM
    LOL. Now I just gotta find someone I know that has a BB.
    01-28-09 01:45 PM
    Definitely use it
    01-28-09 01:46 PM
    I'm frequently in the Social Users Pin & Sharing forum. There's a topic in there with Storm owners sharing their pins. You can go there to connect with other Storm owners or we could start our own thread here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 01:50 PM
    BB Messenger is the best. You can send voice notes, photos, videos, and more.
    I'm on a BES server at work, so I invite colleagues into "conferences" where we're all chatting about topics, etc., in one "room." Very cool.
    01-28-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD