I have a broken blackberry which has all my blackberry messenger contacts on it, it still turns on and everything it's just the key's that are broke so I am unable to acces BBM. I now have a new blackberry, and I wanted to know if theres anyway I could acces the list of BBM contacts on my old phone from my computer if I plug it in using the USB cable? Just so I could re-add everyone onto my new phone. Thanks.
    08-19-11 05:25 AM
    Can you backup?
    It should only need the trackpad/ball to work.
    08-19-11 05:27 AM
    I can't I can scroll but can't click anything.
    08-19-11 05:29 AM
    Why can't you do a backup? Or just use the Device Switch Wizard in the BlackBerry Desktop Software?
    08-19-11 06:05 AM
    Because the phone keyboard and trackpad don't work, you need them to work to click backup don't you?
    08-19-11 06:45 AM
    Try using BB Desktop Manager (software) on your computer to do a device transfer from your old broken BB to your new one. It automatically imports all your old BBM contacts without you needing to re-invite them all manually

You don't need a working keyboard trackpad to do this.

Start DM on your computer, select 'Device >> Switch Devices...' from the menu. It will then ask you to plug in your old BB, copy the info, then ask for you new BB, and it will copy Everything over for you automatically!
    bbkd123 likes this.
    08-19-11 07:11 AM
    Thanks, will I not need to click yes on my old phone when it comes up with the "Click yes to continue to mass storage." Because I am unable to do that..
    08-19-11 07:18 AM
    No. You do not need the device to be in Mass Storage Mode to do a backup.
    08-19-11 12:48 PM
    Seriously, with BDM back up and restore and a whole basket full of freeware back up apps you didn't ever back up your BB?
    08-19-11 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD