Newb here,

I was wondering if (by any slim chance) there is any way to download apps from appworld that are marked as compatible with OS5 devices only onto an OS6 9780?

If OS6 is supposed to be backwards compatible with OS5 (http://forums.crackberry.com/f217/os...os-6-a-510318/) then why can't you download apps from 5 onto a 6 device?

Thanks for any advice!
    11-27-10 12:02 PM
    I do not have the same phone as you do, however I have a Bold 9650. I installed an OS6 leak and forgot to switch my apps from OS5 versions at Mobihand to the OS6 versions right away. All the OS5 apps I installed worked perfectly. However, I was experiencing a big memory leak and that was what led me to think to switch my apps for OS6 specifically.

By the way, it did not cure the memory leak. Still there.
    But as for you, I'm sorry I can't say for sure whether OS5 apps would work in OS6. I only know it works for the 9650.
    11-27-10 05:22 PM
    Most apps do work with os6,I'm using a lot of the same apps I had on my Tour and 9700(pre-leak) so I really think there are jus a small number that won't be compatible.
    It doesn't hurt to dl and try,worst case senerio u jus delete those that don't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 12:20 AM
    Thanks for your ideas! I am able to get apps that I download online that were made for os5 to work but there are some apps I want that are only distributed through the appworld and it won't let me download them just because they haven't been marked as os6 ready yet (even though they probably are).. Does anyone know any way around this?
    11-28-10 05:26 PM
    I do not have an answer for your question since I have a 9700 but I would advise buying your apps from Crackberry or Mobihand. The Blackberry App World has bad customer service and keeps a horrible record of your purchases. On more than one occasion I had to repurchase an app because I upgraded my os and lost the app. Now that I buy all apps from Crackberry, I no longer have any issues. They are also usually cheaper.
    11-29-10 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD