i have a berry thats active and getting a bunch of important texts/bbm msgs.....but the screen is broken! i figured out i can backup the phone with desktop manager and use abcberry to get the texts but bbm messages are not backed up so i cant read them.....is there a set of shortcuts i could use to get to the bbm screen and maybe save my messages to the memory card or maybe another program that will save messages to card/pc via usb
    12-08-09 04:48 PM
    good question...can anyone answer this?
    04-19-11 06:07 AM
    I dont think there is anyway you can do it.. never heard of something like this happening.. When you back-up your device on your PC, only the contacts are backed up and not the active chats.. Atleast thats what I remember of happening. If that happens, its quite impossible to get the BBM msgs out of your phone with a broken screen!!
    04-20-11 08:18 AM
    I have the same question, I also have a active Blackberry with a broken screen receiving messages.
    How ever I do have the BBM 'Save message history' function switched on, so Messages convo's are saved to the Media card, does anyone know, at what point does the message write to the card? upon receiving the message, or when you have read it?
    A way that you could read the messages, is to access the card from a PC & read the latest modified files in your BBM message history folder.

Another Question I have:
    If a Blackberry is switched off & has Pending messages to be received, Upon doing a 'Device switch & Transfer settings' to another Blackberry, will the messages be received on the new device or are they lost & only received by the device they were intended for?
    05-04-11 05:37 AM
    No, this can't be done, because history isn't activated on your phone. If you had, you could backup them manually on your computer or even from the SD card. No history, no backup.
    Sorry, bad hand on this one.
    05-04-11 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD