For example, with the webkit browser. Will that be as fast as some other handsets, with the faster processor and more RAM?
    04-21-11 12:59 PM
    The processor is the same as some other high-end devices such as the Thunderbolt and the HTC Incredible 2 / Trophy 7. It should be fast, but hard to tell when comparing across different OSes.

What may hold the browser back speed-wise more than anything is having to go through BIS.
    04-21-11 02:33 PM
    As of yesterday, there is speculation that that the Bold Touch will ship with OS 7. Of course I don't think that has been confirmed but it would nice if it did. For now its just a waiting game.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 07:57 AM
    OS 7 is simply OS 6.1 renamed. It is NOT QNX.
    04-30-11 08:05 AM
    yea it wont run very well because it will most likely ship with os7 which by early reports seems to be an amazing upgrade with the new hardware!
    04-30-11 08:14 AM
    lets put it in layman's terms. its basically a slightly better version of OS6 but with double the processing power and more RAM. so if your bold 9650 9700 series seems to have a snappy OS, just imagine doubling the power, yes its going to be super fast.
    04-30-11 10:33 AM
    What may hold the browser back speed-wise more than anything is having to go through BIS.
    New Patent Application From RIM Aims To Speed Up Web Browsing By Setting Up A Proxy Server On Your BlackBerry
    04-30-11 11:27 AM
    As of yesterday, there is speculation that that the Bold Touch will ship with OS 7. Of course I don't think that has been confirmed but it would nice if it did. For now its just a waiting game.

http://n4bb.com/6288/rim-co-ceo-jim-...be-called-os-7

This says that he actually did confirm the name change to OS7. Must just be quite different from OS6, or I don't see why they would do it.
    04-30-11 01:45 PM
    Don't forget the addition of Liquid Graphics and html browsing. I am guessing this BB will blow off some doors and redefine the concept of what a BB is capable of.

04-30-11 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD