Anyone thought about this? Are you not putting pressure on the phone when you are using the clip on the holster? will this damage the phone later on? is there a way not to put pressure on the phone when using the holster? I just want my bb to last for a long time. thanks for your inputs.
    01-04-10 07:12 PM
    I don' quite understand your question... I usually clip the holster on my belt first and then slide my phone into the holster after it is on my belt. It doesn't ever seem like I am putting pressure on it.
    01-04-10 07:25 PM
    You could do as above. I put my 9700 in the holster and then on my belt. Holding it by the sides and opening the clip avoids any undue pressure on the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 07:42 PM
    The covers would distribute the pressure across the device. I don't squeeze harder than I have to to remove it and I don't worry about it at all.
    01-04-10 07:46 PM
    I wouldnt worry about it at all
    01-04-10 09:14 PM
    You'll be fine.
    01-04-10 09:22 PM
    I think the biggest "danger" of using the OEM holster is the sheer fashion disaster of it all. It is quite large and fanny-pack-ish. Blech.
    01-05-10 12:43 AM
    Anyone thought about this? Are you not putting pressure on the phone when you are using the clip on the holster? will this damage the phone later on? is there a way not to put pressure on the phone when using the holster? I just want my bb to last for a long time. thanks for your inputs.
    Use the clip only with the phone removed.

I've ordered a Sena leather flip case. The sena clip can be removed with the phone in the case. Sena cases have the magnet in the lid to give the phone the holstered or non-holstered modes. Since the case has a lid, you don't need a screen protector.

There is a discount code on line to get 20% off a Sena order. I guess the only drawback to a Sena case is that they are wxpensive.

01-05-10 02:22 AM
    makes no difference. putting pressure on the phone will not damage it.
    01-05-10 02:33 AM
    It'll be fine. Stop worrying.

01-05-10 03:31 AM
    I think the biggest "danger" of using the OEM holster is the sheer fashion disaster of it all. It is quite large and fanny-pack-ish. Blech.
    I can see a girl having a problem with the "holster look" but for the sheer ease of getting to my phone 50-60 times a day, as a guy, I am glad I have it! I have found nothing that does the job better
    01-05-10 05:24 AM
    same here, been using oem holsters for years and never had a problem
    01-05-10 06:05 AM
    The beauty of damaging your phone in a year or two is that there will be a newer and better blackberry in the market.
    01-05-10 06:11 AM
    Mustard, isn't that called planned obsilesense? (Or however you spell that word!)

01-05-10 07:50 AM
    yea dont worry its fine my friend who is like super heavy sat on my 9700 though i teared, my phone is A ok
    01-05-10 09:43 AM
    Mustard, isn't that called planned obsilesense? (Or however you spell that word!)

Yes it is !
    01-05-10 12:03 PM
    thanks everybody.
    01-05-10 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD