I've never seen this icon before...the one next to 'linksys.' any one have an idea?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    12-24-12 11:55 AM
    it might be icon for home network wifi,,,,,,,,,does it dissapear if you shut it off or use other wifi (hotspots)?
    12-24-12 01:33 PM
    it was only there for about 15 minutes...I'm at my parents house for the holidays, never saw it at my house's wifi network or my parents either.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    12-24-12 11:31 PM
    It's a network extender icon.
    powderbanks likes this.
    12-25-12 09:27 PM
    What's the icon between the bridge and wifi symbols?
    12-25-12 09:53 PM
    It's a network extender icon.
    meaning?...i know cell reception is terrible in my parents house. a combination of a very old home and being in a little valley equates to very spotty service in the house. so are there more services running through the wifi?

What's the icon between the bridge and wifi symbols?
    the zodiac looking, circle with a plus and then the three arcs to the right of it? the arcs are for location services. if the location services are set to 'E911 Only', the arcs go away. not sure exactly what the circle one is, but i'm guessing something to do with gps/location info
    12-27-12 11:43 PM
    meaning?...i know cell reception is terrible in my parents house. a combination of a very old home and being in a little valley equates to very spotty service in the house. so are there more services running through the wifi?
    A network extender has nothing to do with the Wi-Fi signal. It's just the placement of the "little house" icon that's confusing.
    But it basically works like a mini tower in your own home, but I think coverage range is only about 50-60 feet from the network extender, so I'm assuming you picked up a neighbor's very faint signal (since it shows 0 bars). If you get close enough it will show full bars.

Regardless, Verizon sells them online (not cheap) but personally I have one cause we have really spotty signal at home.

Verizon Wireless Network Extender | Verizon Wireless
    powderbanks likes this.
    12-28-12 05:20 AM
    ^ ooh, right. yeah, my parents don't have one, though they probably should get one. it's odd since the closest neighbor is at least 100 yards away. oh well. thanks for the help
    01-04-13 10:27 AM
    linksys is the name of the service provider you're wifi is using @ that time,,, the other icon is your gps,,, w/ rings mean location service is on aiding map & traffic apps,etc,,, no rings =off & better battery life...
    01-04-13 10:42 AM