Help! I've downloaded the official BBM5.0 via blackberry.com/messenger and have done a battery pull but i'm still unable to see any of my contact's profile pics, and likewise, they can't see mine. i've ticked the option to replace Called ID Pictures with Display Pictures, and still no luck.

anybody else have this problem or knows how to solve this?
    10-08-09 12:15 AM
    I don't know how to solve it on your end, but I can tell you that pictures are updating on mine.
    10-08-09 12:50 AM
    Mine too, battery pull?
    10-08-09 12:51 AM
    same with me, at first it was showing all my contacts that i had linked with their facebook pictures. now it doesnt show a picture unless the contact updates their bbm picture.
    10-08-09 12:54 AM
    yeah i hace an 8900 i see most of my contacts pics i just spoke to a friend she has 8300 and i cant see hers and she cant see mine
    10-08-09 12:55 AM
    your other contacts have to have bbm5 installed too
    10-08-09 01:14 AM
    i know people who had bbm5 installed, i had their facebook picture there when i removed it theres no image at all now.
    10-08-09 01:21 AM
    yeah, i am refering to contacts who have also uploaded BBM5 and changed their profiles pics. unfortunately, i don't see anything. they're mostly javelin and bold users. but its strange that i still can't see anything.

and yes, i've already done a battery pull. i have no idea what else to do.
    10-08-09 01:32 AM
    yeah, i am refering to contacts who have also uploaded BBM5 and changed their profiles pics. unfortunately, i don't see anything. they're mostly javelin and bold users. but its strange that i still can't see anything.

my contact pictures populated over about 12 hours. Some showed up immediately but others seemed to take their sweet time. There didn't seem to be any relationship between carrier or phone model either

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 01:52 AM

maybe try resending service books, then battery pull
    10-08-09 01:53 AM
    thanks for e reply jberryg! this gives me some hope!!
    10-08-09 01:54 AM
    Linking a BBM contact to their address book entry seems to rectify Facebook images not displaying as BBM avatars.
    10-08-09 02:52 AM
    Mine was doing the same thing after I installed it. I did a battery pull (45 seconds) and it works fine now.
    10-08-09 03:09 AM
    It's not a bug. You guys don't have to do anything. Give it some time for the app to register with the network. It might take anywhere between and hour to 24 hours. Just go about doing whatever you do on BBM and the pictures will magically appear.
    10-08-09 03:23 AM
    my gf had the same problem. she did a battery pull while the phone was on voila, everything works as it should!
    10-08-09 05:33 AM
    that doesn't guarantee that all of the contacts pics will immediately appear. it takes some times for the pics to appear. just be patient. mine has loaded half of my 200+ contacts pics in about 4 hours.
    10-08-09 05:50 AM
    I had to scroll to each contact and hit the BB menu button and then"remove contact link". Then go ahead and re-add the contact link. Pics showed up immediately once I did that, but I had to do it for each contact. May not be necessary, but it worked. I didn't feel like waiting a day to see if they randomly appeared.
    10-08-09 06:34 AM
    well, it's been 24hrs and still nothing. my bbm contacts are also not linked to my phonebook contacts, so i guess i'll just have to wait and see.

thanks for the help guys!
    10-08-09 09:15 PM
    ok update: as of today, out of my entire contact list, i am able to see a grand total of 3 contacts. so this proves that they are coming in realllllll slow and i just have to be patient.

gd luck to all of u with this problem too!
    10-11-09 09:41 PM
    This is happening with me also.. Buttincheek, are you using an OFFICIAL operating system, or one of the leaked 5.0's?!..

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I "think" that all the pictures were there when I had BBM 5.0 on OS 4.7, but when I updated to OS 5.0.0.230, was when contact images had disappeared..

Seems weird as the majority of them are there, just a few oddballs that won't display, and they DO have one set.

I also have none of them connected to contacts or Facebook, so this has nothing to do with it..

Who knows?!..

Guess we'll wait and see..
    10-18-09 09:37 PM
    I had this same issue..

The fix was to remove and re-add the contacts that were missing (and make sure they updated their BBM client as well). Make sure they delete you as well..

All of mine have returned.
    10-18-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD