I rarely ever use BBM, I have a lot of friends that have blackberries but they don't really use it either, if they need to contact me they just text instead of BBM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 03:25 PM
    most likely not. but BBM is just as easy as SMS messages if not easier.

01-27-10 03:33 PM
    I use it and love it my wife and I text for free.
    01-27-10 03:35 PM
    I have it and dont really use it since most of my friends don't have a BB. Mostly use it for the group chats when I'm bored.
    01-27-10 03:36 PM
    I prefer to use BBM just because it doesnt count towards your txt messages. But I do have a few friends who have a BB and dont use BBM, so to answer your question, no you are not the only person who doesnt use BBM
    01-27-10 03:37 PM
    I rarely ever use BBM, I have a lot of friends that have blackberries but they don't really use it either, if they need to contact me they just text instead of BBM

If you have a lot of friends with berries then you all should try it out. I bet you would like it better.
    01-27-10 03:39 PM
    its good if you dont have unlimited texting, other wise most dont use it
    01-27-10 03:42 PM
    I don't see why you'd SMS, rather than BBM. It allows you to check if your friend has received and read your messages.

01-27-10 03:48 PM
    I never use bbm always text, some friends have berries and even my wife but there all on verizon so it does not matter how many I use. I think bbm is more of a pain cause with normal texts there all in 1 place.

01-27-10 03:55 PM
    I have a few friends that don't use it. You guys should all talk on BB....oh, wait
    01-27-10 03:55 PM
    Everyone I know with BB's will ALWAYS use BBM before SMS.

You don't have any if the limitations of SMS, and have a ton more options. With BBM I know whether they'll be responding immediately or if they're unavailable it may be a while. I can send my location on a map to them. I can update my contact info in their device automagically. Send pics, files, and voicenotes. Groupchat with multiple contacts. And more...

All correspondence is kept in a nice tidy format for easy retrieval.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 01-27-10 at 04:04 PM.
    01-27-10 03:58 PM
    I don't see why you'd SMS, rather than BBM. It allows you to check if your friend has received and read your messages.

Apparently this happens when sending Verizon to Verizon on some phones. I know my friends older Chocolate does it. I thought it was weird an cool all in the same.

As for using it, I do sometimes. I really only have about two or three friends with blackberries, so I don't get the chance much. I'd love it if more of my friends had BBs, especially the ones on Verizon, so we could just chat on BBM more. I don't, though.
    01-27-10 04:05 PM
    yes you are the only blackberry owner who doesn't use BBM, every other one on this planet uses it, whats the matter with you??????
    01-27-10 04:05 PM
    I don't cause I don't know anyone else that has a bb. I don't have a texting plan either. I would use it if I knew anyone................. then again I'm a pretty quiet person.
    01-27-10 04:19 PM
    I don't use it much.

01-27-10 04:24 PM
    I use it all the time. Most co-workers have blackberries and a bunch of friends and relatives do, too.

01-27-10 04:26 PM
    I use BBM much less than YM. I've got unlimited data so it's definitely more cost effective than sms.

01-27-10 04:31 PM
    I deleted it to free up memory. Huge memory hog and never used it. I have many professional colleagues that have BlackBerrys but very few of them that use BBM. Very few of my personal friends have BlackBerrys, so BBM is of little use.
    01-27-10 04:38 PM
    I deleted most of my apps on my Curve so I would have plenty of memory to use BBM all day log. And I do!!!!
    It's what I like most about my blackberry!
    01-27-10 04:42 PM
    BBM gets overworked on my device. Of the 3 or 4 people that I message that don't have bb's {iPhone users} I still send out 3-400 texts a month.
    01-27-10 04:44 PM
    Not used these days. No friends with BB and not much text messaging anyway. We e-mail or talk.

01-27-10 04:47 PM
    It's the only thing I use if my friend has a BlackBerry. Why use text when you can BBM for free?
    01-27-10 04:48 PM
    Forums, I like but I hate Text, IM or BBM. I prefer to TALK.

01-27-10 04:54 PM
    You dont know how nice BBM is until you travel overseas. I use it all the time.
    01-27-10 06:10 PM
    love bbm, but i only have one friend with a bb. So i only have one contact. Anybody want to be my friend?????
    01-27-10 06:15 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD