come check it out - bbtweaks.com |

the team that you have come to know and appreciate from Nathanix.com is now operating from BBTweaks.com

check out the site, and grab the latest 8330 hybrid
    06-14-10 03:26 PM
    Great hybrid Nik! V438.9.0 is working fantastic!
    06-15-10 08:07 AM
    come check it out - bbtweaks.com |

the team that you have come to know and appreciate from Nathanix.com is now operating from BBTweaks.com

check out the site, and grab the latest 8330 hybrid
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

07-04-10 08:20 AM
    I downloaded my first hybrid on my wife's 8330 curve, what I do wrong there is no ringtones or notifiers.

07-04-10 08:21 AM
    I downloaded my first hybrid on my wife's 8330 curve, what I do wrong there is no ringtones or notifiers.

There is a separate install to put ringtones on your SD card. Search bbtweaks website to find them.

07-04-10 07:17 PM

there is a ringtones file to download here-
    http://www.bbtweaks.com/BlackBerry/R...0ringtones.rar

download, unzip, and move the files to your memory card under "\Blackberry\Ringtones\"
    07-06-10 06:36 AM
    Can I use it on 8330m?
    08-21-10 12:00 PM
    Can I use it on 8330m?
    our hybrids? sorry, but no.
    08-23-10 06:53 AM
    As it stands right now, how many MB are left after a full install on this hybrid? Is it just a straight forward install aside from the ringtone issue?
    11-28-10 08:26 PM
    BBTweaks is known for their 8330 hybrids, but they also make great hybrids for other devices.
    11-28-10 11:16 PM
    As it stands right now, how many MB are left after a full install on this hybrid? Is it just a straight forward install aside from the ringtone issue?
    are you refering to our 8330 hybrid? i can load the full os with this hybrid, including ringtones, sample background pics, and a few select apps, and end up at about 18-20mb free.

for those interested, our website is now BB Tweaks
    11-29-10 06:49 AM
    I was thinking about loading your newest 8330 hybrid(v438.17.0), this would be a first for hybrids. I was always under the impression that the point of a hybrid was to save memory, but I'm using a stock Boost os and have 24mb left with one 3rd party theme and five 3rd party apps included. It was around 30mb of memory left before all of the theme/apps I loaded.

So am I wrong in thinking this regarding the point of hybrids being to save memory? Are there other benifits to loading a hybrid, and wouldn't my memory be dangerously low with the hybrid and my 6 apps I use? Thanks for your help.
    12-06-10 03:02 AM
    I was thinking about loading your newest 8330 hybrid(v438.17.0), this would be a first for hybrids. I was always under the impression that the point of a hybrid was to save memory, but I'm using a stock Boost os and have 24mb left with one 3rd party theme and five 3rd party apps included. It was around 30mb of memory left before all of the theme/apps I loaded.

So am I wrong in thinking this regarding the point of hybrids being to save memory? Are there other benifits to loading a hybrid, and wouldn't my memory be dangerously low with the hybrid and my 6 apps I use? Thanks for your help.
    loading our hybrid on your 8330 will make your device more memory stable. if you have 24mb free memory in your current configuration running the base boost mobile os, you should see an increase of about 3-5mb after loading and running our hybrid.

as always, if you have any questions about loading it, please let us know.
    12-06-10 06:53 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have complained about it before, but the memory leak on this os is terrible. It goes from 24mb's to 10mb or less in two days almost like clockwork. I do a soft reset or battery pull, and it jumps right back and then repeats the process. This is my first time experiencing this with a bb, and it is a nightmare. Otherwise, everything else is great, but I have still been thinking about loading a hybrid to solve the memory leak issue.
    12-07-10 01:06 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have complained about it before, but the memory leak on this os is terrible. It goes from 24mb's to 10mb or less in two days almost like clockwork. I do a soft reset or battery pull, and it jumps right back and then repeats the process. This is my first time experiencing this with a bb, and it is a nightmare. Otherwise, everything else is great, but I have still been thinking about loading a hybrid to solve the memory leak issue.
    i think you will be greatly impressed with the stability of our 8330 hybrid.
    12-08-10 07:33 AM
    I realize this thread is .. a bit old, but I suppose its the best place to inquire.

Specifically looking for the 8330 hybrid OS that used to be on bbtweaks.com. The owner(s) of the site shut it down pretty recently- within the last 3 months I'd say. Used to visit on occasion to see if there was any news, etc.

Anyway. I know the 8330 is somewhat of a primitive phone amongst smartphones, but I really have no reason to upgrade. Recently water-logged mine, and bought a replacement, exact model. Looking to upgrade the OS to how I had it.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
    It was an OS 5.x.x.x hybrid for the 8330 (not the 8330m).
    Last edited by ProoN; 08-28-12 at 01:20 AM.
    08-27-12 11:19 PM
    I realize this thread is .. a bit old, but I suppose its the best place to inquire.

Specifically looking for the 8330 hybrid OS that used to be on bbtweaks.com. The owner(s) of the site shut it down pretty recently- within the last 3 months I'd say. Used to visit on occasion to see if there was any news, etc.

Anyway. I know the 8330 is somewhat of a primitive phone amongst smartphones, but I really have no reason to upgrade. Recently water-logged mine, and bought a replacement, exact model. Looking to upgrade the OS to how I had it.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

It was an OS 5.x.x.x hybrid for the 8330 (not the 8330m).
    Send me a PM with your email I found on that I had for my 8330 its dated Jan 2011 and its a BB Tweaks Hybrid
    08-28-12 09:38 PM
    Email sent

Edit: PM, rather.
    Last edited by ProoN; 08-29-12 at 08:12 PM.
    08-29-12 03:53 PM
    check you email i sent you a link to the file too big to email
    08-29-12 10:24 PM
    Do you know if the link you sent was a hybrid or just a production release? Also, I do believe this is v4.5, judging by the filename-

8330AMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel319_PL3.4.0.62_A4.5.0.191.exe

Looking for the 5.0 hybrid they had up, so I'm going to refrain from installing it just yet. Greatly appreciate the response though.

Does anyone else have any info on the whereabouts of the original poster? Google'd their username and joined one of the other forums they apparently frequent, but no luck yet.
    09-06-12 02:01 AM
    It was a hybrid
    09-08-12 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD