Is anyone else noticing that after doing the OS update to 4.7.1.53 that the phone actually seems to be running slower? In the past 24hrs or so since i updated my Tour has frozen 2 times trying to exit from media. And it has just been all around slower scrolling thru different stuff. Just curious if im the only one who noticed.
    09-20-09 12:38 AM
    Not here. The phone is running faster than ever. Love the update.
    09-20-09 06:58 AM
    it runs a lot faster on .53 then .40
    09-20-09 07:02 AM
    I too am loving the update....trackball works better than ever and seem to have better battery life...or maybe I'm just kidding myself....but no slow down here!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 07:03 AM
    you might just have to take out the battery for about 20 seaconds..
    09-20-09 07:06 AM
    Yes restart the phone after you restore all of your apps and settings. Its also takes around 24 hours for the phone to get used to the new os. Let us know in a few days what you think. Mine is much faster

09-20-09 07:23 AM
    Yes restart the phone after you restore all of your apps and settings. Its also takes around 24 hours for the phone to get used to the new os. Let us know in a few days what you think. Mine is much faster

What the hell? 24 hours for the phone to get used to the new OS? Where did you hear this one from?

I agree with the OP, when I go to open up my pictures that I've taken it takes longer to load the picture for viewing after the OS update.

09-20-09 07:30 AM
    Is anyone else noticing that after doing the OS update to 4.7.1.53 that the phone actually seems to be running slower? In the past 24hrs or so since i updated my Tour has frozen 2 times trying to exit from media. And it has just been all around slower scrolling thru different stuff. Just curious if im the only one who noticed.
    This is EXACTLY what happens to me, frozen a few times after upgrade, and completely no response, try quick pull the battery out and reboot, same thing happens and it get even worst, machine keep frozen again, I finally downgrade back to .40 and it works fine without any problem...I got my copy from megaupload, I doubt it's not official version as I can't see if from verizon smithmicro site.
    09-20-09 07:49 AM
    What the hell? 24 hours for the phone to get used to the new OS? Where did you hear this one from?

I agree with the OP, when I go to open up my pictures that I've taken it takes longer to load the picture for viewing after the OS update.

no kidding pls, 24 hours for phone to get used to new OS?? are we talking about neural networks
    09-20-09 07:51 AM
    Thats the problem with these forums, people make up all kinds of crap and someone reads it and they are naive enough to believe it and spreads the nonsense even more..
    09-20-09 07:53 AM
    Mine runs Silky Smoove after the new O.S
    09-20-09 08:08 AM
    New update? It says no update available..
    09-20-09 08:12 AM
    I heard the new OS only works good if you do the hokey pokey IMMEDIATELY following download. I have the new OS and don't notice any difference except I had to redo all my apps login information.
    09-20-09 08:14 AM
    I think more appropriately it takes the user 24 hours to get used to an OS upgrade - to find the quirks. Some people will stil argue that the sky is purple just because they want to be right.

Cheers!

09-20-09 08:51 AM
    I am noticing fantastic results with the new update...the phone is measurably faster and movement between icons is crisp and certain...web pages load faster and my re-boot time has been cut in half...the update has been great to me.
    09-20-09 04:33 PM
    Question from new Tour user - Where do you get the new OS update?? Thanks.
    09-20-09 04:35 PM
    is this new OS official? where did u get it?

09-20-09 04:46 PM
    I do notice that the first time I run any program (native blackberry and third party app) after a battery pull, there is a delay of about half a second on launching it. There is no lag every subsequent time. The same goes for the pictures and video program, on first launch or first viewing of a picture (after a battery pull) its slow, but subsequent launches are smooth.

This goes away the next time I do a battery pull - the lag is back for the first launch.
    09-20-09 04:49 PM
    I have not received notification of the update. Hooked my tour up to bbdm and it said no updates avail. The o/s is not on vzw site did I miss something?

09-20-09 04:50 PM
    yea i looked on verizons site and didnt see anything. although i dont know that i want to update beca use my tour works flawlessly.

09-20-09 04:54 PM
    hello,

So how does one downgrade back to the original OS software? I am experiencing issues and would like to revert back.

Thanks!
    09-20-09 06:37 PM
    I have not received notification of the update. Hooked my tour up to bbdm and it said no updates avail. The o/s is not on vzw site did I miss something?

It was here and gone before you know it lol It came out, then RIM yanked the update for some odd reason so half us us upgraded before they yanked the official update.. i've never seen that happen before
    09-20-09 06:39 PM
    My DM indicated that the upgrade was available, so I downloaded it. I had an error during the installation (don't remember the exact wording) so I reverted to the original Tour OS...I thought.

Everything on my Tour showed that I was running the original OS (4.7.1.40), but when I went to Options --> About, the white information screen showed version 4.7.1.53!?!? That version was no where to be found on my PC or my Tour, except for that one screen showing it as the OS.

The Tour kept freezing and locking up, and DM was only recognizing it on occassion and would not recognize it at all if I attempted to use AppLoader for anything.

I finally decided to use JL_CMDR (after printing out all instructions for using JL_CMDR, reloading an OS on a nuked BB, and upgrading/downgrading an OS); I also redownloaded OS 4.7.1.40 directly from VZW so I knew that I was loading a clean version. With shaking hands, I completely wiped my Tour with JL_CMDR and eventually got DM to reload the OS.

It's a beautiful thing---I spent most of the day doing all of this and then redownloading my 3rd-party apps (I always keep the download information and the activation numbers or keys). I got everything up and running perfectly on the stock VZW theme and then downloaded my theme of choice (RedZapper's 3G). After setting that up, I'm back to where I was before downloading the new OS.

Actually, with the complete wipe my Tour seems to be running more quickly now, although I never had any significant lag. I was also more selective in the apps I downloaded, only downloading what I actually need/want rather than just downloading apps because I had room for them ("rebound effect" from coming from the 8830 with no memory).

I won't be so quick to update my OS in the future---I'll definitely wait to make sure that it's "officially official," that it isn't pulled within 24 hours, and to read any tips from CBers who update as soon as an OS is available.
    09-20-09 07:56 PM
    I haven't had any problems at all after the update. I think everything runs faster than before...it's great! I love my Tour
    09-20-09 09:19 PM
    after trying to install the .53 update for the second time and got the fatal error message. I unplugged my phone from the usb hookup and got a 4.7.65 white screen with a ring tones/ alerts and options lines underneath it. Very odd. Any way... I'm still trying to piece my phone together a day and a half after that RIM/Vzw fiasco!!!
    09-20-09 09:28 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD