Hello folks. My very-long 3-year jail term with Rogers Wireless ends in exactly one week. I have decided not to renew with Rogers and have no plans to sign up with another mobility provider. I won't have a telephone number to make phone calls, but what about being able to still use the Blackberry to access the Internet and check web-based emails. I understand I won't be able to use the POP3/IMTP email-push since that's a Blackberry service and would need a data plan, but I should still be able to use a web-based email like Gmail or Hotmail, right?

At home we have a wireless router but every time I try to use the wireless service (it shows up as being connected so that part is working) instead of the Rodgers EDGE I can't access anything. Only when I sign back on the Rodgers EDGE do I get the Internet and so forth.

Here are my settings for the Mobile Network where everything works spit-spot:

Data Services: Off When Roaming
    Connection Preference: Wi-Fi Preferred
    Mobile Network: ROGERS
    Network Selection Mode: Automatic

However when I change to use Wi-Fi only settings I get a "No Internet Connection" error message and can't do anything:

Data Services: Off When Roaming
    Connection Preference: Wi-Fi Only
    Mobile Network: *None*
    Network Selection Mode: Automatic

I changed the Browser Configurations to the following and still nothing on the Wi-Fi only connection:

Browser: Hotspot Browser
    Emulation Mode: Microsoft IE
    Start Page: Home Page
    Home Page Address: I used Google Canada as my home page (I can't post the link here as I haven't made 10 posts to the forum)

I have a Blackberry Curve 8320 and it definitely has WiFi connectivity which I asked Rogers Wireless to unlock when I first got the phone in December 2008. Now it is December 2011 and I need to find out how to set my BB to be able to connect to the Internet via my home wireless router after Rogers cuts me off? I hope there's someone out there that has the same BB as me and can direct me how to set things up. Thank you!
    12-22-11 03:25 AM
    Providing a fast reliable and secure internet connection, dedicated internet access is an �always on� solution that is great for companies who use a heavy amount heavy internet use and for users who need a high level of security and reliability. Dedicated internet access is also great for users who use high-bandwidth applications like e-commerce, or anyone running their own servers. With a dedicated connection to the internet, users can expand bandwidth as they deem necessary. Businesses who rely on internet services for the success of their business can have their needs met with dedicated internet access speeds from 1.5 to 10,000 Mpbs.
    For more detail visit:
    T1 Data and Internet Services - Dedicated Internet Access, Hosting Services, T1 Private Line Services
    03-20-12 01:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD