title says it all...
    11-29-08 06:39 PM
    A hard reset is also known as a battery pull without pulling the battery, do you mean a wipe handheld? is that what you are doing.. Im confused..

If you do a hard reset, nothing is lost.
    11-29-08 06:42 PM
    If by hard reset you mean a battery pull, all your contacts and other data should stay intact. But if you mean wiping your device and restoring to factory settings or reloading the operating system, all data will be erased from the device but can be restored using backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 06:46 PM
    my bad. yeah, I'm like, wiping everything to stop a problem. With a backup, will my BBM contacts remain? It's a pain to contact everyone again.
    11-29-08 06:46 PM
    If you wipe the device, it will restore to factory settings - your contacts wont be there... you can try to restore.

Now, do you want to do a wipe, or install another OS?
    11-29-08 06:48 PM
    okay, guys, here is a clear step-by-step of what I am going:

1. BACKING UP DATA

2. WIPING HAND HELD

3. GOING TO DESKTOP MANAGER -- UPLOAD BACKED UP DATA

4. Profit?

At stage 4, after I put the backup back on, will my BBM contacts move over?
    11-29-08 06:50 PM
    They *should* Ive seen a rare few that havnt, but logically, yes.

Can I ask why you are wiping?
    11-29-08 06:53 PM
    I have a weird glitch where I delete things from the address book and then a day later they re-appear. Verizon suggested I make my deletions, back it up, wipe, and then load everything back.

It's not a big deal to me since I can just back everything up but I don't want to have to get all 15 of my BBM contacts to accept my requests and what not all over again. Just annoying.
    11-29-08 06:56 PM
    It should restore from a back up yes.
    11-29-08 07:00 PM
    I had a problem. Posted this in the general discussion forum:

"I just wiped clean my BB. I put in the backup file I had created through the DM and it put things like the email, text, BBMs on, but files like Jivetalk, ALL of my games, Google Apps -- it's all gone! But I did a backup! Why did they not save? Can I get them back without the hours of DLing all my apps again?"
    11-30-08 12:42 AM
    a backup will save your data and contacts, but not third party apps as you found out. There is a way to back up third party apps, but you needed to do a search to find it. If you had simply been upgrading the apploader would have saved and restored them. Now you need to download your apps and set them up again. Here is a link to the procedure you needed -- in case you ever wipe again:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    11-30-08 01:05 AM
    Can I know how to restore my phone please?
    01-29-13 05:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD