Are they selling them with the OS 6.0? If not, will they?
    10-13-10 10:55 PM
    No carrier has officially released 6.0 for the 9650 yet.
    10-13-10 10:58 PM
    If you want it, download the leak. I didn't like it and downgraded back to the 5.0
    10-13-10 11:12 PM
    Will Verizon and Sprint release the new OS6 at the same time?
    10-14-10 11:18 AM
    Will Verizon and Sprint release the new OS6 at the same time?
    Doubtful. One carrier will likely pull the trigger first.
    10-14-10 04:44 PM
    Something tells me that's gonna take a while for carriers to make OS6 official.
    10-14-10 08:24 PM
    Something tells me that's gonna take a while for carriers to make OS6 official.
    ive only upgraded OS once when I had my Tour from 4 to 5 but if I remember correctly it didnt take Sprint very long to release & Verizon shortly after. I wish I could remember exactly how long because im pretty anxious for it.
    10-14-10 09:15 PM
    Official, soon. Preloaded? I don't think that'll happen, at least not for a while.
    10-15-10 12:50 AM
    Verizon is releasing something later today. Hopefully 6.0 but probably just a 5.XXXX upgrade. Here's hoping!
    10-15-10 10:31 AM
    Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez..... Everyone acts like 6.0 is the greatest thing since sliced bread and their phone is useless without it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 12:04 PM
    Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez..... Everyone acts like 6.0 is the greatest thing since sliced bread and their phone is useless without it

you mean it's not?
    10-15-10 04:27 PM
    If we're setting the bar at sliced bread, then I would have to say it is definitely better than that. Now if you want to compare it to a number of other things... The Great Pyramids, Roman Aqueduct system... Those are certainly better than OS6. Not exactly sure where I'd draw the line, but more than a lava lamp, less than one of the seven wonders. I mean, how great is sliced bread really? You've got a loaf of bread, you've got a knife...
    10-15-10 05:35 PM
    Official, soon. Preloaded? I don't think that'll happen, at least not for a while.
    Considering that vzw released OS5 .975 today I'm of the opinion that it will be at least a couple of months before they relese oficial BB6. I have no idea what Sprint will do at this point but my gut says they will do the same. One never knows, but I don't see official BB6 before ye.
    10-15-10 11:01 PM
    Considering that vzw released OS5 .975 today I'm of the opinion that it will be at least a couple of months before they relese oficial BB6. I have no idea what Sprint will do at this point but my gut says they will do the same. One never knows, but I don't see official BB6 before ye.
    That is based on the same logical fallacy as saying that since it's been 105 years since the last 100 year level flood for a river, that we're overdue for a major flood. It doesn't work that way.

I'm betting that even after OS6 is approved, VZW will probably put out one or even two more OS5 updates as long as RIM keeps supplying them. No one here will really pay much attention to that, being preoccupied with OS6, but for the few among us who actually manage to hold to their convictions about not upgrading to OS6, if indeed any do, there might be one or two further updates.

OS6 could still land on Monday or it could be several months from now. We don't know, but the release of .975 doesn't mean anything with regards to OS6.
    10-16-10 09:24 AM
    If we're setting the bar at sliced bread, then I would have to say it is definitely better than that. Now if you want to compare it to a number of other things... The Great Pyramids, Roman Aqueduct system... Those are certainly better than OS6. Not exactly sure where I'd draw the line, but more than a lava lamp, less than one of the seven wonders. I mean, how great is sliced bread really? You've got a loaf of bread, you've got a knife...
    Just your typical over-analayzed post of nonsense gibberish as usual. Can always count on you for going the extra 10 miles.

10-16-10 11:18 AM
    Just your typical over-analayzed post of nonsense gibberish as usual. Can always count on you for going the extra 10 miles.
    Coming from you, I take that as a compliment.
    10-16-10 11:26 AM
    Well it wasn't, so way to boost your already hugely inflated ego.

10-16-10 11:33 AM
    I'm not a techie by any means - perhaps just a bit because I know this site exists and it interests me, but I otherwise have no tech talent beyond point and click, so I'm always very leery of doing anything to my BB that may cause it to be bricked.

That said, I downloaded and installed the most recently leaked OS 6 on my VzW Bold 9650 on October 7th (my phone says it's OS 6, Bundle 850 - is that 6.0.850?) without deleting the vendor.xml file. I had seen a number of posts by others saying that they hadn't deleted the vendor.xml file when they loaded the leaked OS 6 and were having no trouble. In fact, I believe a couple of posters said they had seen a VzW or Sprint banner come up when they powered-on their phones. So, I tried it myself and I've had no problems at all.

I held off loading the earlier builds until I saw those posts, in particular, and it seemed that any problems people were complaining about with the most recent leaked OS 6 were generally inconsequential. On the build I downloaded, the VzW banner also comes up so perhaps it's a near-final beta for VzW?

I don't use many additional apps, but the ones I have work fine on OS 6 - Kayak, Weather Channel Max, Tx Hold 'em 3, White Noise, PodTrapper, GoogleMaps, Pandora, ESPN Radio and Yahoo IM.

Finally, the new browser in 0S 6 is a revelation, as are a bunch of other little things. Then again, this is what BB should have developed at least 2-3 years ago after the iPhone was introduced. RIM might not have taken as much of a hit, but that's just speculation on my part.

Give it a shot. All-in, it took me about 35 minutes to update my Bold 9650.

Thanks to everyone who took time to post their experiences with the leaked OS 6 - it helped me a lot when deciding what to do!
    Last edited by msnflier; 10-16-10 at 01:06 PM.
    10-16-10 01:03 PM

Listen up Pi Guy, 6.0's equivalent to the invention of the wheel, so get used to it! And just as you cannot write down a simple fraction that equals Pi, you cannot stop 6.0!
    10-16-10 04:11 PM
    Well it wasn't, so way to boost your already hugely inflated ego.
    Stop with the compliments already! You're making me blush!
    10-17-10 10:33 AM
    .280 is still far from ready IMO. It's a great stable OS but still way too many little annoying bugs.
    10-17-10 03:16 PM
    What makes OS 5.975 preferable to older versions? Is it worth downloading when waiting for OS 6.0? Anyone have a source for OS6.280?
    10-17-10 04:34 PM
    What makes OS 5.975 preferable to older versions? Is it worth downloading when waiting for OS 6.0? Anyone have a source for OS6.280?
    While the name gets bandied about far too often, there is something of a Luddite tendency that exists in a lot of people. But there are some people who are able to tolerate the unknown that comes with trying something new, and then there are those who will cower in fear and stick to what is safe and familiar. Generally we all alternate between these two depending on the circumstances. Some people are far more adventurous than I am when it comes to trying new restaurants, others probably wouldn't be wiling to pack up everything, move half a continent away from your nearest family member, and essentially start a whole new life.

Some people just like what is safe and familiar, and invent all kinds of fanciful reasons for why they claim they are sticking with what they have. Really, you have to wonder if it's us or themselves they're trying to convince.

Most of us who have tried OS6 tend to prefer it. It's not a major groundbreaking sort of release... It's more like a large collection of minor improvements. If you want to try it out for yourself, there's a thread for the leak over on the OS Beta forum.
    10-17-10 05:33 PM
    There are a few links that may work in the Beta forum for OS6. The reviews for .975 have been good so far (I haven't tried it I've been on OS6 since the 1st leak) If you aren't up for a couple bugs then .975 is the safe bet.
    10-17-10 06:15 PM
    Where can I get the leak from for 9650

10-17-10 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD