Alright, Since There Is No "Official" Finding & Fixes Thread For The Leaked 5.0.0.419 OS For The 9630 (Tour), I Decided To Create One. Remember, No "Downloading Now" Crap!

Positive Things In Blue
    Negative Things In Red

And PLEASE Don't Compare This To Other 5.0 OS's. Let's Just Keep To The Topic.

--------------------------------------------------------
    For Anyone Who Needs A Link To Download From, Here It Is.
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    01-04-10 09:17 PM
    Preferred roaming list actually successfully updates on sprint tour!!
    Next and previous buttons work with media player (encountered bug of song not playing on previous 5.0 builds)
    Data profile successfully updates
    Extremely fast!
    01-04-10 09:24 PM
    New voice for the voice dialer. She actually sounds a bit intoxicated when pronouncing words with three or more syllables!.
    Lag appears to have disappeared.

3G replaced by EV.
    Last edited by PaulM-D; 01-05-10 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Color
    01-04-10 10:31 PM
    I'm getting a device registered email after every restart/batt pull and an uncaught exception about the bb phone app.....Great
    01-04-10 10:37 PM
    Option to switch between Zen and Today theme in the option menus.
    01-04-10 10:54 PM
    new cool icons on the camera bar at the bottom
    01-04-10 11:10 PM
    Ok it seems with the sms text its not sync to my contact list anymore I use to have the contact pic in the avatar but its blank now. when I go to compose a sms text from the sms and mms i use to type the first letters in someone name and their information would come up. Its not a big deal to me just was wondering if anyone else see this.....
    01-04-10 11:27 PM
    Ok it seems with the sms text its not sync to my contact list anymore I use to have the contact pic in the avatar but its blank now. when I go to compose a sms text from the sms and mms i use to type the first letters in someone name and their information would come up. Its not a big deal to me just was wondering if anyone else see this.....
    Ok a old faithfull batt. full seemed to fix that.....
    01-04-10 11:29 PM
    Did a full wipe before installing this. It's absolutely perfect.. Running so good.. No problems at all.
    01-04-10 11:33 PM
    Boot time seems to be much faster (maybe as much as twice as fast) then .230. Anyone else noticing this?
    01-04-10 11:37 PM
    Nice.. Running smooth. Only thing i miss is the 3G icon
    01-04-10 11:40 PM
    I was using the official OS release prior to installing this leak. The leaked OS seems to get better after about 2 battery pulls....

Much Faster response
    Fixes Berry Weather Lag Issue
    Seems to have a more polished feel to options etc
    Stronger signal. Gone from 1 to 3-4 bars at my desk
    Threaded SMS

This could be related to me importing my old messages..
    SMS still organized by day
    I preferred the M$Mobile style of just having a list of names for SMS and the names sorted by how recent the TM's have been.
    01-04-10 11:43 PM
    +Stronger signal, mostly, though I see the same amount of bars. Signal does not seem jumpy (problem on earlier 5.0s, at least.)
    +Browser is WAY faster than on previous builds. It is quite snappy now.
    -Has not fixed problems I have with Google Maps and excessive hourglass. To be fair, this may not be the OS's fault.

Here is a list of things others have noticed I have not noticed:
    *Superquick (5 minute?) Installs. Mine took a more normal 20ish minutes.
    *Superquick boots,but to be fair I have only rebooted once.

I'm on Sprint and have run it for about 3 hours now.
    Sorry for deviating from the format a bit, but the mobile site doesn't do color coding. Remarkably on topic thread! Congrats everybody!

-Stephen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 12:19 AM
    - An error in restoring my sms' from a 230 hybrid - sms' from some contacts appear properly threaded, sms' from other contacts are separated into two threads, one with messages I received and one with messages I sent, sort of negating the whole point behind threaded sms...
    - Popups and menus still have a solid grey background, versus black with a slight transparency effect for official OS'
    + PRL list is retained after a battery pull (VZ), i.e. no more need to *228 after every reboot
    + Viigo bug with scrolling in articles is fixed
    Last edited by rlin5741; 01-05-10 at 01:01 AM.
    01-05-10 12:41 AM
    Nice.. Running smooth. Only thing i miss is the 3G icon
    I did notice that it was gone too, but I dont get why this is even worth mentioning. 1XEV is 3G...so i dont see what the big deal is. My phone can call the connection whatever it wants to as long as my bb finally WORKS and does what it is supposed to.

All my apps work fine
    Socialscope
    FourSquare
    BeeJive IM
    and more
    01-05-10 12:49 AM
    + PRL list is retained after a battery pull (VZ), i.e. no more need to *228 after every reboot
    + Viigo bug with scrolling in articles is fixed
    01-05-10 01:00 AM
    + Considerably faster bootup time (each batt pull lets me boot up faster, I'm currently at 3 min)
    + Threaded SMS bug FIXED
    + PRL bug w/ Verizon showing 0 after batt pull FIXED
    + Media player bug FIXED
    + VAD voice updated
    + Camera mode, delete icon in red and save icon in blue
    + Theme option layout updated

- Duplicate icons for Video, Picture folders
    (But this might have to do with specific themes I'm running)

So far well worth losing my 3g icon.
    Last edited by berryloko; 01-05-10 at 01:16 AM.
    01-05-10 01:04 AM
    the only thing I do not care to much about is how to shaded top of the screen and shaded bottom of the screen is back on this build. I liked having a full wallpaper on the screen without having these shaded areas.

other wise, I love this build! I hope this becomes official for all to have
    01-05-10 05:46 AM
    +1 on the shaded thing.

I came from 5.11 .230 build and my biggest differences i see after these few hours are
    Better signal
    media player doesnt hang after first song
    i havent seen the stupid lag clock (knock on wood)
    boot time seems to be better(about 4 mins from 8+)
    battery seems to be better too
    quick pull actually works again
    PRL works and holds

shaded wallpaper at home screen
    registration after every restart
    01-05-10 07:19 AM
    the 2 issues for me is 1: my Y! email icon is gone. I still have my yahoo email account, but the icon changed in the load up of the OS. It is now identical to my sprint.blackberry.net email account. I miss my Y! email icon cuz thats how i could of course tell the difference between my accounts without having to go over it and wait for it to say it at the top. also every time i reboot i get that blackberry registration email. its irritating. battery life doesn't seem to be too good either, but its still too early to tell.

On the positive...reboot time is way faster for me. it normally took about 5-6 minutes before, now its just 2-3 minutes top. once they fix these 2 little bugs, this OS will be great!
    01-05-10 08:12 AM
    i seem to get the hour glass quite a bit. It only last a couple of seconds but do seem to get it quite a bit. I am wiping the phone and then restarting
    01-05-10 08:21 AM
    -i get the "your blackberry has been registered" email after reboot.

-Stephen

01-05-10 08:25 AM
    another issue....all my apps have disappeared from bb app world. it says: NO APPLICATIONS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR MY WORLD ACCOUNT. this really isn't a big deal cuz i saved all the emails that contained my activation codes and all my apps are up and running. well at least it freed up memory lol
    01-05-10 08:43 AM
    another issue....all my apps have disappeared from bb app world. it says: NO APPLICATIONS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR MY WORLD ACCOUNT. this really isn't a big deal cuz i saved all the emails that contained my activation codes and all my apps are up and running. well at least it freed up memory lol
    Same thing happened to me, I just signed in and then it listed my apps.
    01-05-10 08:51 AM
    So far, I'm am not liking this leak. I've had it on my Tour since yesterday, and I have a huge memory leak. Last night when I went to put it on to charge, I had 97mb and when I woke up, I have 78mb. This is with about 10 apps and 2 themes.

Another issue is my gmail account. I always get 2 icons when I switch themes. Then, when I send an email, I lose one icon. Plus, berrybuzz isn't working for gmail.

Those are my 2 main gripes with this leak. I'm going to be going back to 4.7.61

01-05-10 09:08 AM
105 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD