Help me, please. I am trying to follow your instructions, but have hit a roadblock. I downloaded and installed BBSAK (v 1.7) onto my computer. I downloaded the files for the Registration Email fix and the Reduce the Browser Requesting Time patch. The fixes loaded as .rar files and I put them both ino a folder. My issue is how do you decompress them? BBSAK only looks for .cod files so it sees doesn't see the .rar files when I look into the folder. How do I install them? Thanks.
    03-11-10 07:34 PM
    .rar files are like .zip files - compressed and contain a file or files that must be unpacked into their respect cod files. You might double click on the rar files and see if anything on your computer can open them. If not, you will need a .rar unpacker.
    03-11-10 08:27 PM
    Help me, please. I am trying to follow your instructions, but have hit a roadblock. I downloaded and installed BBSAK (v 1.7) onto my computer. I downloaded the files for the Registration Email fix and the Reduce the Browser Requesting Time patch. The fixes loaded as .rar files and I put them both ino a folder. My issue is how do you decompress them? BBSAK only looks for .cod files so it sees doesn't see the .rar files when I look into the folder. How do I install them? Thanks.
    i'm assuming you're on windows (as most people are) - google "winrar" and install it. it will unpack the rar file for you.
    03-11-10 11:53 PM
    Hey Ragnarokx!! I went to that link to download that BBSAK, and there is several! i assume i want the 1.7 but there is 3 mirrors! wich one do i download??
    Thanx!!!
    03-13-10 07:46 PM
    Hey Ragnarokx!! I went to that link to download that BBSAK, and there is several! i assume i want the 1.7 but there is 3 mirrors! wich one do i download??
    Thanx!!!
    a "mirror" is the same file hosted on a different website, so you can use any of them.
    03-13-10 09:18 PM
    Thanx again ! Ragnarokx!!
    03-14-10 07:45 AM
    Just updated for the V2 browser request fix.
    I didnt get a broswer icon back. So i requested my Service books. Got them.. but still no browser. How long should it take for the BB to figure out the browser
    If it should be instant? If so, what can i do to go back to how it was.
    I rebooted and got an uncaught application error.
    what should I do to fix my browser?
    Last edited by slvrscoobie; 03-14-10 at 08:13 PM.
    03-14-10 07:47 PM
    Just updated for the V2 browser request fix.
    I didnt get a broswer icon back. So i requested my Service books. Got them.. but still no browser. How long should it take for the BB to figure out the browser
    If it should be instant? If so, what can i do to go back to how it was.
    I rebooted and got an uncaught application error.
    what should I do to fix my browser?
    Next to your device model it says you're running 4.7 - if that's true then these patches will not work for you. You need to either download 4.7 and install it on your computer and manually pick out the equivalent cod files and reinstall them, or reinstall 4.7 completely.
    03-15-10 09:45 PM
    no im using 5.0, i reinstalled the fixes and now it works MUCH faster now
    03-15-10 10:01 PM
    ragnarokx
    what hybrid are u running this days ...
    i am also on sprint with tour ... have driphter 7.1 version on phone and having issue with browser icon not showing up, meaning internet doesnt work sometimes after reboot and berryweather not updating as well ...

looking to try a new hybrid .. but there are so many versions on driphter ... looking for a recommendation .. can u help out ?
    04-01-10 01:40 PM
    I have not tried driphter's latest (Dv10), but I heard some complaining about browser requesting lag along with a few uncaught exceptions. Right now I'm running mrbracht's .607 full java over official .591 base. It's a very nice combo, I'll probably stick with it for a while. Here's a link: Tour 9630 .607 Full Java
    04-01-10 02:45 PM
    I have not tried driphter's latest (Dv10), but I heard some complaining about browser requesting lag along with a few uncaught exceptions. Right now I'm running mrbracht's .607 full java over official .591 base. It's a very nice combo, I'll probably stick with it for a while. Here's a link: Tour 9630 .607 Full Java
    do u use meterberry/quickpull/shazam?

do scheduled reboots work for u and does shazam work?

running into any issue with click to zoom in browser?
    04-01-10 03:04 PM
    Meterberry works, I don't use quickpull/scheduled reboots or shazam. No browser link issues for me since I use the enter button instead of the trackball to click links.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 03:57 PM
    I finally got around to installing that registration message fix. I think this is the best release of 5.0 don't know why people are bothering with anything else.
    04-01-10 11:29 PM
    I finally got around to installing that registration message fix. I think this is the best release of 5.0 don't know why people are bothering with anything else.
    .484 is a really great OS. I would still be using a hybrid of it but I have the same problem with OS's as I do with girls - I always want the newest and hottest.

04-02-10 11:34 AM
    shazam doesn't work stiil, I don't know about quick pull, but .607 you should defiantly try if you're using .591 and DV10 is pretty good alternative, I recommend .607 for its quick browser and boot times, both are very stable

04-02-10 04:40 PM
    change 1XEV to 3G for Verizon users - credit goes to mrbracht
    Is anyone else not able to download this or am I special?
    04-04-10 02:17 AM
    Is anyone else not able to download this or am I special?
    Link seems to be down. Try this one: Driphter.com - Mrbracht 3G Patch for 484 Java
    04-06-10 12:02 AM
    The "K" button no longer password locks my phone. I have searched and cannot find a fix for this. Anyone else having this issue?
    04-17-10 06:52 AM
    Google it.
    Not a bug.
    It's the way the new OS's are setup.
    And I found the solution by searching for it using your first sentence.
    Good luck.
    04-17-10 10:53 AM
    True. Not exactly sure why RIM changed it but things are different in 5.0. My guess is that they thought the 4.7 implementation was "wrong" and "fixed it" in 5.0. Meanwhile, some of us Tour users had gotten used to the 4.7 way and think the 5.0 way is "broken" or at best confusing.

Bottom line is (at least on my Tour 9630 run 5.0.0.484):
    - upper left Lock icon key turns off the screen and keyboard but doesn't require a password to unlock even when you have Options->Password->Password: Enabled
    - upper right key Mute icon key now only does mute function (that's apparently the 4.7 feature they "fixed")
    - the Password Lock app icon will turn off the screen and require a password to unlock the keyboard (when you have Options->Password->Password: Enabled)
    - the hardcoded speed dial A called "Lock keypad" turns off the screen but doesn't require a password to unlock the keyboard when you have Options->Password->Password: Enabled
    - the speed dial K is no longer hardcoded assigned to anything (IIRC it was on the 8330 running 4.5) and of course, you can't assign them to anything but phone numbers (thankyou, RIM. Sigh.)
    - I've never seen a way to reassign the upper left Lock key to do anything else like Password Lock.

The 3rd-party app VersaTools doesn't support reassigning the Lock key either but that may be either a RIM API limitation or just something they haven't implemented yet. I've assigned double-press-Mute to do that with VersaTools.

Especially for those of us with device passwords, RIM has confused us former 4.7 users by having multiple definitions of "Lock" scattered through doc, apps, and icons. Given it takes them a year to do anything even incremental, you'd think that was enough time for them to think things through.
    04-17-10 11:41 AM
    never said it was a bug...worked on 591

I have a password and i have the icon...the k key is unassigned in speed dial and i need to know how to assign it..and NO the stuff that Google brought up did not work.
    04-17-10 02:42 PM
    04-17-10 06:59 PM
    do you know which .cod the speed dial is stored in?
    04-17-10 07:37 PM
    I can't figure out how to change the Default charset (ISO-8859-1) to anything other than something from the pull-down menu. Am I missing something?

I successfully installed Browser Patch v 2.0. Does v 1.0 need to be installed too?

Thanks
    05-08-10 03:12 PM
158 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD