Browser is definately faster for me...thanks!!!!
    02-13-10 01:49 AM
    Are there any verizon users that are having success with 484?
    02-13-10 11:10 AM
    I've downloaded 484 and the fixes. My verizon Tour is performing better than ever, browser is fast.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-13-10 11:42 AM
    The 3G patch didn't work for me. All COD files loaded successfully, it just still says 1EXV. What am I missing?
    02-13-10 05:13 PM
    You're on Sprint, the 3G patch is for Verizon.
    Last edited by catseyenu; 02-14-10 at 01:45 PM. Reason: added "3G" for clarity
    02-13-10 05:17 PM
    You're on Sprint, the patch is for Verizon.
    the browser patch?? no one ever said its just for verizon....
    02-13-10 05:39 PM
    The browser patch will work with any carrier. 3G patch only works on VZW, reg e-mail fix only works on Sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 07:31 PM
    what does the 3g patch do? just show 3g instead of 1XEV?
    02-13-10 07:33 PM
    Pretty much.
    02-13-10 11:41 PM
    what does the 3g patch do? just show 3g instead of 1XEV?
    Seems to be a huge deal to some users.There are many threads about this topic...

I think its a moot point.
    02-14-10 09:58 AM
    Many users are reporting issues/complaints with the .484 radio. I will agree that while running straight or mostly all .484 modules, the .484 radio was garbage. However, since rolling back to some older hybrids (ie .45x) I have found the .484 radio actually speeds up and smooths out the OS altogether. I am not sacrificing any signal and it runs beautifully.

If you want to run mostly .484 java i'd stick with the .419 radio....
    02-14-10 12:49 PM
    I think this .484 radio is awesome! way better than before
    02-14-10 02:46 PM
    Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-14-10 03:06 PM
    Many users are reporting issues/complaints with the .484 radio. I will agree that while running straight or mostly all .484 modules, the .484 radio was garbage. However, since rolling back to some older hybrids (ie .45x) I have found the .484 radio actually speeds up and smooths out the OS altogether. I am not sacrificing any signal and it runs beautifully.

If you want to run mostly .484 java i'd stick with the .419 radio....
    It seems the majority of users having problems with the .484 radio are non-Sprint users. Hopefully when/if .484 is widely released it should work better for all non-Sprint users. For me at least, .484 is the best yet for os speed and signal. The only thing lacking is browser speed, which is why I made this thread, for users in the same position.

Also, I should be posting a new browser patch soon that I am currently using. It's actually faster/has less requesting time than the .421 patch.
    02-14-10 05:24 PM
    Any fix for the standby button? After .484 it doesn't work anymore
    02-16-10 08:27 AM
    Any fix for the standby button? After .484 it doesn't work anymore
    In my opinion it was improved - the standby button was combined with the lock button, so you get both in one. It really helps with battery life.

But a few hybridizers are working on isolating the files to revert back to the original configuration for users that want it; I will post it here as soon as they "crack the code".
    02-16-10 09:33 AM
    Yeah the button issue is not a problem, I think the change made plenty of sense

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 09:45 AM
    i installed the internet speeder higlighed all the files at once and loaded them. For some reason it only said net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod (which is the first .cod) was successfully installed. The internet didnt see, to speed up at all did it load properly or should i load individually?
    02-16-10 05:01 PM
    would the 3g icon work for me? i am on telus using .484
    02-16-10 08:00 PM
    i installed the internet speeder higlighed all the files at once and loaded them. For some reason it only said net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod (which is the first .cod) was successfully installed. The internet didnt see, to speed up at all did it load properly or should i load individually?
    Try splitting the browser patch files into three equal parts, and doing 3 separate installs.

would the 3g icon work for me? i am on telus using .484
    Unfortunately the patch only works if you're on Verizon
    02-16-10 11:06 PM
    After reading this thread I'm a little confused. If I'm with sprint and if I install .484, should I also install *reduce browser "Requesting" time/increase speed* or will this only increase speed with Verizon service?

Does installing this fix, *requesting time/increase speed* change any of the new features on the new OS .484?

I haven't upgraded anything yet, my 9630 is only 2 weeks old. I'm a new BB user and a little nervous. I planned on using DM to do the OS upgrade. If I upgrade the OS is it a sure thing that I will lose my downloaded apps (like google maps)? Can I just download them again if they show up missing? I know you will probably recommend the BBSAK program but being so new to BB's I'm worried that I'll mess it up. Is there any harm in unchecking the Portuguese language support before I upgrade with DM since I only speak English? (Sorry for the dumb questions.)

ETA: I have v4.7.1.57 now.
    Last edited by fastbreak; 02-17-10 at 03:29 AM.
    02-17-10 03:19 AM
    In my opinion it was improved - the standby button was combined with the lock button, so you get both in one. It really helps with battery life.

But a few hybridizers are working on isolating the files to revert back to the original configuration for users that want it; I will post it here as soon as they "crack the code".
    While I do like using the lock button now I'd still rather have my standby button working and not be a pseudo button. I've read up that there are some hybrids out that fix this, I'll try them. Don't see how Sprint could let this slip through as official without testing these buttons.
    02-17-10 08:53 AM
    After reading this thread I'm a little confused. If I'm with sprint and if I install .484, should I also install *reduce browser "Requesting" time/increase speed* or will this only increase speed with Verizon service?

Does installing this fix, *requesting time/increase speed* change any of the new features on the new OS .484?

I haven't upgraded anything yet, my 9630 is only 2 weeks old. I'm a new BB user and a little nervous. I planned on using DM to do the OS upgrade. If I upgrade the OS is it a sure thing that I will lose my downloaded apps (like google maps)? Can I just download them again if they show up missing? I know you will probably recommend the BBSAK program but being so new to BB's I'm worried that I'll mess it up. Is there any harm in unchecking the Portuguese language support before I upgrade with DM since I only speak English? (Sorry for the dumb questions.)

ETA: I have v4.7.1.57 now.
    The browser patch will work on both Sprint and Verizon. The only patch that is for Verizon users only is the 3G icon patch.
    The only feature the browser patch changes in .484 is the slow browser.
    When you upgrade your OS OTA through DM there is an option to backup and restore your third party apps, however you could also just download them again and reinstall (for paid apps, make sure you can still download any apps you previously bought if you go this route).
    You will be presented with language options while installing .484 through DM, so yes you can uncheck unused languages.

While I do like using the lock button now I'd still rather have my standby button working and not be a pseudo button. I've read up that there are some hybrids out that fix this, I'll try them. Don't see how Sprint could let this slip through as official without testing these buttons.
    That's just it though - Sprint didn't let anything "slip through." This new and improved lock/standby hybrid button is intended. You will start seeing it on all OS versions.
    You do realize that now when you hit lock, it is not only locking your phone but putting it in standby as well to save battery power right?
    If you want to revert back to the old lock and standby buttons though, I would recommend mrbrachet's newest hybrid, Tour 9630 .459/.497.
    02-17-10 12:22 PM
    im gettin use to the now lock/standby button but the only issue im having is it would lock or go into standby when u holster the phone like the wait use to !!! i have it set to lock when holstered but nothing happens
    02-17-10 01:40 PM
    The browser patch will work on both Sprint and Verizon. The only patch that is for Verizon users only is the 3G icon patch.
    The only feature the browser patch changes in .484 is the slow browser.
    When you upgrade your OS OTA through DM there is an option to backup and restore your third party apps, however you could also just download them again and reinstall (for paid apps, make sure you can still download any apps you previously bought if you go this route).
    You will be presented with language options while installing .484 through DM, so yes you can uncheck unused languages.

That's just it though - Sprint didn't let anything "slip through." This new and improved lock/standby hybrid button is intended. You will start seeing it on all OS versions.
    You do realize that now when you hit lock, it is not only locking your phone but putting it in standby as well to save battery power right?
    If you want to revert back to the old lock and standby buttons though, I would recommend mrbrachet's newest hybrid, Tour 9630 .459/.497.
    Can the standby button be set to do something else? Just don't like it not having a function, I'm all for the new locking and standby feature.
    02-17-10 02:54 PM
158 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD