I took 3 reboots to make it work again. However, the original problem is not fixed.
    12-20-10 06:25 PM
    I took 3 reboots to make it work again. However, the original problem is not fixed.
    You'll need to adjust the times for it to go into bedside mode. Check your clock settings. Make sure bedside mode is enabled, restrict to certain hours, adjust time & check it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 06:30 PM
    Reinstalled COD. Rebooted. Doesn't work at all. Had to reload OS to get clock back. I'm not adding this COD again.....
    Last edited by CXXXV; 12-20-10 at 06:48 PM.
    12-20-10 06:45 PM
    Reinstalled COD. Rebooted. Doesn't work at all. Had to reload OS to get clock back. I'm not adding this COD again.....
    I think you were smart to reload your OS because something else was wrong. This should be a simple fix.

12-20-10 07:21 PM
    What does RIM have to say about this? I checked the website and could not find anything helpful.

Kathy
    12-28-10 06:36 PM
    What does RIM have to say about this? I checked the website and could not find anything helpful.

Kathy
    I have never heard of RIM commenting on any of the carrier OS releases.

12-28-10 06:47 PM
    So you have an issue with bedside mode not popping up on 5.0.0.983 when on the wall charger right? Don't Worry, your boys over at BB Tweaks have you covered! This issue popped up in 895 and I was able to hybrid it out.

1. Download the fix HERE
    2. Extract the file to your PC
    3. Use BBSAK or BBMCP to push the files to your BB or you can copy and paste the extracted files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.983_P4.2.0.427\Java and run the app loader.
    I have created a .alx file to go along with the .cod file. I used the .alx file to put this fix on my 9550 using the Desktop Manager for Mac. I tried first to do a .jad file, but couldn't figure out the syntax.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12027194/ClockFix.alx
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12027194/net..._clock_lib.cod
    12-29-10 03:02 PM
    Thank you this did fix my issue and it works fine now
    01-02-11 12:49 PM
    To the OP and everyone on the thread, thank you very much.
    I just stumbled onto this thread while searching for a fix to this "bedside bug" and am so happy that it worked so well.

Thanks again.
    01-04-11 08:34 PM
    Just curious... I won't be able to install the fix until tonight. Aside from not automatically entering the bedside mode when plugged in, when the bedside mode is manually started the screen dims as it should but then goes completely blank after a few more seconds. Does this fix correct that as well?

Thanks,
    Bob
    01-05-11 07:20 AM
    Just curious... I won't be able to install the fix until tonight. Aside from not automatically entering the bedside mode when plugged in, when the bedside mode is manually started the screen dims as it should but then goes completely blank after a few more seconds. Does this fix correct that as well?

Thanks,
    Bob
    Yes

01-05-11 07:37 AM
    I am trying to help my dad with this fix.

He has a 9550 with v. .1015. I followed the instructions and pushed the fix but the bedside mode still doesn't work.

I rebooted several times and checked that fix was still there. Changed several clock and bedside options etc. but still joy.

Anyone else have any ideas? My dad also uses this as a travel alarm clock on a weekly basis and it is driving him nuts.
    01-07-11 11:01 PM
    Thank you. This fixed 5.0.0.1015
    01-08-11 09:58 AM
    Finally...had to reset the .1015 OS and then re-install the fix...

Phone was automatically entering bedside mode when docked, but i had to exit bedside mode then enter it again and it works like a charm.
    01-08-11 08:14 PM
    So you have an issue with bedside mode not popping up on 5.0.0.983 when on the wall charger right? Don't Worry, your boys over at BB Tweaks have you covered! This issue popped up in 895 and I was able to hybrid it out.

1. Download the fix HERE
    3. Use BBSAK or BBMCP to push the files to your BB or you can copy and paste the extracted files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.983_P4.2.0.427\Java and run the app loader.
    Good God, I never used BBSAK before. I just downloaded it and installed the clock COD in no-time flat.

Pretty impressive for a 50-something.

The phone is in the process of rebooting. I've got my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help!
    01-11-11 02:17 PM
    I have a Storm 2 and have upgraded to v 5.0.0.1015. My clock no longer stays on when being charged. I appreciate your instructions but they are a bit too technical for me and don't understand how to carry them out. Thanks.
    01-13-11 06:19 PM
    Ok. I start this thread even though there are other threads on the subject. For those of you that are like me and looked at the bedside mode fix that is all over the forum but had no idea how to execute it. Here are simple terms and step by step instructions. Hope this helps.

Here are the instructions, that are all over the forum.
    Originally Posted by jcporter

1. Download the fix HERE (http://www.bbtweaks.com/BlackBerry/O...Mode%20Fix.rar)

Here is what I did to make it work.
    1. Click on that here link (or copy and paste address, here link may have become inactive when I copied to this thread), save to desktop (or where ever you want that you can find it again) I am running windows xp.
    2. I googled �free rar extract files� found and downloaded Free RAR Extract Frog 2.5, Free RAR Extract Frog - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com I am sure there are other great programs that will do the job. I downloaded the frog and followed the on screen instructions which prompted me to extract the file I saved to my desktop.
    3. I didn�t even know what BBSAK was so I googled BBSAK found their official web site BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife I then plugged in my storm 2, launched BBSAK by clicking on the icon on my desktop, clicked on the Modify CODs found my extracted files on my desktop named bedside mode fix opened the file and BBSAK did the rest including reboot my phone.

So, yes, simple once you know wt* to do! Hope this saves a few people a few steps of searching.
    Good Luck, and sleep well tonight knowing your berry is all fixed.
    LCromwell and crackerjaxx like this.
    01-14-11 10:20 PM
    I did what you said, and it all seemed to work, until I tried bedside mode in my BB Cradle and it went to a blank screen.
    Well when I went to bed tonight guess what, it works now just like my old S1 did before I updated it. So yes this is a fix!
    Last edited by LCromwell; 01-16-11 at 04:45 AM.
    01-15-11 04:36 PM
    Thank You.

I used BBSAK to push the .cod to my 9550. I did not have those files in those locations on my computer.

Good to have my alarm clock back.
    01-25-11 05:55 PM

1. Download the fix HERE
    I have d/l the fix but it is a "rar" file and neither the 1) app loader, nor 2) BBSAK, nor 3) BBMCP seems to be able to see the file. It is looking for a "cod" file. How do I get this program to load? Am i supposed to covert this file somehow to make it into a "cod" file? Please help! Extremely Frustrated.
    01-27-11 01:19 AM
    I have followed your exact instructions and have tried installing the file via the App loader, as well as the BBSAK or BBMCP, and none worked since all of these programs require a "cod" file and could not read the "rar" file format which I d/l from your link. Is there a way to convert the "rar" file to "cod"? What am I doing wrong? I am a newbie so please explain in "plain english" and avoid the techy terms. Thank you, Jim
    01-27-11 02:41 AM
    I have followed your exact instructions and have tried installing the file via the App loader, as well as the BBSAK or BBMCP, and none worked since all of these programs require a "cod" file and could not read the "rar" file format which I d/l from your link. Is there a way to convert the "rar" file to "cod"? What am I doing wrong? I am a newbie so please explain in "plain english" and avoid the techy terms. Thank you, Jim
    Step 2 tells you to "extract" the file.
    01-27-11 05:00 AM

1. Download the fix HERE
    I appreciate the help but just don't understand what to do. Evidently BBSAK is something you have to buy? Then I don't get what you're supposed to do once you have that. HELP!
    01-27-11 11:38 AM
    The .rar is a compressed file and can be opened with WinZip or WinRar. BBSAK is free to use and the publisher solicits donations. Hope this helps.
    01-27-11 12:24 PM
    I'm not even sure what I did, but so far the clock has stayed on!!!!!!! I didn't even finish doing the routine!!!!!
    01-27-11 07:03 PM
141 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD