Cromwell:
    I'm at work so I don't have my home computer with me, but as I remember:
    First, download "the fix" (which is a .cod file) by hitting the link in the OP's first post. Save this file to a separate location. I have a Blackberry folder in "My Documents" where I put files like this.

Go to bbsak.org and click the download link. Click the "free" download link on the second page. I saved the installer to my desktop. Install bbsak on your computer. (I downloaded the Free App rather than the full one. It has a "nag screen" but I don't expect I will use the program enough to justify the Full Version)

Once you have BBSAK installed, click the new Icon on your desktop.
    Plug your phone into your computer.
    Enter your phone's password if you have one.
    In BBSAK, chose the Modify CODs' tab, then click Install COD(s).
    Go to the directory where you saved the "fix" .cod, select it and hit ok.
    It should install the new .cod over the old one, and you should have a working Bedside-Mode again on your Storm.

I think I got all this right...

Hope it helps,
    Rich
    Nope it still goes to a blank screen.So is there away to remove this COD or not worry about it?
    12-13-10 11:04 AM
    Cromwell:
    First, download "the fix" (which is a .cod file) by hitting the link in the OP's first post. Save this file to a separate location. I have a Blackberry folder in "My Documents" where I put files like this.

Go to bbsak.org and click the download link. Click the "free" download link on the second page. I saved the installer to my desktop. Install bbsak on your computer. (I downloaded the Free App rather than the full one. It has a "nag screen" but I don't expect I will use the program enough to justify the Full Version)

It should install the new .cod over the old one, and you should have a working Bedside-Mode again on your Storm.

Hope it helps,
    Rich
    I tried again and even dragged the cod out of the folder on my desktop and re loaded it again still doesn't work and I cannot find it in the BBSAK file list. But maybe I am not reading it correctly in the list. Oh is there a different COD for 9550 and 9530?
    12-13-10 11:25 AM
    I tried again and even dragged the cod out of the folder on my desktop and re loaded it again still doesn't work and I cannot find it in the BBSAK file list. But maybe I am not reading it correctly in the list. Oh is there a different COD for 9550 and 9530?
    if the file doesnt show up on your phone, then you're not loading it right.

try loading it with app loader. copy the fix file to your application java folder, and run app loader. if it asks you if you are sure you want to downgrade, select "yes".
    12-13-10 11:41 AM
    Cromwell:

Hope it helps,
    Rich
    Ok I am trying one other thing which is deleting the Cod and re downlading it and re installing it again
    Last edited by LCromwell; 12-13-10 at 11:45 AM. Reason: spelling
    12-13-10 11:44 AM
    if the file doesnt show up on your phone, then you're not loading it right.

try loading it with app loader. copy the fix file to your application java folder, and run app loader. if it asks you if you are sure you want to downgrade, select "yes".
    It should show in the Read System in BBSAK right?
    12-13-10 11:46 AM
    Ok I am trying one other thing which is deleting the Cod and re downlading it and re installing it again
    I'm in the same boat as you are. And I know BBSAK. Even with the old COD bedside mode works when I tether off my laptop, but not the wall charger.

EDIT: Spoke too soon.... I checked the version number and it was still .1015 on the Storm2 reloaded with BBSAK and it's now .979.
    Will know tonite if the mod worked.
    Last edited by ITF36059; 12-13-10 at 12:15 PM. Reason: sofa king stew pid
    12-13-10 11:56 AM
    just loading the file is all thats needed. it will over-write the old one automatically. be sure to reboot after loading to secure the file on the phone. (if BBSAK does not reboot automatically)

It should show in the Read System in BBSAK right?
    yes. click the system read button after the phone is done from its reboot, then sort by name.
    12-13-10 11:56 AM
    just loading the file is all thats needed. it will over-write the old one automatically. be sure to reboot after loading to secure the file on the phone. (if BBSAK does not reboot automatically)

yes. click the system read button after the phone is done from its reboot, then sort by name.
    The very last entry in the read system, net_rim_bb_clock_lib , is now showing, but still not working!
    12-13-10 12:34 PM
    The very last entry in the read system, net_rim_bb_clock_lib , is now showing, but still not working!
    then go into the clock app and check the options settings.
    12-13-10 12:39 PM
    then go into the clock app and check the options settings.
    I just did that and still doesn't work: as follows:
    When charging: Display Clock
    Dismiss Clock Auto.: No
    Bedside Mode;
    Dis. Led: Yes
    Dis. Radio: No
    Dim Screen: Yes
    Sound Profile: Normal
    Grrrrrrrrrr
    the bedside does work from computer but not charging station?
    Last edited by LCromwell; 12-13-10 at 01:04 PM.
    12-13-10 12:58 PM
    I just did that and still doesn't work: as follows:
    When charging: Display Clock
    Dismiss Clock Auto.: No
    Bedside Mode;
    Dis. Led: Yes
    Dis. Radio: No
    Dim Screen: Yes
    Sound Profile: Normal
    Grrrrrrrrrr
    the bedside does work from computer but not charging station?
    dont you want it to be: "When Charging - Enter Bedside Mode"?

also, what device are you on, and what OS do you have installed? if i read one of your previous posts correctly, you have a 9530 with 5.0.0.973? i thought the base 973 did NOT have bedside/clock issues? (its been a while since my 9530 has seen the base 973 os) regardless, if you are comfortable loading a hybrid os, the bbtweaks latest version for the 9530 has the bedside fix built-in.
    12-13-10 01:13 PM
    dont you want it to be: "When Charging - Enter Bedside Mode"?

also, what device are you on, and what OS do you have installed? if i read one of your previous posts correctly, you have a 9530 with 5.0.0.973? i thought the base 973 did NOT have bedside/clock issues? (its been a while since my 9530 has seen the base 973 os) regardless, if you are comfortable loading a hybrid os, the bbtweaks latest version for the 9530 has the bedside fix built-in.
    Nik, you may think me stupid, but I never saw the auto bedside mode selection before. I always had to manually select it. Is this a revision that came with (.973) to answer your other question? That did not fix it either. Yes I have been considering the .973 VIP Hybrid, but do I want a month or if I decide to keep the VIP going, can I get the months $5 credited towards the 1 yrs or is it a whole new deal. You know this .973 maybe the last update we get for the S1????
    12-13-10 01:25 PM
    Nik, you may think me stupid, but I never saw the auto bedside mode selection before. I always had to manually select it. Is this a revision that came with (.973) to answer your other question? That did not fix it either. Yes I have been considering the .973 VIP Hybrid, but do I want a month or if I decide to keep the VIP going, can I get the months $5 credited towards the 1 yrs or is it a whole new deal. You know this .973 maybe the last update we get for the S1????
    you will have to PM james about the vip discounts. i'm just a minion.

the bedside mode selection has been there ever since the introduction of the clock app with os5. you can even have it only go to bedside mode between certain hours, instead of all the time. it was included in 5.0.0.230 for the 8330!
    12-13-10 02:33 PM
    What do those of us who use MacBooks do to correct the problem? Safari can't open the fix.
    12-13-10 04:24 PM
    What do those of us who use MacBooks do to correct the problem? Safari can't open the fix.
    reboot into boot camp?

i am a mac user, and i have not found any way to load os modules on the mac side. it should be a simple task to find a windows xp installation disc, even if it is only just to load hybrids and os installations. i installed boot camp onto my macbook pro for just this reason. i use the mac side for everything, and the windows installation only for loading to my blackberry.
    12-14-10 07:08 AM
    I Hate to be such a noob but I am really stuck. I use by Storm 2 as a clock in my car when it's plugged in. with 5.0.0.1015 that no longer works. I have read the above posts but I am kinda clueless. I can't download the rar file for the fix and I don't know what the **** to do with it if I did. I really really want my clock back!!! can anyone help me for real???
    12-14-10 05:47 PM
    I Hate to be such a noob but I am really stuck. I use by Storm 2 as a clock in my car when it's plugged in. with 5.0.0.1015 that no longer works. I have read the above posts but I am kinda clueless. I can't download the rar file for the fix and I don't know what the **** to do with it if I did. I really really want my clock back!!! can anyone help me for real???
    the instructions are right in the first post?

So you have an issue with bedside mode not popping up on 5.0.0.983 when on the wall charger right? Don't Worry, your boys over at BB Tweaks have you covered! This issue popped up in 895 and I was able to hybrid it out.

1. Download the fix HERE
    2. Extract the file to your PC
    3. Use BBSAK or BBMCP to push the files to your BB or you can copy and paste the extracted files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.983_P4.2.0.427\Java and run the app loader.
    12-15-10 07:02 AM
    I want to restore my bedside mode as well, but do you have the same instructions on how to do it for computer dummies. The information posted does not make sense to me.
    12-15-10 05:33 PM
    So you have an issue with bedside mode not popping up on 5.0.0.983 when on the wall charger right? Don't Worry, your boys over at BB Tweaks have you covered! This issue popped up in 895 and I was able to hybrid it out.

1. Download the fix HERE
    2. Extract the file to your PC
    3. Use BBSAK or BBMCP to push the files to your BB or you can copy and paste the extracted files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.983_P4.2.0.427\Java and run the app loader.
    I want to restore my bedside mode as well, but do you have the same instructions on how to do it for computer dummies. The information posted does not make sense to me.

here, i'll dumb down the instructions a little bit...

1. Download the fix HERE
    2. Extract the file to your PC with winzip or winrar. (if you don't have either of these programs, you can google them for a free trial version)
    3. Use BBSAK or BBMCP to push the files to your BB (if you don't have BBMCP or BBSAK you can google them for a free trial version and instructions for use) or you can copy and paste the extracted files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.983_P4.2.0.427\Java and run the app loader. (if your device is NOT a 9550, the folder name will be slightly different, but in the same location)
    tom.imler likes this.
    12-16-10 07:23 AM
    Here are the instructions to fix Bedside mode using BBSAK:

How to Install New Apps/CODs Using BBSAK

JB
    12-16-10 08:51 AM
    here, i'll dumb down the instructions a little bit...

1. Download the fix HERE
    2. Extract the file to your PC with winzip or winrar. (if you don't have either of these programs, you can google them for a free trial version)
    3. Use BBSAK or BBMCP to push the files to your BB (if you don't have BBMCP or BBSAK you can google them for a free trial version and instructions for use) or you can copy and paste the extracted files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.983_P4.2.0.427\Java and run the app loader. (if your device is NOT a 9550, the folder name will be slightly different, but in the same location)
    Thank You!!!!! Once I got it, it worked like a dream!!! Thanks for taking pity on the noob!
    12-16-10 10:30 AM
    HOw is this going to work without the ALX file. It's been a while but IIRC Apploader needs ALX and COD.
    12-20-10 05:13 PM
    HOw is this going to work without the ALX file. It's been a while but IIRC Apploader needs ALX and COD.
    You have to use BBSAK or BBMCP to install the cod. There is no alx file. You can download either program at BBTweaks.com.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 05:16 PM
    OK. Got BBSAK and loaded new COD. Now clock won't work at all. I'm running 5.0.0.328

Error starting net_rim_bb.......
    Last edited by CXXXV; 12-20-10 at 05:43 PM.
    12-20-10 05:39 PM
    Did you reboot?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 05:41 PM
141 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD