WOW! I was going to roll back like I did on my curve... (it did the same thing) but you saved the day. Thank you!
    12-01-10 09:03 PM
    Hi,

My turn... I bought docks for home desk, work desk and bedside... (now they don't work. I tried the app loader to no avail. I went to copy the file to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.983_P4.2.0.427\Java, but that directory does not exist. Now what?
    12-02-10 10:53 AM
    I got as far as research in motion but don't see this: Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.983_P4.2.0.427\Java. what am I doing wrong?
    12-02-10 11:08 AM
    Dowload Winrar or any .RAR program to extract it.
    12-02-10 11:42 AM
    Thanks so much for the info. Once I found out what BBSAK is. For those of you, like me, who didn't know what BBSAK is, it's a free program you can download off the net. There is a tutorial on their website that is very helpful for learning how it works. The bedside mode issue is now solved. Thanks again
    12-02-10 11:48 AM
    Well,

3 hours later and it's up and running with the new updates and the old Clock file....

Now I can go back and perform all of the device set-ups (another hour or two), to bring it back to the way it was before the "update". For those of us that use these as a lifeline to out jobs, this sucks.

Anyway, thanks for all the advise. I now know that I will always update my phone (after reading comments here) only using the PC.

JHunter.
    12-02-10 01:22 PM
    I got as far as research in motion but don't see this: Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.983_P4.2.0.427\Java. what am I doing wrong?
    Same here.
    I'm currently running .1015

Good Luck
    12-02-10 02:07 PM
    My install went flawlessly. THANK YOU from both my wife and myself. I downloaded BBSAK and used it to install, and it overwrote whatever was screwed up. Now I have the clock when I charge the phone.
    12-03-10 01:57 PM
    Install also went flawlessly here. Also used BBSAK to overwrite the screwed up .1015 cod. MANY THANKS!
    12-04-10 03:59 PM
    with the Bed Time mode fix?

Really important for me - it is my clock and alarm on my weekly travels.

Tim
    12-05-10 09:42 PM
    I had to use the fix with my Storm 2 after upgrading to OS .1015. Thanks for the fix! It worked perfectly. My only regret is that I had to go to a PC to do the fix. BBSAK will you PLEASE make a version for Mac???
    12-06-10 11:40 AM
    My only complaint with the fix comes from my wife. While the bedside mode is fixed, it doesn't go into "dim screen" mode. So the clock is VERY bright.
    12-07-10 02:32 PM
    sooo i gues my name says it all!!!! I have no idea what to do with this information, however, it looks like it will help me when i do. could someone please help me. i don't understand how to make it work for my phone... i clicked the link above and now what?
    12-07-10 11:23 PM
    thank you so much
    12-08-10 01:35 AM
    So you have an issue with bedside mode not popping up on 5.0.0.983 when on the wall charger right? Don't Worry, your boys over at BB Tweaks have you covered! This issue popped up in 895 and I was able to hybrid it out.

1. Download the fix HERE
    2. Extract the file to your PC
    3. Use BBSAK or BBMCP to push the files to your BB or you can copy and paste the extracted files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.983_P4.2.0.427\Java and run the app loader.
    Worked like a dream, Thanks so much!
    12-09-10 07:54 AM
    Can someone please post a simple how to use BBSAK? I am trying to add the bedside mode to my S1 .973. I tried using the app loader and it still doesn't work in bedside mode. So maybe this BBSAK will fix it. There are no instructions and maybe its add cod does it but I don't know what cod stands for??? Also If I give up on .973 how does one put a previous OS that worked back on S. I have
    .724 and know it worked? I would like to shrink it to as i did the .973. I found another problem on the Vol. on spker phone. Use to be when i set it lower it stayed at that setting now everytime I activate spkerphone its at full volume?? So I think again it is .973 OS causing the problem. I also have more memory leakage going on with .973 than I ever did with .724.
    12-09-10 09:51 AM
    I upgraded to 5.0.0.1015 last week and ran into the "bedside mode" problem. Discovering and using BBSAK as suggested by the OP in this thread was a life saver since I use my Storm as my bedside clock. (and I felt so 'techie' since I had never messed with .cod files and the like!) A BIG THANK YOU TO THE OP!

Yesterday, however, the problem 'rose from the dead'. I updated my BB Desktop software and performed a back-up of my phone. There was a suggested update for the phone through the Desktop program, so I did that too.

Last night, I put the phone in the charging cradle as I was going to bed and the problem was back. No Bedside-Mode. And if you manually put the phone in Bedside mode, the screen blacked out completely after a few minutes. Fortunately, BBSAK is so simple to use (once you understand it) I was able to re-install the new .cod file in a minute or two.

So, be careful when you update your phone through BB Desktop. Apparently, it will re-install the defective Clock .cod file.

Again, thanks for the help on this issue!
    12-12-10 08:28 AM
    My only complaint with the fix comes from my wife. While the bedside mode is fixed, it doesn't go into "dim screen" mode. So the clock is VERY bright.
    You might want to double check your options settings under the Clock. There is a option under the Bedside Mode section for "Dim Screen". My Storm dims correctly using the revised .cod file mentioned in this thread.

Hope this helps,
    Rich
    12-12-10 08:33 AM
    I upgraded to 5.0.0.1015 last week and ran into the "bedside mode" problem. Discovering and using BBSAK as suggested by the OP in this thread was a life saver since I use my Storm as my bedside clock. (and I felt so 'techie' since I had never messed with .cod files and the like!) A BIG THANK YOU TO THE OP!

Yesterday, however, the problem 'rose from the dead'. I updated my BB Desktop software and performed a back-up of my phone. There was a suggested update for the phone through the Desktop program, so I did that too.

Last night, I put the phone in the charging cradle as I was going to bed and the problem was back. No Bedside-Mode. And if you manually put the phone in Bedside mode, the screen blacked out completely after a few minutes. Fortunately, BBSAK is so simple to use (once you understand it) I was able to re-install the new .cod file in a minute or two.

So, be careful when you update your phone through BB Desktop. Apparently, it will re-install the defective Clock .cod file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by LCromwell; 12-13-10 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Posted in wrong place.
    12-12-10 11:42 AM

I need help. I downloaded this bedside fix but I can't seem to install it. Can you walk me thru it step by step? Also am I to drag the OS out of app loader? What do I drag into app loader? I got a file folder for the fix. Does this go into app loader or Java folder? I did what I thought was correct but bedside was not fixed.

12-13-10 09:53 AM
    You might want to double check your options settings under the Clock. There is a option under the Bedside Mode section for "Dim Screen". My Storm dims correctly using the revised .cod file mentioned in this thread.

Hope this helps,
    Rich
    Nope. Doesn't work. I checked the settings immediately after doing the fix. Stays bright in bedside mode on her phone and mine.
    12-13-10 10:01 AM
    Cromwell:
    I'm at work so I don't have my home computer with me, but as I remember:
    First, download "the fix" (which is a .cod file) by hitting the link in the OP's first post. Save this file to a separate location. I have a Blackberry folder in "My Documents" where I put files like this.

Go to bbsak.org and click the download link. Click the "free" download link on the second page. I saved the installer to my desktop. Install bbsak on your computer. (I downloaded the Free App rather than the full one. It has a "nag screen" but I don't expect I will use the program enough to justify the Full Version)

Once you have BBSAK installed, click the new Icon on your desktop.
    Plug your phone into your computer.
    Enter your phone's password if you have one.
    In BBSAK, chose the Modify CODs' tab, then click Install COD(s).
    Go to the directory where you saved the "fix" .cod, select it and hit ok.
    It should install the new .cod over the old one, and you should have a working Bedside-Mode again on your Storm.

I think I got all this right...

Hope it helps,
    Rich
    LCromwell and bridger2001 like this.
    12-13-10 10:16 AM
    Nope. Doesn't work. I checked the settings immediately after doing the fix. Stays bright in bedside mode on her phone and mine.
    define "stays bright"? RIM's definition of "Dim Screen" means "stays lit, but at a lower level."
    12-13-10 10:19 AM
    define "stays bright"? RIM's definition of "Dim Screen" means "stays lit, but at a lower level."
    It is the same brightness when set to "dim screen" as it is when I am outside in broad daylight and I access the clock. Previously, when I put the phone in the charger, it would start as bright and drop to dim after about 30 seconds.
    12-13-10 10:24 AM
    Cromwell:
    I'm at work so I don't have my home computer with me, but as I remember:
    First, download "the fix" (which is a .cod file) by hitting the link in the OP's first post. Save this file to a separate location. I have a Blackberry folder in "My Documents" where I put files like this.

Go to bbsak.org and click the download link. Click the "free" download link on the second page. I saved the installer to my desktop. Install bbsak on your computer. (I downloaded the Free App rather than the full one. It has a "nag screen" but I don't expect I will use the program enough to justify the Full Version)

Once you have BBSAK installed, click the new Icon on your desktop.
    Plug your phone into your computer.
    Enter your phone's password if you have one.
    In BBSAK, chose the Modify CODs' tab, then click Install COD(s).
    Go to the directory where you saved the "fix" .cod, select it and hit ok.
    It should install the new .cod over the old one, and you should have a working Bedside-Mode again on your Storm.

I think I got all this right...

Hope it helps,
    Rich
    Ok Rich I did as you suggested and it says it installed it and it went into reboot. I will report back if it works.
    12-13-10 10:55 AM
141 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD