hey lyricidal i keep getting an error when i try to fix lock, quick launch, and mms

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
    at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
    at ShrinkAOS.Form1.Button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    Did you browse for the folder
    or just leave it as-is with the checkbox underneath the browse box checked (this should work best)

robstitzer: glad to hear it worked, no problem
    Slick_Rick: AppLoader should save your apps and restore, but sometimes it screws up. I would back them up in Desktop Manager just incase.
    05-02-09 10:20 AM
    I browsed for a folder
    05-02-09 10:22 AM
    One more stupid question...please bear with me...I'm getting myself confused.

On my PC, I am running Vista 64-bit OS. Under program files, however, it is separated into "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)". So do I download the hybrid x64 installer or the x86 installer??
    05-02-09 10:23 AM
    I browsed for a folder
    try the second method, should work fine, 2.6.1 will eventually have that removed and just work as a Hybrid Installer edition that will run after any of my Hybrid installers

KarlyT: not a stupid question at all, can be quite confusing really
    You are using X64, so stick with that installer - I`m using X64 aswell so I`ve set it up to install correctly for us
    (Our RIM files are in the Program Files (x86)/Common Files folder)
    05-02-09 10:24 AM
    alright cool got it thanks for the help
    05-02-09 10:25 AM
    Thx for the quick A$$ reply!
    05-02-09 10:53 AM
    Hey...been running the latest .141/5.0 and found a glitch. I was recording some video yesterday and I froze up several times the phone didnt want to save. I've had it happen before was just wondering if anyone knows which release had the best video camera.
    05-02-09 11:11 AM
    Thanks Lyric, I will give it a whirl. Thanks again for all the hard work.
    05-02-09 11:20 AM
    Lyr , I downloaded the 5.0..0.90+.141.rar file, extracted it and transfered the java folder on to my OS java folder ie .131 and installed using apploader.After reboot I find my memory has come down from about 48 mb [ before installing hybrid ]to around 39 mb [ after installing hybrid ]even after doing a battery pull. The device shows no evidence of 5.0.0 files .
    Could you help please.
    Thanks
    My OS is 4.7.0.131
    05-02-09 11:33 AM
    Lyr , I downloaded the 5.0..0.90+.141.rar file, extracted it and transfered the java folder on to my OS java folder ie .131 and installed using apploader.After reboot I find my memory has come down from about 48 mb [ before installing hybrid ]to around 39 mb [ after installing hybrid ]even after doing a battery pull. The device shows no evidence of 5.0.0 files .
    Could you help please.
    Thanks
    My OS is 4.7.0.131
    Did you use Shrink-A-OS at all and check the first post on how to check for 5.0 files
    when you went through Loader did it go through the process and update okay�
    05-02-09 11:35 AM
    Been using this and I cannot get my browser up and running no matter what. Battery pulls, resent service books, nothing. Suggestions please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 11:50 AM
    Lyr
    I shrank and removed the default font. I now want it back. I reran ShrinkOS twice and still can't get it back. Any ideas?

05-02-09 12:08 PM
    Lyr
    I shrank and removed the default font. I now want it back. I reran ShrinkOS twice and still can't get it back. Any ideas?

Use crackutil to put it back in. It should be in the removed folder

If not oneofakindpc has the default font on his thread just download it and use crackutil to put it back

Last edited by bmtenney; 05-02-09 at 12:13 PM.
    05-02-09 12:11 PM
    Lyr--- what do you prefer with this hybrid, the 132 radio or the 141?
    05-02-09 12:23 PM
    This was my first time trying a hybrid and I'm not sure what happened...everything installed correctly but everything I chose to shrink showed up on my phone after the upgrade. Also, any time I get an email or BBM the red asterisk stay there. Did I do something wrong?
    05-02-09 12:30 PM
    Polar you will love it one of the best ones out there.

I'm killing my battery today- 8.5 % per hour with Medium use. Need to let things settle before I judge battery performance.

05-02-09 12:57 PM
    I'm killing my battery today- 8.5 % per hour with Medium use. Need to let things settle before I judge battery performance.

Yeah battery was a little rough the first day for me as well. Day 2 is better still but the average is still about 3-5% so hopefully day 3-4 will be better still.

05-02-09 01:22 PM
    24 hours so far...it's been the best OS I've used to date!!!!
    Thanks Lyricidal!!!!
    Quick question: Are we supposed to get the black boot up screen vs the white one with blue line at the bottom?
    05-02-09 02:24 PM
    I run the installer and after it runs, it gives me an error at the end and says hit ok to terminate and than apploader pulls up. Is this ok?

How can i find out if I am running 32 or 64 bit?
    05-02-09 02:57 PM
    All I have to say is WOW really, this Hybrid is amazing, super fast. I usually don't comment much, kinda a leacher off of others, but this called for a huge THANK YOU. The browser is really fast, not Opera fast but fast, accelerometer is snappy, animations are smooth, I feel like this is what the Storm was intended to be like. Thank you again
    05-02-09 02:59 PM
    i installed and everything seems to be working!!!! how do i tell if its the hybrid again?

what do i do to fix the lock unlock thing?
    05-02-09 03:41 PM
    i installed and everything seems to be working!!!! how do i tell if its the hybrid again?

what do i do to fix the lock unlock thing?
    Go to Options > Advanced > Applications > BB Button > Modules. Scroll through and you should see files with 5.0.0.90 beside them.

Unlock is fixed in latest download as of at least two daays ago, maybe more.
    05-02-09 03:46 PM
    24 hours so far...it's been the best OS I've used to date!!!!
    Thanks Lyricidal!!!!
    Quick question: Are we supposed to get the black boot up screen vs the white one with blue line at the bottom?
    I think that's normal....has something to do with the 5.0 modules. Both mine are missing the white screen with the blue progress bar too.
    05-02-09 04:04 PM
    ONE, TWO, THREE, ALL TOGETHER NOW
    LYRICIDAL ROCKS!!! thx for sharing all your work
    05-02-09 04:07 PM
    Yeah battery was a little rough the first day for me as well. Day 2 is better still but the average is still about 3-5% so hopefully day 3-4 will be better still.

Happy to hear about battery usage improvements

05-02-09 05:50 PM
3,314 ... 6667686970 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD