01-18-10 05:39 AM
85 ... 234
tools
    Sorry, but is it possible that only on my Storm2 this update in addiction to the others (.402, .428) are there great connections problems for the Bis?
    In other words sometimes I haven't the BB logo near the 3G, sometimes I have it but in the connection in the Service status is not connected (as you can see in the shot below), and sometimes (rarely) it works.
    In this way I must downgrade my BB to the .341 firm. In this case the Bis works perfectly at every start up of my Storm2, but I have the big trouble of the "green button" that works very hard. I'm chained to the .341 firm! and I don't want it.
    If it should be a problem on my Storm no firm should work on it, why only the .341 works fine and not the others?
    Any solution? I very depressed about it...
    Please help me.
    I'm sorry, I"m probably no help at all. But have you tried re-sending service books? reregistering on the network? I had a friend, she had a 9700 that wouldn't allow ANYTHING except for emails to come through. No appworld, no apps, no browsing... Nothing. Just emails. She had to call her service provider, and they did something to her account (I imagine reestablish her BB account permissions) and then it worked again. It would always give her "not enough coverage" or something like that. I didn't really pay attention.
    01-09-10 02:33 PM
    Sorry, but is it possible that only on my Storm2 this update in addiction to the others (.402, .428) are there great connections problems for the Bis?
    In other words sometimes I haven't the BB logo near the 3G, sometimes I have it but in the connection in the Service status is not connected (as you can see in the shot below), and sometimes (rarely) it works.
    In this way I must downgrade my BB to the .341 firm. In this case the Bis works perfectly at every start up of my Storm2, but I have the big trouble of the "green button" that works very hard. I'm chained to the .341 firm! and I don't want it.
    If it should be a problem on my Storm no firm should work on it, why only the .341 works fine and not the others?
    Any solution? I very depressed about it...
    Please help me.
    I had problems going from .306 to any of the previous leaks and officials for some weird reason. so i was running .306 as that was the most stable until this latest leak came out. i then UPGRADED from 306 rather then doing a complete wipe and installing .436. so far the install has worked great!

ive not had any problems with .436. so i was wondering if its worthin tryin to install 306 from a clean wipe and then upgrade to 436 and see if you benefit that way!

Jus thought i would mention it...
    01-09-10 02:47 PM
    I'm sorry, I"m probably no help at all. But have you tried re-sending service books? reregistering on the network? I had a friend, she had a 9700 that wouldn't allow ANYTHING except for emails to come through. No appworld, no apps, no browsing... Nothing. Just emails. She had to call her service provider, and they did something to her account (I imagine reestablish her BB account permissions) and then it worked again. It would always give her "not enough coverage" or something like that. I didn't really pay attention.
    I've tryed a lot of times to resending manually the service books, but always the same!
    Sometimes it goes, sometimes no!
    P.S.: considering that I haven't switched off my Storm, now the service status is connected! And I haven't touched my phone until now!

Mainman, I will try your way. Crossing my fingers...
    01-09-10 03:40 PM
    thanx for any info..
    01-09-10 04:14 PM
    More new stuff. The voice dialing has had new voices and procedure changes

Lets say you are calling John Smith who has 2 numbers - home and mobile. With the old sytem you would say "call John Smith" and get asked "which Number?" You'd answer "Mobile" and that was it

Now under the same scenario you get asked "Which location" and when you say Mobile it says "calling Mobile 1-Next time say call John Smith Mobile 1". So it now has a help feature- plus it is a lot more accurate. No more yelling and far fewer "Did you say?"
    01-10-10 10:46 PM
    Well updated last night from manufaturer build (.306 I believe)

And honnestly I'm not impressed...

I find rotation of the screen quite laggy, and the keyboard seems very innacurate.

It seems overall smoother, but those 2 bugs are really annoying...

Will report back later...
    01-14-10 11:34 AM
    At the beginning I was happy with .436 leak OS upgrade. Everything was faster and there was no green button issue. However a little bit later the issue with green button came back and now my BB also stopped receiving any messages as well as logging in to BBM, ICQ, Gtalk etc.
    01-18-10 04:56 AM
    At the beginning I was happy with .436 leak OS upgrade. Everything was faster and there was no green button issue. However a little bit later the issue with green button came back and now my BB also stopped receiving any messages as well as logging in to BBM, ICQ, Gtalk etc.
    I thought so too. Does your radio say 3g or gsm when you can't get your messages? I've seen this far too often. I'm on 306 again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 05:11 AM
    No it says EDGE or 3G, however I can't get messages, but I'm able to send it at the same time. As soon as I turn my wi-fi on everything starts working properly.
    01-18-10 05:38 AM
    Now Im wondering how to downgrade my OS to 306???
    01-18-10 05:39 AM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD